General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Alarm is a aftermarket.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Exclamation Fit Alarm is a aftermarket.

I bought the alarm at Honda Majestic, I took it to a professional installer and the keyless entry 7 pin connector was not accessible. The aftermarked Honda installed is using this connector. The reason it can't be found is because it's been rerouted somewhere else.

The installation guide says "except sport", but that only means the sport should had come with this alarm already installed.

The alarm is a plug and play, Once we took out the left hand panel on the drivers side we fould all connectors. The alarm is missing on the sport.

I need to know where you rerouted the connector. Where is it?

The alarm runs for much more at other sites, but it's $113.00 plus shipping for a total of $132.00 at www.hondamajestic.com [1]

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 07-28-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: wanted to be concise.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM
nice let us know what happens. My car got broken into and I need an alarm BAD!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Ok.... my sport has an alarm that works I know because I have set it off by accident a coupe of times.

Also, you link does not work.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Sugarphreak, this is serious business, believe me I'm not making this up.

Try this: Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store This will take you to honda majestic. Once there download the installation instructions, read page 4. On the bottom right you'll see the keyless entry 7 pin harness connetor. This particular connector has a dual fuction; it sends a signal and arms the alarm and also open and closes the door in the vehicle.

another site is Honda auto parts | wholesale Honda auto parts | cheap Honda auto parts | discount Honda auto parts | enter the information ( year, make, model ) and the part # 08E50-SLN-100. The alarm at this second site is $127.50 plus shipping.

It's an original part for the fit and it's a plug & play. It connected in seconds with no problems, but as I stated before the connector that is being used by the alarm installed by honda has been rerouted.

Check this email and the response;

RE: 08E50-SLN-100 FIT 2007-2008

Sent:
Tue 7/29/08 9:02 PM

To:
Damian Fonseca (damian-fonseca@hotmail.com)

We're not familiar with the modification either. It shows that it won't work, but with a little work around it. Like you said, you might get it to work. We just never done it before to know where to begin.

We can help you to obtain any required parts.

Thank you,

River, P. Manivong
Parts Advisor
Majestic Honda
1300 Eddie Dowling Highway
Lincoln, RI 02865
1-800-341-4113

fax 1-401-762-5547
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 08E50-SLN-100 FIT 2007-2008
Date: Mon, July 28, 2008 11:09 am
To: <hondaparts@majestichonda.com>
.ExternalClass #EC_wmMessage .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass #EC_wmMessage body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Hi,
I purchased this alarm from Majestic and the tech guy at the Honda Dealer says it's not installable. I know it is but there's nothing I can do unless I get my hands on a harness map which shows me where the keyless entry 7 pin connector was rerouted to.
Since the only place that does this is honda international and it's not going to happen what can I do? I have no intentions of returning it, I know it's a very good alarm and original part of the sport fit. A professional installer opened the cover under the driver's side and all plugs connected perfectly in seconds. The only one thing not found is the rerouted keyless entry 7 pin connector.
Can you please help out.
sincerely,
Damian Fonseca
Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 07-30-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Mistakes made, corrected them
Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 AM
how do I find out if my car is actually armed, without breaking a window myself lol. Should there be a button on the key? Maybe I already have an alarm and don't know about it.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:10 AM
You alarm is the same as mine.

I didn't notice you had a sport fit I thought it was the basic, ok.. good.

Here's what you do. Lower your window on the drivers side and close the door and lock it using the electrical lock swith on the door. A red light should come on in your middle gauge. wait 20 seconds, and then with your fingers pull the manual lock open. The alarm should go off. Another thing that should happen is that your car should lock itself when you don't do it. Shut the door within 20 sec's and wait a while, the door should automatically lock and the alarm should arm itself. If this is not happening your alarm is missing.

I know you have to muster and will not read this 'till later on. But if you want to write me to my email let me know. I'll send you pictures of my fit and also pictures of the alarm and send you the pdf file in reference to the original alarm the fit sport should come with.

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 07-30-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Will be busy, wont answer questions 'till tommorrow.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
how did you know I had to muster LOL that's really effin weird man...I'll try out the alarm technique when I leave here, thanks

Old 08-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by damian-fonseca
The installation guide says "except sport", but that only means the sport should had come with this alarm already installed.
All Sports have OEM alarms/anti-theft systems.
Thats why the Base and Sport keys are different. The Sport has a keyfob key.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
how do I find out if my car is actually armed, without breaking a window myself lol. Should there be a button on the key? Maybe I already have an alarm and don't know about it.
Breaking a window will not sound the alarm. The OEM alarm system does not have shock sensors; so it wont sound unless the doors, hood, or rear hatch is opened.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:11 AM
What is the part number of the Alarm?

Super Moderator Ray, there's an important question to this matter.

You stated:

All Sports have OEM alarms/anti-theft systems.
Thats why the Base and Sport keys are different. The Sport has a keyfob key.

What is the part number of the alarm honda installed on the sport unit honda sells?

I asked the Honda dealer tech this question and he had no answer.

There are only 2 alarm part numbers at the sites below. These are OEM original alarms for the fit. Magestic includes the installation instructions with pictures for both alarms. It is here where the question comes up. The sport has all the connectors open, uncover the left side panel under the drivers side. The connectors wouldn't be there if this alarm didn't go there.

Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

Honda auto parts | wholesale Honda auto parts | cheap Honda auto parts | discount Honda auto parts |

The 2 alarms are plug and play, and the many connectors give an indication the features cover more functions.

Sugarphreak stated:

Ok.... my sport has an alarm that works I know because I have set it off by accident a coupe of times.

Super moderator Ray answers this question in his quote, where he states the following;

The OEM alarm system does not have shock sensors; so it wont sound unless the doors, hood, or rear hatch is opened.

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 08-03-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Needed to cut paste comments from others.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by damian-fonseca
Shut the door within 20 sec's and wait a while, the door should automatically lock and the alarm should arm itself. If this is not happening your alarm is missing
Mine have never locked and I have an alarm (factory installed)

07 Sport

Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Honda fit alarm is a aftermarket.

Gimme, if you visit your honda dealer ask for the technician. He will show you how the fit locks itself and arms itself. I know this because at the Honda Dealer this was the person who showed me this.

Still, when I ask him for the honda factory installed part number he refused to give me an answer. There is a very good reason why, it's not a geniune honda alarm. The night before I visited the honda dealer I stopped by and spoke with the acting General Manager. Bella international closes at 09:00 pm. The Lady's answer was that it's an aftermarket alarm.

They know it, if you look around you'll find the story here in this fit freak site of a fella who's car was stolen. The cops found it on blocks, he includes pictures of the flat bed which took his blue sport fit away. Super Moderator I am Ray wrote to this guy and he knows what happen.

Well good luck to you all, use the club and be safe.

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 08-05-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
thanks for that tid bit. hopefully, i can get the part number...i have some friends there

i did say hopefully, right?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Honda fit alarm is a aftermarket.

Well it a farewell to everbody.

I resolved the problem with honda..... I made a bad purchase when I bought the silver metallic fit sport 3 1/2 months ago so I went to the Mazda dealer and and traded it in for pearly white Mazda 5 SE and I am jumping of Joy. Enough said...

It's up to you guys to push the issue about the alarm, I resolved my problem.

Good bye and good luck to you all .

Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Even if it was aftermarket it seems to function properly.

Um... a Mazda over a Honda? Well I won't say anything except be prepared for headaches!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
im gunna go trade my car in over an alarm issue? derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
nitpick

Weirdos can nitpick little details of the fit all they want. It does indeed have flaws! When you consider all the factors and weigh them each IN PERSPECTIVE then the fit is the best car "bang per $" out there!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by feddup
Weirdos can nitpick little details of the fit all they want. It does indeed have flaws! When you consider all the factors and weigh them each IN PERSPECTIVE then the fit is the best car "bang per $" out there!
honestly, you paid MAX 18000 OTD for it? what do yo want? a back up camera and headlights that turn with the wheel? go eat one dude. lol
for some reason, I want to make a comparison here...
YouTube - Dimitri the stud

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by crosshockey12
honestly, you paid MAX 18000 OTD for it? what do yo want? a back up camera and headlights that turn with the wheel? go eat one dude. lol
for some reason, I want to make a comparison here...
YouTube - Dimitri the stud
I paid 16,105 and KBB said it's worth 17,600 almost ayear later. I couldn't be happier unless Honda had given it to me. I admit the Fit has some flaws. I didn't like this damian guy but the security system is one of the things I would fault the fit for. I don't think the fit sport's security system makes it that "secure"!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by feddup
I paid 16,105 and KBB said it's worth 17,600 almost ayear later. I couldn't be happier unless Honda had given it to me. I admit the Fit has some flaws. I didn't like this damian guy but the security system is one of the things I would fault the fit for. I don't think the fit sport's security system makes it that "secure"!
me neither! and my security system works fine, because it already stole my keys once!!! being i left them on the seat, came back and the door was locked. or maybe that was my GF playing a sick joke with the back up clicker? either way, I have gap and full coverage. I dont like him either, we should send him to a maserati or BMW board...

Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
The alarm was the last thing of many I found.

You guys don't know the whole story or the reasons I got rid of the fit. I bought accessories for it which cost a lot of money, these accessories are cheaply made. Honda is suppose to be quality, it failed the test. Mpg tales, bad suspension, puny engine, etc... There are a plethora of reasons to trash it, the 2009 is the answer to the cheaply made 2007-2008 fit. Even then the 2009 cheap arm rest for the driver is a mockery of its buyers.

I bought a Mazda 5 and my wife and kids loved it. I gave it to her and went and picked up a Mazda 3 exp 2.0 liter with 148 hp and great mpg results. The Honda fit sport MT cost me 18,500, the Mazda 3 AT Exp cost me 17,000 and I have nothing but power, economy and satifaction that I own a vehicle ranked # 1 in it's class for 3 years in row. And it's no tale it's a fantastic vehicle which the civic can't beat.

Honda is not better than it was 4 to 5 years ago, there quality has gone down. Mazda makes cars better and at more reasonable prices than honda. I do recommend the 2nd generation 2009 honda fit, it's truly well put together and 100 percent better than it's predecesor. But Honda needs to get rid of the cheap arm rest and install a nice center stow away compartment which serves as a very nice arm rest for both driver and passenger like the one the Mazda 3 has and it would be perfect. Buyers could then rest there arm and stow away things including hooking up and hiding there ipod in a more logical place. The magic seat can also include an integrated arm rest with cup holders like my Mazda 3 and it folds down for more cargo space Of course It's not a magic seat like the one the fit has which is fantastic but honda can use the same feature too. The fit needs a sunroof like the one in Japan.

The alarm was changed on the 2009 and the fit uses the same alarm as the honda accord. Big diferrence great improvement. We'll see next year, I like the new fit but I want the extras.

Last edited by damian-fonseca; 09-28-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo's

Quick Reply: Fit Alarm is a aftermarket.