General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Floor Mat advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Floor Mat advice

I'm picking up my FIT tonight (base, AT, silver) and I wanted some information on floor mats. I live in Ohio and have to deal with snow and rain for half the year, so all-weather rubber mats are a must. In my old car (1999 corolla) I had some rubbermaid mats that I bought in Target for $25 that worked fine. Would that sort of thing work in the FIT?
I don't want to spend $90 on a few slices of rubber unless I have to

Any advice from the fit freaks?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
yeah-Target or even Walmart has some nice ones for about that price. I almost bought some at Walmart myself but decided to order some custom ones instead. We don't get much snow here in the south so I splurged and went custom.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
the all weather mats are GREAT! you can usually find someone selling them for MUCH less than dealer/online prices. btw, dont buy your accessories at the dealer. what a ripoff

Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member

I have been totally pleased with my new all-weather Fit floor mats. I liked them even more after I assembled the clips that come with them so that the mats stay in place. I, too, bought the mats online, not through the Honda dealership, and saved about $40.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
yeah. i didnt know and spend nearly $200 on the mats at the stealership. never again. never again

Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by solbrothers
yeah. i didnt know and spend nearly $200 on the mats at the stealership. never again. never again
Same here. Not smart. But i do love them, and see them as worth that money.

Tyler

Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
yeah tyler. i wouldn't trade teh all weather floor mats for anything.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
I thought that I thought things through pretty well, but I paid $127 for mine. Way 2 much $$$ for rubber, but it's nice to have the official Honda sanctioned originals. If you're economy minded, then Rubbermaids are a better option. If asked to do over again, I'd prob'ly go to that route.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
i bought some clear ones from wal-mart and they have worked just fine. so the ones from target will be fine as well.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM
i got the defender package (mats, and cargo tray) and the bumper applique for the top of the rear bumper. i have kids and a doberman so i went for all the protection i could.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I got the carpeted mats and they are just fine in winter. I like the retaining system that keeps them in place. I wouldn't get the cheapo kind that slide all over the place.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yes if you can find them on e-bay or anywhere the Fit all weather mats are the best. They stay in place with these little hooks up front and they are very easy to wash and keep clean. The channels hold in the rain and melting snow so it does not get onto the carpet. Definitely worth a little more than you would pay for a regular mat.

Cat

Old 07-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I love my Honda all-weather mats. Get the Honda ones, because without those clips, your floor mat will slide all over under the pedals!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm also getting my Fit tonight (Boyfriend is picking it up as I type)

I heard that you don't even get the carpet mats? However I am getting the all weather ones from Honda (not from the dealership) as it says FIT right on them. Boyfriend has them in his CR-V and it works awesome to keep the water, salt and sand out of the upolestry.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
i would say go to bernardi parts or college hills and get your accessorys there much much cheaper for the same exact stuff.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree with the all weather Fit floor mats. They are a must have, and had them added into my contract and installed the day I took delivery. They have come in real handy, and saved my floor a couple of times already

Just look around online though, because again as mentioned above, I should have waited and bought them online for a lot cheaper. The dealership has a huge markup on OEM parts.

Keep in mind though that if you get the OEM all weather mats for your Fit, you'll have to cut the carpet in the floor to get access to the threaded holes the clips screw into. The clip points aren't in the normal spots as found in most other cars, and some members here have said they are a tricky install.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
You could get a price for the Fit mats on line, then inform your dealer. That's what I did, and they sold me the mats for the same price as the on line outfit -- and I didn't have to pay shipping.

BTW, I am very satisfied with the Fit mats -- they fit perfectly and look sharp, and with the hook feature they don't slide around.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 7red7
Keep in mind though that if you get the OEM all weather mats for your Fit, you'll have to cut the carpet in the floor to get access to the threaded holes the clips screw into. The clip points aren't in the normal spots as found in most other cars, and some members here have said they are a tricky install.
Actually, the carpets in my base fit were already pre-cut most of the way through in the proper locations. I just had to pop out the cut-outs in the carpet, then cut through the padding to find the holes where the clips are mounted. The carpet holes and the frame holes are close but not exactly in the same location. The difficulty for me was in getting the clips through the carpet and padding, then into the frame holes. Since they weren't aligned, I had to wrestle a bit to get the clips secured in the frame holes. In the big scheme of car repairs, this one was minor compared to some of the others I've done.

I have a 2008 base fit. I can't tell you whether or not the carpets in older models were pre-cut.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Who has all weather mats in stock?

I'm looking for a set of all weather mats & every online Honda parts dealer I've checked has them on backorder. Does anyone know a dealer who has some?

Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by lrivers
I'm looking for a set of all weather mats & every online Honda parts dealer I've checked has them on backorder. Does anyone know a dealer who has some?
I can't find any in stock. So I ordered the regular mats and am on the backorder list for the all weathers when they come in. I spent a couple of hours searching for anyone that had them in stock yesterday.....

Quick Reply: Floor Mat advice