General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My letter to Weapon R

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
My letter to Weapon R

As we all know the race header for our fit by Weapon R have some serious issues.I made it a mission to do something about it.

I spoke to Chris W. (Gen. Sales Manager) and he told me to email a detailed description of it.

The ball is in their court

Hi my name is Samuel xxxxxxx and I just spoke to Chris W. about some major problems with the weapon r race header for the Honda Fit.

The problems are

1.MAJOR exhaust leak coming from the slip over area.

This design is simply flawed and under researched,you cant expect two pieces of pipe to slide into each other without any type of insulation because exhaust gases WILL seep through.

2.Bottom of header hits the steering rack continuously causing visual damage to both the header and steering rack.No long term effects of this is yet to be found because no one has had the header installed for very long,but it will either cause the bottom of the header to have a flat spot and/or causing a permanent mark/gash on the steering rack. Apart from the damage that is being done,this is a HUGE AND OVERWHELMING annoyance.Normal takeoff while driving is no longer possible because from 1-3000 rpm for the first 3 gears,continous clanking and rubbing is all you can hear.

Once again this is a flawed design,the header does not have to be angled this low or at least for this particular section.Right after installing,while the car is off by the way, there is about a 1cm clearance between the header and the steering rack. At low rpms it is when the engine is moving back and forth the most and it is when it is hitting.

Other than to change the header's angle design completely,the only fix i can see for this is an engine damper because it will limit the engine's back and forth movement in the low rpms.Another fix in addition to the damper is a stiffer and shorter exhaust hanger.This is for the front most hanger on the catback right before it connects to the header.Since there is a lot of play in the stock hanger,this also contributes to the hitting.I have lifted the piping a bit and used two thick zip ties to hold it up and it is helping but does not get rid of it completely. I know lifting bringing the hanger from the catback isnt part of your product but since nothing else is holding your product up,it is a possible fix.Either a much shorter rubber hanger is needed or a shorter and solid polyurethane hanger.

The engine damper and shorter hangers arent definitive fixes but rather remedies that MAY OR MAY NOT work.Redesigning the header is the only guaranteed solution to make sure no one else will have this problem.

And on top of those two problems,I also had a personal problem that I believe is a bad product getting by quality control rather than a design flaw.

The holes on the flange of the header does not match with the stud/holes on the car. The top two holes are off by 1/16s of an inch and so I had to drill them 1/16's larger.The bottom three holes were also not a perfect line up but after drilling the top two the bottom ones managed to fit.

As a paying customer I demand a fix for these problems. For a $600(msrp/$500(forum price) product I expect the fitment to match the price.I dont want and exhaust leak coming from my header that I just spent 2 hours putting in.And I know about your policy on bad products.The customer pays to ship it back to you and you'll ship back a product that is hopefully better.This is unacceptable, the target audience for this product is the working class.Meaning that we install it ourselves on our day off,taking more time and money to take it off and ship it is an incoveniece for the customer that could've been avoided in the first place with a better designed product.

I will wait for your reply and as will several forums.Your response to this problem will speak alot for your company,the product you make and the stand you take on the quality of your product.

Samuel xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
reference number on the box reads 63157
UPDATE #1
Came home from work at about 9:30pm and no e-mail from weaponR. I WILL call them back tommorow.

UPDATE #2
WeaponR rep replied to thread. I have added a pic on where the rubbing/hitting is. Still no email/call back from weapon R.

UPDATE #3
Weapon R rep,Chris W., said he will be sending me a new header with more clearance.
"This is Chris W. from Weapon-R. I spoke to you today. We will be sending you a new header. Also EVERYONE be aware. he is the 2nd owner of this header. Also which was not stated or mentioned until i asked for the original proof of purchase for warranty JUST TODAY! Might have been used already based on the picture and the header being bronze color. Maybe it wasn't. Weapon-R is going to be doing this customer a huge favor and taking care of him. Even though we WILL NOT anymore warranty a second hand item. I am putting my Job on the line for this situation. This customer has posted on numerous forums and i hope he does use this and cut and paste to the other forums we do not know about. Weapon-R has been working hard to build our name back up to where it was 10 years ago. With situations like this on forums it makes it really hard. I wish the customer would have dealt with Weapon- directly first. We would have handled it."

.No tracking number or anything has been given to me. We will see in a couple of days if this is true.

UPDATE #4
Package from weapon R came today.I am unsure on what has been done but the two pieces have been welded together. Will be installing tomorrow, hopefully I can figure out a way to install this thing as a one piece.

Last edited by sam21; 08-06-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
crazy dude...
but yeah i understand.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i dont buy from them. never have. never will. i have heard too many horror stories about their products. it really makes me angry that the few manufacturers of parts we have in the bay area cut corners so much. guess some people are in it just for a quick buck and dont care about the car owners.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ken_vs_ryu
how much time have you given to them to resolve this?
This is an ongoing thing,i called them earlier today.

Keep in mind I didnt make this thread to talk down on em,but rather for everyone to see how WeaponR handle these matter.

