General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sleeping in the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Sleeping in the Fit

A lot of my friends and myself were thinking about going camping memorial day weekend. Instead of putting up a tent i was thinking of just letting the two back seats and sleeping in my car. Has anyone ever done this? I don't expect it to extremely comfortable, but at least it's not the cold ground. Share you experiences.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Retired Moderator
I have never done it but ive thought about if it was possible a few times. If you try it let me know how it goes!

Tyler

Old 04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
i told my boyfriend the ONLY way i would go camping with him is if i could sleep in my fit, haha.

needless to say, we are not going camping.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I've done it. Slide the front seat as far forward as possible and bring an extra pillow to build up the low spot where the rear seat headrest tucks under. I used a thermarest pad and I was comfortable. Great tent!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BrianT
A lot of my friends and myself were thinking about going camping memorial day weekend. Instead of putting up a tent i was thinking of just letting the two back seats and sleeping in my car. Has anyone ever done this? I don't expect it to extremely comfortable, but at least it's not the cold ground. Share you experiences.
Yeh I've tried it. the back fit me and my ex gf pretty comfortably... like... we didn't have one side each, we were both basically laying diagonally. hahahaha

and i take naps at school... it's nice. lol beats the library

Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
o so basically, if there are girls and you don't wanna spoon with a buddy, only one can fit back there. maybe one recline the seat and sleep, but yeh. hahaha

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
The way I've slept in the Fit was just simply tilting the front seat to an almost flat position and just took a quick nap. A more comfortable way to do it is by putting the seats in "refresh mode", by tilting the rear seats as far back as possible and sliding the fronts forward and lay the backs flush with the rear seat's cushion.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Try and stuff everyone in. Just for fun. Then take a picture and post it in "what fits in a fit?"

I plan on camping as well. Some time in the future.

pip_rocks: -1 on the boyfriend, he should be happy that you are willing to go camping and take advtange. Uh, of the sitution. Uh, the going camping thing. Uh, uh, I mean, yeah...

Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I actually bummed out in my car the other day. I just pushed the passenger seat foward a bit then laid diagnally. I could just almost stretch out, but of course I'm 6'5".

Old 05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Its possible, just bring extra pillows like people are saying. Because of the bolsters and general shape of the seats, you will need the pillows to even stuff out.

I also nap in my Fit during lunch everyday if its not too warm, but for those I just recline the drivers seat.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
IVE DONE IT BEFORE..ALSO OTHER STUFF BACK THERE LOL BUT YEAH ITS DEF POSSIBLE TO SLEEP BACK THERE YOU JUST NEED ONE COMFORTABLE PILLOW AND SOME DARK TINTS ..LOL

Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
ive laid on my tummy stretched out and a little to the side haha.

during the san diego fires, we got kicked out of the hotel we were staying at.

so i was left in my car. it was comfy

Old 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
i told my boyfriend the ONLY way i would go camping with him is if i could sleep in my fit, haha.

needless to say, we are not going camping.

What kinda boyfriend doesn't want to try out dirty...I mean, "refresh" mode"?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Home sweet Home

Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
bucket seats ftw

Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
Try and stuff everyone in. Just for fun. Then take a picture and post it in "what fits in a fit?"

I plan on camping as well. Some time in the future.

pip_rocks: -1 on the boyfriend, he should be happy that you are willing to go camping and take advtange. Uh, of the sitution. Uh, the going camping thing. Uh, uh, I mean, yeah...
lol, i really am trying to avoid going camping at any cost but i'm trying to compromise, haha.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
What kinda boyfriend doesn't want to try out dirty...I mean, "refresh" mode"?
he gets so sick of me talking about my fit that he doesn't even want to be a passenger in it anymore, haha.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 PM
RDS
he gets so sick of me talking about my fit that he doesn't even want to be a passenger in it anymore, haha.
If I had a girl and she had a Fit, I could never get sick of riding in her Fit. I'd be a horny lil' perv, always trying to get my lady to "refresh" me in "refresh" mode. haha

Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by RDS
If I had a girl and she had a Fit, I could never get sick of riding in her Fit. I'd be a horny lil' perv, always trying to get my lady to "refresh" me in "refresh" mode. haha

I love the "REFRESH MODE" . many fond memories with my fit and ive only had it less then a year.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
lol, i really am trying to avoid going camping at any cost but i'm trying to compromise, haha.
pip_rocks, give in, go camping!

I like being outside but stayed away from camping until last summer! We spent $100 on a tent, inflatable mattress, sleeping bags, some lights, .......
It was awesome! Planing on doing it again late summer after my wife gives birth to our first kid. Baby is coming too!

..... and use this opportunity to rub it in to your boyfriend about Fit's carrying capacity! We fit so much in it that unknown people brought chairs and sat around our camp site to watch us unload it and set up a camp site. On Sunday they came back to watch me pack it all up in the Fit! They were blown away!

Some pics from camping trips:
Picasa Web Albums - Ciburri - Camping 2007_...

Picasa Web Albums - Ciburri - 2007_08_26

Quick Reply: Sleeping in the Fit