General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

WeatherTech Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM
WeatherTech Floor Liners

My dad has a set of these floor liners for his 4Runner and they fit the contours of his floors perfectly! I am having a tough time finding a mat that fits our front floors...I live in Nova Scotia and we get our fair share of snow.

These floor liners fit the floors much like the cargo tray does in the trunk. I went on their site and they have them for the new Civics...but not the Fit. They have high ends so that you would probably never have to vacuum the carpet again...just dump the tray. They have a product request form where you can specify your car and what product you would like to see them develop for your car. I sent them 2 requests already for this floorliner. Maybe members from Fit Freak can push them to make this product. haha. Heres the request form:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/a...onrequest.aspx

Here are those floor liners for the new Civic:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...OptChoiceIds=9

Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
I just bought my all-weather floor liner's(mat's)from Honda part's department.They fit great(of course) and they are thick and very strong looking for the rainy season coming up in Florida soon.Alot better then the stock carpet's I paid the same price for.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:03 AM
I am curious as to what the difference would be with those as opposed to the Honda ones? Wouldn't they be even more expensive? (not that many would be produced it seems )

Oh and for the ppl who have the Honda all weather ones-
1)Do you feet slip or stick to the mats?
2) Does it keep water (like from wet shoes after a rain) from flowing
off and under the mat to the carpet?
3) Is it thicker than the regular floor mats? (cuz I already dont have as
much room down there as I would like)

k thanks in advance...

Old 02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
The biggest selling points to me with the Weather Tech floor liners is how high the edges are and the precise fit. The edges on Honda ones to me are just like any other flat mat. I would say that these would be either cheaper or very close in price than the OEM Honda ones.

The Weather Tech floor liners are fantastic...my dad has had them for over 2 years in his '06 4Runner and he has never had to vacuum his floors. You just take the tray out and hose it out. Also, when making turns, any water will not make it over the higher edges. These floor liners remind me of the OEM cargo tray.

Click on the 2nd link in my 1st post and you'll see what I mean by the higher edges. There is a picture with them installed in a 2007 Civic. They clearly cover the entire floor and up the sides.

Oh and BTW, I dont work for Weather Tech...my description sounds like an ad. hahaha. I just want to see Weather Tech develop these for our cars.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 02-23-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Snap Fit .1)My feet don't slip with the all-season mat's,but the mat's themselve's slip around quite a bit(I don't have the hook's installed to keep them in place or they wouldn't move around). 2)It look's like it will stop the rain water from entering the carpeted area,but I've not tested yet,but will soon(It's raining season starting now in Florida)3)YES it's so much thicker than the standard mat's. These thing's are heavy and I wouldn't be surprised if they could stop a bullet. Overall I am happy with them and I have no problem's with room(6'2).Would recommend(Honda fit and finish vs. aftermarket).

Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by prelude_guy97
The biggest selling points to me with the Weather Tech floor liners is how high the edges are and the precise fit. The edges on Honda ones to me are just like any other flat mat. I would say that these would be either cheaper or very close in price than the OEM Honda ones.
Good to know thanks! The edges are a concern of mine...not a huge one but still...

...Click on the 2nd link in my 1st post and you'll see what I mean by the higher edges. There is a picture with them installed in a 2007 Civic. They clearly cover the entire floor and up the sides.
I cant get the pics or the video to work , only the tiny ones show up and work...too small for me to spy

oh and thanks Mr.Ball for you input as well.
But I am still wondering.... would it in any way impeed my clutch, gas and brake modulation? I am rather precise (or like that feeling anyway) and I hate it when my feet get stuck (rubber on rubber) or when they slip cause of wetness or lite sand, dust, dirt, mud, oil....blah...blah...blah....

...oh and I would use my plastic mat posts to hold it in place, so that would probably take care of some of the issue.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
Oh and for the ppl who have the Honda all weather ones-
1)Do you feet slip or stick to the mats?
2) Does it keep water (like from wet shoes after a rain) from flowing
off and under the mat to the carpet?
3) Is it thicker than the regular floor mats? (cuz I already dont have as
much room down there as I would like)

k thanks in advance...

1) My heels slip minimally on the mat when my shoes are wet. No problems with sticking or anything else. I also use the hooks to hold it in place.
2) Never had a problem with water getting off the mats.
3) No idea. They are thicker then the stock mats in my '06 civic though.

My only real dislike about these is that it doesn't go all the way under the gas pedal. There is kind of a triangular cutout that conforms to the carpeting.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
I've got the Honda All-weathers myself and they do leak water off the edges. I noticed this last year when it snowed and was a bit disappointed. In my case, it started to leak out from where the floor starts the upturn angle to the firewall and got salty water all under the mat. Worse part was, the water didn't dry and just sat b/c the mat was covering and it couldn't evaporate. the quality and fit of the mats is excellent, but the edges could be much better designed. Personally, I'd love a set of the Weathertech liners for the winter months, no worries at all then. Even their regular mats are well designed and never leaked when I had them in my xB.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys for more info and helping to answer more of my questions

Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
snapfit- you're in the bestest climate in the US. who the hell needs a/s
floor mats unless you go snowboarding or something in the LA mountains?

just use your factory carpet ones.

actually, Berber makes some real nice carpet mats. i had one made
over at autosport catalog for my G35C and it's been fantastic. no
slippage, very durable.

AutoSportCatalog.com - Products For Everyone Who Drives! 800-953-0814
Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Soon after I bought the Fit, I thought about buying a set of Floorliners from WeatherTech. I was surprised that two years after the US introduction of the Fit that there was no application for it from WeatherTech. I sent an application request, and got what I suspected was a generic response. Today I ordered a set of Floorliners for our Yukon XL, and afterward decided to call and ask about the Fit. I spoke with a guy named Derrick at WeatherTech, and he assured me that the Floorliner mats for the Fit would be available in 2-3 months. He said that they originally had no plans to offer them for the Fit, but then so many requests came in that they changed their minds.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Thats definetly good to hear! Hopefully they do make them...Ill be one of the first to buy! Thanks for your info.

Im sure I sent in the request about 5 times. haha.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by prelude_guy97
Im sure I sent in the request about 5 times. haha.
Good job... it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

I just can't believe it has taken so long for them to um, well, fit the Fit!

Old 06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I searched in the past and they didn't have any listed.
Can't wait for them to come out.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I think they are an excellent product. My dad has them in his '06 4Runner. They fit every contour of the floor. The only thing he has to vacuum is his seats.

Maybe ill send in another request just for the hell of it. lol.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
WeatherTech Mats

WeatherTech floor mats are now available for the Fit in Black, Tan or Gray.

Don

Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm waiting for the WeatherTech Floorliners. They're still not available for the Fit yet. I'm very happy with the Floorliners I bought for our Yukon XL. The quality is top notch, and they fit like a glove.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I asked again about the FloorLiner mats and this was their reply:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

The FloorLiners are going to be available for the 2007 and 2008 Honda Fit within the next two months. Once the part is available, the website will be updated with the new information.

Please call us if you have further questions and we will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Derek
MacNeil Automotive

Old 07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I added my request for the FloorLiners as well.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
I put in a request as well so hoping they will speed things up.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners