General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My first Honda. My first bad car purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by damian-fonseca
First of all I don't go by a fit alias because it' not real... Being a fan by no means will ever elicit an imparcial and honest answer from everyone who has bashed this guy for stating the truth.

American Honda introduced the fit to us all. Why change the name? Jazz to Fit, what difference could it had made? None!!

They put a bigger engine in and leave it with the same small tank originally intended for the 1.3 the Jazz has. Real smart or they simply could care less. Why sell us a quality car the Jazz is when it's not as expensive as the rest of the cars on the Lot. Change it to the Fit, gut it out, change the back hatch to create the ilusion the car has a bigger bumper. Even eliminate the alarm the sport version comes with, install an after market system and let our fans buy a Karr alarm sys or whatever gimik alarm they stiffed you up with.

You wrote a long article which honda mongers won't understand therefore don't waste time with them. Write up a Thread entitled "Anyone interested in filing a class action suit for honda's misrepresentation of the Jazz". I did a in depth investigation about the alarm system and believe me it was gutted out. But I'm certainly not going to entertain the monkey see monkey do honda fans in here. You do that, and you'll see. It only takes 3 to file a class action. When they rule recall the masses will change lanes.

I thought about upgrading in 2010 if I saw a sun roof, but it's not going to happen. American Honda is going to sell us another gutted out version of the original Japanese version of the Fit. Yeap, being a fan is like a dark night with no light, "You will never see the light". So I'm done with American Honda!! There a bunch of high class theive's who've deceived the masses.
Do you even know what you're talking about? First off, the Jazz isn't the original vehicle. The Fit came first in Japan and was then offered to Europe, Australia and Africa as the Jazz.

We're also not the only country to recieve the 1.5l engine, it is also offered on the Japan models. NO car company changes the size of the gas tank between the same model just because of a different engine. They only do that on trucks. They would have to design a completely different tank and redesign the whole underbody of the car since the current tank fills in it's spot already. They didn't change the hatch, they put a bigger bumper on there because the US made them. And the sport trim does come with an alarm, I've set mine off many times.

I can't believe you're trying to rally up a class action lawsuit on Honda. Especially for "misrepresenting" a car. How did they misrepresent it? How has the "thievish" American Honda decieved the masses?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
um well i don't really know how late i'm getting to this. Must be pretty late since its page 6. Honestly i agree with most of his gripes. However when i was looking for a new car i couldn't find one i liked more than that fit. I'm not a person that buys new cars. I would always pay cash for my vehicles and i'd never purchased someting newer than a '97 model. So to say the least its been an experience with the fit.
HOWEVER all of the gripes that you and i share i plan to remedy assuming i don't get bored and sale the car. I plan to put a K20 in the car. That will give me more than adequate power. And assuming i drive sanely i can still get just as good as if not better gas mileage than i'm getting now. And i plan to upgrade suspension and brakes. Discs all the way around with either spoon or project mu calipers. Anyway just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I agree with the civic thing tho. Same gas mileage. HOWEVER i wanted an SI and it got worse gas mileage so yeah.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Are you serious

I own a service station, I have driven almost every vehicle out there and the Honda Fit is by far the BEST vehicle on the road for the money and diversity . If it wasnt for my kid I would not own this . A few years ago I would not have dreamed of buying a foreign car but that has changed. I have owned chevy products, fords,dodges,benz,jags, and so on. I own several Harley Davidson motorcycles so for me the Fit was a big step. So stop crying...sell the car...and be happy. Let me know and I will take it off your hands Im looking to build a nasty fit and dont wanna start with mine anyway.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi Nitrous13, there is much improvement in the 2009 fit and there will be more. If it's the first Japanese car you've purchased it wont be the last. The thing that most bothered me about the fit was that I found it expensive for what you get (accessories are expensive) and the drop that spilled the water of the glass was the alarm. The interior of the fit cost me a pretty buck, I did everything to it. Now, Imagine spending money and finding out any theif can make good by breaking your glass and taking all you spent with an alarm that wont even sound due to the fact it's not the original and lacks a sound sensor. My misfortune is someone else's fortune now. I got rid of the fit in August and bought 2 Mazda's, one for the wife and for me. So now I'm truly happy with my M3 sedan si and my wife and the kids with the M5 sport edition. Gasoline prices are down now so it's not an issue anymore. There is one thing I give the fit vs my M3 sedan, it felt tighter on curbs. I have a friend who bought a 2009 fit and he says it's suspension is rigid. Where I live at driving means running into speed bumps, uneven bumpy roads due to them constantly being patched up, pot holes due to rain. It's like driving in NYC with more obstacles towards your suspension bouncing around in a manual transmission fit with a rigid suspension, it get's on your last nerve. New Jersy has to have much, much better roads conditions then the tropics do and if your ride is a high way your getting excellent MPG's. The fit works for u and my complaints are out of place in your conditions. We would never agree due to these differences. So as far as your advice; (So stop crying...sell the car...and be happy) I could'nt be happier with the result.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Smile Hard Riding Fit

