Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   My letter to Weapon R (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/28739-my-letter-weapon-r.html)

ChrisG 08-01-2008 02:39 AM

Why are people so quick to judge someone? I mean seriously its a header with bad fitment whether it was used or not. Its not like the wheel or something where it could potentially bend from riding on it. The point Im trying to make here is that, its a FREAKING HEADER, new or used, installing it on the car is not going to damage it or affect the structural integrity of it.

Sam, Im behind you 100%. I hope everything works out for you.

ToFit2Quit 08-01-2008 03:11 AM

By looking at the picture... Looks like you can fit a sponge or memory foam or something of the sort in between that 1 cm gap. LOL.. Dunno about the exhust leak though.

sam21 08-01-2008 03:38 AM

Arashi and Chris,

thanks a lot for the support!I will keep this updated as the package arrives.

ToFit2Quit,
yeah i believe a sponge/memory foam would burn nicely under the extremely hot header,lol

Cee_dub2003 08-04-2008 07:51 PM

See as you can all see these companies(our competitors) DO NOT warranty second owner parts.

Anything could have changed when the header changed hands. Im not saying it did. It could have. Thats why each company has their own policies.

From AEM site:
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of product and is non-transferable.
AEM - AEM Air Intake Systems
From injen site:
Injen Technology offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser against defects in material and workmanship on all intake systems excluding the filter element
http://www.injen.com/docs/inje...nding
From F5 website:
These warranties are made exclusively to the original customer presenting proof of purchase
Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems

Cee_dub2003 08-04-2008 07:59 PM

Also i want to explain that Sam never told me it was a second hand header untill we agreed to help him out! I asked for a reference number , and it popped up the original owner. But we still took care of him.

Also Sam by posting on honda-tech in the general discussion you are just inviting the people to post stuff not related to the subject at hand.....Weapon-R thanks you for that....Comon dude seriously you could have kept it here and had it handled. Also Weapon-R would like to know which other forums this has been posted on.

thanks
Chris W.
Weapon-R

ProMed 08-04-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cee_dub2003 (Post 385890)
See as you can all see these companies(our competitors) DO NOT warranty second owner parts.

Anything could have changed when the header changed hands. Im not saying it did. It could have. Thats why each company has their own policies.

From AEM site:
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of product and is non-transferable.
AEM - AEM Air Intake Systems
From injen site:
Injen Technology offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser against defects in material and workmanship on all intake systems excluding the filter element
http://www.injen.com/docs/inje...nding
From F5 website:
These warranties are made exclusively to the original customer presenting proof of purchase
Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems

I have never heard of any auto part items that has a transferable warranty. Are there any consumer products where the warranty passes to someone other than the original owner?

Very cool that you still helped him out though.

Fitcapo 08-04-2008 09:13 PM

Its still in the process of being shipped and stuff from what I understand.

Waiting on final word from Sam that he received everything okie dokie and the new one has good fitment etc....

sam21 08-04-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cee_dub2003 (Post 385896)
Also Sam by posting on honda-tech in the general discussion you are just inviting the people to post stuff not related to the subject at hand.....Weapon-R thanks you for that....Comon dude seriously you could have kept it here and had it handled. Also Weapon-R would like to know which other forums this has been posted on.

thanks
Chris W.
Weapon-R

I expected that from H-T's general section,probably less than 25% of the posters drives a Honda there.They get a lot of traffic and i just wanted to tell my story. Like I said coming into this i wasn't expecting anything, I didn't even expect anyone to answer the phone.If I knew how it was going to be handled I wouldn't have done what I did. The only forums I posted this is on here and Honda-tech.

sam21 08-04-2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fitcapo (Post 385998)
Its still in the process of being shipped and stuff from what I understand.

Waiting on final word from Sam that he received everything okie dokie and the new one has good fitment etc....

Yep,still waiting.

I'm crossing my fingers,hopefully it is a noticeable improvement.

Masterdebater 08-06-2008 01:04 AM

i agree it was a dick move to post this up on many different forums. u really could have dealt straight with WR and then posted up later about how they handled the situation but u didnt give them a chance to it seems. think about it, if u were in their shoes would u want a customer to do this to u? it ruins reputation and makes them not want to help anyone out or give us deals on parts. im not saying ur completely wrong bro especially as u said,paying 500 buux for a dam header is ridiculous and to have it not perform correctly on a BRAND new car i understand completely and am not flaming u. as all have said i hope it is resolved correctly and we can all go about our business as nothing happened. goodjob weapon r on the help and sam good luck with new header! let us know how it goes i want one lol

Cee_dub2003 08-06-2008 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by sam21 (Post 386026)
I expected that from H-T's general section,probably less than 25% of the posters drives a Honda there.They get a lot of traffic and i just wanted to tell my story. Like I said coming into this i wasn't expecting anything, I didn't even expect anyone to answer the phone.If I knew how it was going to be handled I wouldn't have done what I did. The only forums I posted this is on here and Honda-tech.

WOW! Thanks..... Why would nobody not answer the phone. Also you called and emailed me August 28, 2008. At about 12 noon. I told you i would get back to you within 24hrs. Well you started this thread that night not even giving us a chance to resolve this LIKE I SAID! It really is hard to take this. But we are helping you out. Header will be delivered today. Also 3 call tag attempts were made to pick up the other header.
This is really upsetting!

ProMed 08-06-2008 03:39 PM

From another perspective I can also see where this maybe should have been directed towards the actual person the header was bought used from. Did they tell you in advance of the problem? It seems a little odd to buy a used exhaust and then want the original manufacturer to fix a fitment issue.

Either way, glad to see you are getting it resolved.

sam21 08-06-2008 10:53 PM

UPDATE #4
Package from weapon R came today.I am unsure on what has been done but the two pieces have been welded together. Will be installing tomorrow, hopefully I can figure out a way to install this thing as a one piece.

Fa1 08-06-2008 11:04 PM

You'll probably have to drop the subframe.

kelsodeez 08-06-2008 11:04 PM

i dont think the point of this thread should be how weapon r handled the situation or if sam should have or shouldnt have posted this. the point of this thread should be to question the R&D of a product before weapon r releases it. as far as weapon R products go, i have only heard bad things about them. i know they want to rebuild their name to be a reputable company again but releasing parts that have problems is not the way to do it. if there are more than a few people that had issues with this product, that is a manufacturers problem and not the consumers. it was a nice thing of them to do what they did for sam, but they really need to address the problems they have with products themselves and not wait until a thread like this pops up and explodes in their faces.

sam21 08-07-2008 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Arisenfury (Post 388217)
..... ..... ........... ... =x

what?............

Fitcapo 08-07-2008 01:53 AM

..... so they sent you one that was welded together. That is what they first came out with but decided it was too hard to install so they changed it and came out with the two piece header now their back to the one piece?

Is this supposed to be a 1 piece or 2 piece header.

drzenitram 08-07-2008 02:00 AM

i bet the 1 piece just worked much better as far as gasses not escaping and fitment.

sam21 08-07-2008 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fitcapo (Post 388292)
..... so they sent you one that was welded together. That is what they first came out with but decided it was too hard to install so they changed it and came out with the two piece header now their back to the one piece?

Is this supposed to be a 1 piece or 2 piece header.

i bet the 1 piece just worked much better as far as gasses not escaping and fitment.
I'm pretty sure it now being a one piece,that exhaust leaks wont be a problem.The real obstacle is seeing if it will fit as a one piece, dropping the K member is not really an option for me.

The header they've sent me is a modified version of the current header, just welded together where the two slips in. I believe it is a bit shorter also to hopefully resolve the clearance issue.

I will keep you guys updated tommorow as i try to put it on.

ChrisG 08-11-2008 02:16 PM

What was the final outcome Sam?