Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Cheapest way to get a yellow Fit? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/23261-cheapest-way-get-yellow-fit.html)

Dimer 04-03-2008 02:48 AM

You could also import a german Honda Jazz. They come in Yellow and have discs front and rear.

Check:

Car Ad: Detailed Item View

jb518 04-03-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks for the link to the German site. That is definitely a possibility. And left hand drive to boot :).

I e-mailed a rep I've dealt with a few times at a local Honda dealership and he said he has never come across a yellow Fit in the states... but also hasn't actively looked. He's going to keep his eyes open for one for me in the meantime.

Does anyone know, would the German models be based on the JDM or USDM Fits? I'm thinking about the 09 USDM models and their weird front end. Perhaps the new models in German would have the updated styling, but keep the JDM look. Any thoughts?

prelude_guy97 04-03-2008 02:03 PM

Id say that German model would be closer to a JDM one. That yellow sure looks nice! Just need to color match the door handles and mirrors.

Dimer 04-03-2008 02:22 PM

The EUDM models are based on the JDM models.
You might like this:
Honda | Jazz | Kleuren

It's the Dutch Honda site. Problem with Dutch cars is that they are very expensive!!

My Jazz 1.2 Cool is €15.000,- wich is est $23.000,-

jb518 04-03-2008 02:25 PM

digging a little deeper at the German website, I found they have 17 yellow fits available. The only downside I see is they run from 10,000 - 15,000 Euros, which translates to $15k - 23k USD. Once I factor in shipping again, I might as well paint one :). Still looking though...

JDMchris.com 04-03-2008 02:39 PM

Any fit you import from out of the US, with the exception of canada, will be hard to register as they are all based on the JDM chassis. Still easier and more cost effective to get it painted.

Mr.FIsTer 04-03-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jb518 (Post 271599)
What's the cheapest way I could get a Yellow Fit, just like the one at the top of the page of FitFreak.net?

just go to wal-mart and buy about 20-30 cans of krylon spraypaint and have at it....with a little wetsanding and buffing it should look just like the one on here....i think thats what he did.

ezduzit 04-03-2008 04:52 PM

Here ya go:

This guy painted his Corvair for $50 with a roller and the results are amazing.

Need a paint job? $50 will do it - Autoblog

ezduzit 04-03-2008 04:55 PM

Here's a link directly to the guy's website for the $50 paintjob.

Rickwrench, Alfa GTV, Falcon Squire, Corvair

airborne200208 04-03-2008 05:01 PM

I thought we decided Mexico Fits were JDM (LHD), would there be yellow ones there?

JDMchris.com 04-03-2008 05:04 PM

yellow is not offered in mexico.

airborne200208 04-03-2008 05:06 PM

Man, Honda Japan hates us something fierce.

jb518 04-03-2008 07:32 PM

Man... I thought people were kidding when they kept mentioning spray paint or a paint roller. After seeing what that guy did to the Corvair, I have to say I'm pretty darn impressed. I still don't think I have the guts to try it myself, but it's good to know it can be done.

It's a shame Mexico doesn't offer the yellow Fits. I've traveled there many times and could just pick one up and drive home :).

ezduzit 04-04-2008 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by jb518 (Post 273803)
Man... I thought people were kidding when they kept mentioning spray paint or a paint roller. After seeing what that guy did to the Corvair, I have to say I'm pretty darn impressed. I still don't think I have the guts to try it myself, but it's good to know it can be done.

It's a shame Mexico doesn't offer the yellow Fits. I've traveled there many times and could just pick one up and drive home :).

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm pretty sure the suggestions to use spray paint were in jest, at least I hope they were.

The guy who used a foam roller and thinned down paint is not in jest. It takes a lot of coats and sanding, but it works well because the thinned paint levels itself and the foam roller applies it very evenly and smoothly.

It's quite a bit of work, but hey, it's $50 and looks good. My favorite color for cars also happens to be yellow, and I just might his method a shot when I need a new paint job. Worst case scenario is that I mess it up and have to have it professionally painted. I can deal with that scenario, but I think it would turn out at least as good as his Corvair did.

ed

fittmann 04-04-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by jb518 (Post 271599)
I'm new to this forum, but have done a bit of research and hope someone can answer this question. What's the cheapest way I could get a Yellow Fit, just like the one at the top of the page of FitFreak.net?

I can see a few options:
1. Importing a Yellow JDM Fit - the problems I see with that is the shipping charge (roughly $2k), the hassle of all the paperwork, making sure it meets US requirements (if needed) & it's right hand drive.

2. Purchasing 2007 or 2008 US Fit and have it repainted. I've read posts about having this done and people seem to guesstimate it would cost between $2k-$3k to have it done well (pretty much the same cost of importing a JDM).

3. Wait till the 2009 models are released and keep my fingers crossed that yellow is an option. The biggest problem to this, is I don't like the 2009 US Fit, nearly as much as the JDM version. The longer frontend looks really off to me.

4. Continue searching online (ie - Ebay) and see if someone has a yellow Fit to sell. There is one on E-bay right now, but it's a show car and the Buy It Now price is $55k. Bidding only starts at 10k though, but there is a reserve.

So those are the options I can think of. Am I missing anything? What are the chances of contacting a local Honda dealer and seeing if they have any access to a Yellow Fit (either imported or repainted)? I'm thinking they won't be able to help, but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can get this done reasonably priced would be appreciated.

My wife bought a 2008 VBP Fit when they came out in Sept., and we both love it. So, that's the main reason I'm thinking of doing this.

Thanks!

Move to Atlanta, Ga....it's spring here and it doesn't matter WHAT color your car is, the spring pollen turns EVERY car yellow!! LOL :)
'07 VBP Sport 5MT Currently w/ a Yellow pollen topcoat!! :)