I would have to agree with you as far as ride quality. We took the Fit to a family members house in Clinton NJ and the roads are not as nice as they are here around my home town of Columbus and the ride was TERRIBLE. I cant imagine driving in NY or Philly all the time. I often wonder how people stand it when they put 44psi in the tires......ugh. Take care and goog luck with the new vehicle.
Hi Nitrous13, there is much improvement in the 2009 fit and there will be more. If it's the first Japanese car you've purchased it wont be the last. The thing that most bothered me about the fit was that I found it expensive for what you get (accessories are expensive) and the drop that spilled the water of the glass was the alarm. The interior of the fit cost me a pretty buck, I did everything to it. Now, Imagine spending money and finding out any theif can make good by breaking your glass and taking all you spent with an alarm that wont even sound due to the fact it's not the original and lacks a sound sensor. My misfortune is someone else's fortune now. I got rid of the fit in August and bought 2 Mazda's, one for the wife and for me. So now I'm truly happy with my M3 sedan si and my wife and the kids with the M5 sport edition. Gasoline prices are down now so it's not an issue anymore. There is one thing I give the fit vs my M3 sedan, it felt tighter on curbs. I have a friend who bought a 2009 fit and he says it's suspension is rigid. Where I live at driving means running into speed bumps, uneven bumpy roads due to them constantly being patched up, pot holes due to rain. It's like driving in NYC with more obstacles towards your suspension bouncing around in a manual transmission fit with a rigid suspension, it get's on your last nerve. New Jersy has to have much, much better roads conditions then the tropics do and if your ride is a high way your getting excellent MPG's. The fit works for u and my complaints are out of place in your conditions. We would never agree due to these differences. So as far as your advice; (So stop crying...sell the car...and be happy) I could'nt be happier with the result.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Good thing you find the car you liked (finally). I was about to buy a M3 myself but it was the MPG and having a ford engine powering that car turned me away.

Gas prices may be down for now.... but it will go back up again, its just the way it is. Hopefully you dun complaint about your M3 si MPG and how the M5 is giving u insane gas bills =\

Good luck~

Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
It amazes me how for some people, the grass is always greener on the other side. Why would you buy a car with a little over a hundred horsepower and then complain about the acceleration? Also, complaining about a car that is under 20k in price in this day in age for what you get is rediculous. If you want something with more power, better handling, more room, etc., you should expect to spent more than that. This isn't the 1980's anymore where you could pay 15k for a well equipt sports car.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I know this is old, but how in the heck would you forget to turn your headlights on when it is dark? And you blame this on the dash lights? Really? Sounds like a stretch to me...

Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member

why anyone who can afford two newer mazdas bought a fit in the first place is beyond me.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Why does this thread exist the guy is clearly from the loooney BIN!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
The old civic D series had lots of techno wizardry for the time. They had intake valve shut off to create a lean run condition and increase fuel mileage, which was called Vtec-E. Great stuff and contributed to the easy 40mpg numbers those cars reached, but it was only a select few hatchbacks that could pull those numbers. Im not sure where that technology went but maybe the guy who invented it took it to his grave.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 AM
gas mileage

Very disappointed with gas mileage. 30 mpg is the best,22 the worst. I wont buy another. I like Hondas,wife has a Civic,been a pretty good car. If i dont get good gas mileage,whats the point in driving this little matchbox?

Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Something must be wrong with the car if you are getting mileage in the low 20's the worst i've seen is 32mpg in the city this winter when it was -25 celius. Hmm

Originally Posted by pj1150r
Very disappointed with gas mileage. 30 mpg is the best,22 the worst. I wont buy another. I like Hondas,wife has a Civic,been a pretty good car. If i dont get good gas mileage,whats the point in driving this little matchbox?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
im not gonna lie, i was a lil intrigued by the mazda3speed, and was close to trading in my fit, b.c. of the lack of acceleration, but i learned to live with it, and be able to drive slow...for me, getting insane gas mileage, and paying for regular unleaded fuel is more of a luxury than going a couple seconds faster for 0-60...im living life in the slow lane...i try to not rev past 2500 rpm on the streets, and go only up to 3000 rpms on the freeway, and i get 32 mpg easy...for mixed traffic i think that's pretty decent

Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
We use to own a Modded 06 WRX it was fast---but the gas was stupid. Sure we miss the AWD, speed and we are tempted from now and then we talk about picking another one up.

The FIT is a very fun/practical/good mpg but slow car to drive.

Amazed at all the room which is deceiving from the exterior of the car.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Man, this thread is still alive? DDIE DIE DIE DIE

Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
stall engine could be new recall spring

My engine stalled on the freeway, completely lost power and coasted to the side, a couple days before that it stalled while driving around neighborhood, mechanics rebooted computer , no problem until about 6 months ago idling rough and now stalling in the morning when engine called , pulled in reverse and than stalling. Mechanic couldn't catch the problem when I took it in. European recall and north American recall with engine spring could be the problem

Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 PM
My Fit isn't so bad in the snow....

....but i've put 180lbs of salt in the trunk and i'm riding on Hakkapeliitta 5 Studded tires!! Seriously, it really helps, the fit is nose heavy as everything is located in the front\middle front of the car. Is you think it's bad in the snow, put some lest in the back, it's gonna help a lot at the expense of some fuel economy (approx 0.5l \ 100km according to my scan gauge) and acceleration... But i don't care as i'm always in traffic jams!!

Marko!!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Well I had absolutely no problems with my GF210 this winter and without lest, i must say that i'm actually very happy to have a lower car, as it's much more stable! And i've been driving a lot in the few snow storms we had!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
eheheeh i scared myself in that turn where ''L'autoroute de la Capitale'' merge into Henri 4!! Lucky me it was late and nobody was there!!!

Marko!!

Quick Reply: My first Honda. My first bad car purchase