If they handle it well,they will gain customers who will see what kind of support weaponR gives their product.

If they dont,....

Old 07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Good luck with it Sam, i thought about buying the race header but as my many years of being involved with imports WR has always been a company of making products like APC makes, you know in that same category.But again good luck with it man hopefully if enough people complain about this they will redesign the header for better fitment.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Tell them my header sucks too. Be my layer Sam.... I wont pay you though.
Tell them Im widely known on Fitfreak and have already cursed the WR RaceHeader name. I plan to curse it more.

*LAUGHS!*
Widely known.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Tell them my header sucks too. Be my layer Sam.... I wont pay you though.
Tell them Im widely known on Fitfreak

*LAUGHS!*
Widely known.
who are you?

hahaha im just kidding. yeah im curious to see what WR will do now.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I would expect you will get a resultion to your problem Sam, WeaponR has been pretty good so far at addressing any concerns and problem with thier products.

My own experience with them thus far has been handled proffesionally and with diligence. I am in the process of exhanging my pre-production manifold for a second revision one and they have been really good at keeping me informed of updates and ensuring that the matter is handled with my best interests in mind.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
I certainly hope so sugarphreak but i dont think they will do anything.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
I am here and I will work work with Chris W to solve your issue but you must understand that you have posted this so everyone will be right behind you in hating us more. I will still solve your problem even tho you have started this on several forums.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
i dont think people hate yall. you guys have been around the fitfreak.net forum for awhile. its just a flaw that yall had.

i mean, he only speaks the truth. What about the other people who noticed this problem but just said meh, nobody else has this problem so i wont bring it up.

but if it was just 1 person, then i can understand...but since this header has SEVERAL people that have the same related problem. there should be a warranty issue.

your products look great, i just hope they perform just as well as they look

Old 07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Staff@WR
I am here and I will work work with Chris W to solve your issue but you must understand that you have posted this so everyone will be right behind you in hating us more. I will still solve your problem even tho you have started this on several forums.
Nobody hates you or weapon R at this point,if you can resolve this problem people will like weapon r more because they really stand behind their products.

And i will update every thread on every forum on the advancement.

But that is up to you.

Last edited by sam21; 07-29-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
I also have the race header and was having problems w/it rubbing and exhaust leak where the two pieces meet together. Its not installed right now though since i have the Kraftwerks SC installed and I am waiting on the Hondata upgrade before I reinstall the header. But I was planning on doing some cutting/welding myself to fix the issues with the header before reinstalling it.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by sam21
Nobody hates you or weapon R at this point,if you can resolve this problem people will like weapon r more because they really stand behind their products.

And i will update every thread on every forum on the advancement.

But that is up to you.

This is Chris W. from Weapon-R. I spoke to you today. We will be sending you a new header. Also EVERYONE be aware. he is the 2nd owner of this header. Also which was not stated or mentioned until i asked for the original proof of purchase for warranty. Might have been used already based on the picture and the header being bronze color. Maybe it wasn't. Weapon-R is going to be doing this customer a huge favor and taking care of him. Even though we WILL NOT anymore warranty a second hand item. I am putting my Job on the line for this situation. This customer has posted on numerous forums and i hope he does use this and cut and paste to the other forums we do not know about. Weapon-R has been working hard to build our name back up to where it was 10 years ago. With situations like this on forums it makes it really hard. I wish the customer would have dealt with Weapon- directly first. We would have handled it.

Any product questions please feel free to contact the WRSTAFF user on here.

Last edited by Cee_dub2003; 07-30-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with what he has done because it lets everyone know to be a little weary or do some more research on what the issue is etc..... I know I deterred from buying from weapon r because I want to see if you guys are going to fix the issues that have now surfaced with the header and the issues with the intake manifold.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I will keep you guys updated in a few days when the package should arrive.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Now what about the other people that have fitment issues? Do they have to write letters too............

Thanks for keeping us updated sam hope to find out weather or not the new one has fitment issues still or not.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Now what about the other people that have fitment issues? Do they have to write letters too............

Thanks for keeping us updated sam hope to find out weather or not the new one has fitment issues still or not.
When we receive the SECOND HAND header back we will check it out and see where it may be hitting. if in fact it has been hitting there will be marks. We will then find out why!

Also like stated before this is a second hand header. F5, AEM, INJEN, And most aftermarket companies do not warranty a product with a second owner. It is stated on their sites.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Props to you guys Glad to see your giving him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he gets that in and you guys get that second hand one and figure out whats going on and everything gets cleared up.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cee_dub2003
When we receive the SECOND HAND header back we will check it out and see where it may be hitting. if in fact it has been hitting there will be marks. We will then find out why!

Also like stated before this is a second hand header. F5, AEM, INJEN, And most aftermarket companies do not warranty a product with a second owner. It is stated on their sites.

Cee_DUB

Its CamoTrav

Guys i know Chris personally through the xB scene and friends. He will do what he can/in his power to make sure customers are taken care of.

Quick Reply: My letter to Weapon R