General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Cheapest way to get a yellow Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Question Cheapest way to get a yellow Fit?

I'm new to this forum, but have done a bit of research and hope someone can answer this question. What's the cheapest way I could get a Yellow Fit, just like the one at the top of the page of FitFreak.net?

I can see a few options:
1. Importing a Yellow JDM Fit - the problems I see with that is the shipping charge (roughly $2k), the hassle of all the paperwork, making sure it meets US requirements (if needed) & it's right hand drive.

2. Purchasing 2007 or 2008 US Fit and have it repainted. I've read posts about having this done and people seem to guesstimate it would cost between $2k-$3k to have it done well (pretty much the same cost of importing a JDM).

3. Wait till the 2009 models are released and keep my fingers crossed that yellow is an option. The biggest problem to this, is I don't like the 2009 US Fit, nearly as much as the JDM version. The longer frontend looks really off to me.

4. Continue searching online (ie - Ebay) and see if someone has a yellow Fit to sell. There is one on E-bay right now, but it's a show car and the Buy It Now price is $55k. Bidding only starts at 10k though, but there is a reserve.

So those are the options I can think of. Am I missing anything? What are the chances of contacting a local Honda dealer and seeing if they have any access to a Yellow Fit (either imported or repainted)? I'm thinking they won't be able to help, but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can get this done reasonably priced would be appreciated.

My wife bought a 2008 VBP Fit when they came out in Sept., and we both love it. So, that's the main reason I'm thinking of doing this.

Thanks!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Find out if Canada offered the Yellow Fit and get it from there.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Canada does not offer Yellow Fits.
I would buy one and have it painted. The chances that we get Yellow for 09 are extremely slim.

Tyler

Old 04-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
The Yellow one on Ebay is the N1 Concepts Fit and is a JDM Fit. Easiest thing is to Paint it.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
i'd say just paint it. If the cost is the roughly the same as importing a yellow fit. Might as well just paint it and save the hassles of all the paperwork involved.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Buy a used '07 and repaint it or buy a new '08 and repaint it!
If you buy the used '07 it'll help w/ the cost of the repaint!!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for all the help. It sounds like painting is going to be the way to go. I'll have to make some calls to local shops and try to get some estimates of what that will run.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
From the horror stories about our paint...re-painting ASAP might be the best thing! If you get it painted yellow...please post some pics up here!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:31 PM
The ebay one also has this:

Car is meant for promotional and offroad use only.
We are not liable or resposible for registration.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Uhh, people he said the cheapest way. Not easiest.
Hit up Advanced or Autozone.

Rattle can that beeeotch!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Uhh, people he said the cheapest way. Not easiest.
Hit up Advanced or Autozone.

Rattle can that beeeotch!
Hahah true that. If you really want to do it the cheapest way, there is always spray paint! Just remember to tape the windows first!

Tyler

Old 04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
This DIY would be easy since it is fresh paint it will come off quite easily. Then bam the bumblebee

Old 04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Im up for a DIY... Anyone want to help out?

Old 04-01-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for importing a canadian/jdm yellow fit. Unless you completely strip the car of its interior and engine before you paint it, you are going to be reminded of its true color every time you open the hood. It hurts my OCD

Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Hahah true that. If you really want to do it the cheapest way, there is always spray paint! Just remember to tape the windows first!

Tyler
Reminds me of this guy on the Lowe's lot this past Sunday. Has his kid trying to hold plastic down on his car, the wind if blowing hard and he is spray painting his hood black. I am pissed because my Fit is parked down in the back forty a few cars away from his. Then he has the nerve to ask me to pop the hood for him. I checked the Fit and no black paint but jez - could he not have found a better place to repaint his hood.

Cat :x

Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
spraypaint= quickest way to lower your cars value*

*99.99% of the time

Old 04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Reminds me of this guy on the Lowe's lot this past Sunday. Has his kid trying to hold plastic down on his car, the wind if blowing hard and he is spray painting his hood black. I am pissed because my Fit is parked down in the back forty a few cars away from his. Then he has the nerve to ask me to pop the hood for him. I checked the Fit and no black paint but jez - could he not have found a better place to repaint his hood.

Cat :x

are you...serious???? i would've kicked that guy in the shins.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I guess I should have been a smidge more clear, cheapest & easiest way to get an OEM looking yellow Fit. I wouldn't dare take spray paint to the car. I did see the "promotional use only" for the E-bay Fit and thought that was kind of weird, but I guess he's just playing it safe.

Someone mentioned getting a yellow Fit from Canada, but from what I've found online they don't have that color. I actually thought about that, because I'm only about 2 hours away from Montreal. Oh well...

All the feedback has been great on the forum. I appreciate everyone's opinions & help. Has anyone ever seen a yellow Fit at a Honda dealership (ie - someone imported or painted their Fit and then traded it in?)? I figure this must be rare, but it might happen.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jb518
Has anyone ever seen a yellow Fit at a Honda dealership (ie - someone imported or painted their Fit and then traded it in?)? I figure this must be rare, but it might happen.
The problem is that Honda has to make Fits a lot differently for the US market than they do for their own. They make the cars in their preset 7 or 8 colors and boat them over here where they get allocated to dealerships, and then sold to the public. I think the most you can do with custom ordering is for dealer-installed options, and that is 2 or 3 weeks down the line after the car gets painted. It's not like you are ordering the car from Honda Japan and flying out to pick it up like a BMW or Volvo, and even then I don't think you can order Euro colors for them. Never hurts to call your dealership, though!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
This is a funny thread. I was thinking Sherwin Williams and a roller.

Seriously, repainting is the way to go. Now you have the difficult job of finding a shop that will do it right. I'd look for a shop that's done hot rod or custom work before. That would be the best place to go. Any experienced sprayer could do the job, but you have to be concerned about enthusiasm for the job. If the people who do the job are also into cars, you might get better results. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Cheapest way to get a yellow Fit?