General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New owner Chinese-built FIT

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:05 PM
New owner Chinese-built FIT

Honda does it ... AGAIN!!!

Old 08-12-2005, 02:50 AM
ni hao,

i bet the Fit you got was made in GuangZhou Honda? which model did you get 1.3 or 1.5, MT or CVT? Please post some pics of your ride. i'm thinking of getting one soon, but waiting for Honda to update the rear brakes of the 1.5 to disc before i do.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Got the 1.5 with a few extras- Very good car so far... Is Honda going to put discs on the rear? They will be exporting to the US next year so I would imagine that version will have 4 disc brakes and cruise control plus ?? - who knows- honda can sell anything they want to in the states

Old 08-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Is Honda going to put discs on the rear?
Dunno, but you could always just swap in a rear disc setup from an Euro jazz.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FITness 4 All
They will be exporting to the US next year so I would imagine that version will have 4 disc brakes and cruise control plus ?? - who knows- honda can sell anything they want to in the states
Except for one thing though: Honda CEO Takeo Fukui has publicly said when the Fit/Jazz arrives in the USA it will be directly imported from Japan initially some time in Spring 2006. Given the rumors that the second-generation Fit will be unveiled around May 2006 that means the US market will likely get the second-generation machine, which will be 20 mm longer than the current car and have a near-Civic width of 1695 mm. I've heard the second-generation machine could accommodate the new R-series engine block used on the 8th-generation Civic, so a more sporty version of the Fit/Jazz using the 1.8-liter 140 ps SOHC i-VTEC engine might not be such a far-fetched idea.

Last edited by MtViewGuy188; 08-12-2005 at 10:42 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 08-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Indonesian & Thailand 1.5L Vtec Jazz is equipped with 4 disc brakes.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
Except for one thing though: Honda CEO Takeo Fukui has publicly said when the Fit/Jazz arrives in the USA it will be directly imported from Japan initially some time in Spring 2006. Given the rumors that the second-generation Fit will be unveiled around May 2006 that means the US market will likely get the second-generation machine, which will be 20 mm longer than the current car and have a near-Civic width of 1695 mm. I've heard the second-generation machine could accommodate the new R-series engine block used on the 8th-generation Civic, so a more sporty version of the Fit/Jazz using the 1.8-liter 140 ps SOHC i-VTEC engine might not be such a far-fetched idea.
sorry to rain in your (parade) dreams , i don't think there's a 2nd. Gen Honda Fit/Jazz coming out that soon.

Last edited by JDM Parakito; 08-15-2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by DeJaVu
Indonesian & Thailand 1.5L Vtec Jazz is equipped with 4 disc brakes.
i know, but in exchange for the lousy brakes it comes with a standard powered Sun Roof.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
i am from china, i just bought a fit.

the car drives ok, just feel that the suspensions and brakes are so soft.

fit from guangzhou honda have brake pump problem causes soft braking issue.

looking forward to have a set of suspension changed, and a brake upgrade.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by lixid
i am from china, i just bought a fit.

the car drives ok, just feel that the suspensions and brakes are so soft.

fit from guangzhou honda have brake pump problem causes soft braking issue.

looking forward to have a set of suspension changed, and a brake upgrade.
Lixid, ni zai zhongguo de nali? what kind of brake problem? you mean there is a TSB about this? actually i drive my friends one for about 30km. and i feel the suspension is a little bit on the stiff side. i sure do wish to have more initial grab on the brakes though, could be cured by a four wheel disc setup. you have idea when they will offer it?

Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by JDM Parakito
Lixid, ni zai zhongguo de nali? what kind of brake problem? you mean there is a TSB about this? actually i drive my friends one for about 30km. and i feel the suspension is a little bit on the stiff side. i sure do wish to have more initial grab on the brakes though, could be cured by a four wheel disc setup. you have idea when they will offer it?
hello parakito

i am in shenzhen, what is a tsb? i just know end of last year they took around 7000 fit back to the guangzhou honda factory, to change the brake pump.....
some of the fit owner changed the bigger calliper, the results are no good because the pump can't give enough pressure to the brake..... not very sure about it exactly, since i am no pro.

and i don't think they will offer 4 wheel disc setup, since so far there are no 4 disc setup on any of this kind of small cars. becasue of the costs....

Last edited by lixid; 08-25-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by lixid
hello parakito

i am in shenzhen, what is a tsb? i just know end of last year they took around 7000 fit back to the guangzhou honda factory, to change the brake pump.....
some of the fit owner changed the bigger calliper, the results are no good because the pump can't give enough pressure to the brake..... not very sure about it exactly, since i am no pro.

and i don't think they will offer 4 wheel disc setup, since so far there are no 4 disc setup on any of this kind of small cars. becasue of the costs....
its a Technical Service Bulletin, sort of information fm. car manufacturers about recall information of their cars. wow 7000fits, so now at least they'r responsible enough to replace it, was your car affected by it?

well i'm waiting for the new Civic or a 4wheel disc Fit, ha ha ha.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by JDM Parakito
its a Technical Service Bulletin, sort of information fm. car manufacturers about recall information of their cars. wow 7000fits, so now at least they'r responsible enough to replace it, was your car affected by it?

well i'm waiting for the new Civic or a 4wheel disc Fit, ha ha ha.

the recall was last year, i just bought the car couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Question

ni hao!

So when is the 2nd. Gen Honda Fit/Jazz actually coming out or doesn't anyone kno for sure? Is it just going to get bigger an turn into more civic like proportions?! Coz tho whole thing i like abt the Fit/Jazz is that its small!

Lori Xx

Old 09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm planning to get one this month but if the 2nd gen is already coming out this may might as well wait for it. Any truth to this?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Someone that Posts too much
The facelifted Jazz was released in Australia about August 2004. It was described as the mid life makeover so won't be a whole new model coming that soon. Based on timeline to date late 2007 (2008 model) at the earliest.

The platform is being used for the new Civic.

The L-series engines will be here for a long time if the life of the B-series are anything to go by.

Why would you make major changes to a vehicle that made you the #2 car manufacturer in Japan, is the best selling Honda of all times and outsells the previous top selling Toyota Corolla in Japan.

Honda would be crazy to do a Imprezza style 'UGLY' make over or a BMW mangle bangle. By all means make minor enhancements but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Couldn't agree more vivid!!! There is nothing wrong with the honda jazz so only things performance wise that dont affect the overall look or shape of the car should be done! Before i saw the Jazz i never thought i could love a hatchback so much! lol! It should not be made bigger either or it will jus be transformed into a better looking civic!