General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Talk me into/out of buying this car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by zukered
Even those pics are enough to turn me off the '09 based on looks. Can't quite put my finger on it, but they did *something* that makes the exterior look like a Yaris, which I really don't like.
gave it a huge nose lol

Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
I won't reply to everyone, but I appreciate all the personal responses and experience of others! It is less likely that I will get that AT at this point...and certainly NOT a BBP...but I will take a VBP if I can't get the BBP. I am out of town at the moment but I'm going to call ALL the Honda dealers in town and out of town to find out what is left. As the days go by, my hopes dwindle...I wish I liked the '09 but I just don't. Why do they have to change a model in just 2 years??? And so drastically...The rear window is smaller, and the back is messed up, IMO. I don't like the stretched front end. It seems that every car I look at has got smaller windows and less visibility! What's with THAT?? The Matrix sucks for that reason to. I'm sort of toying with a Mazda 3 - at least I can see out of the windows!!!

I'm so sorry that I found the Fit too late...Usually I've got really good timing for stuff but not this time...wah...I want my car!

I dunno. The looks of the '09 are kinda growing on me. It just looks a little different than the current model, that's all. More "attitude", I guess. But I'm still waiting to see it in person before finalizing my own judgement on how it looks versus the current Fit. Besides, it sounds as if the interior is going to be quite a bit nicer than the current Fit anyway. I'm going to test drive one when they arrive.

It's a shame you don't live in the Bay Area, Juliane. The Honda dealer around the corner has several Fit's on the lot still. I would keep searching. Don't give up!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
I agree. It's the longer nose, and a problem for me is the smaller back window, with less visibility. The back is redesigned and looks "meaner" or more sports-car-like, which I do NOT want.
Yeah, on the '09 Fit it's very subtle... the headlight assembly in the pics have just a bit more angular, straighter lines... I think there's a whole lot of little changes which by themselves wouldn't have turned me off, but put them all together...

Now that you mention to "sports-car-like" look I think you're on to something. I don't like the front ends of the Civics after 2006, nor this year's Ford Focus, both of which are supposedly "sportier." You're spot on when you said they look meaner... maybe that's the consequence of the trend away from big bad SUVs, cars have to look "tough" to compensate

I guess I like my cars same as I do women--with some curves to them (nothing over the top though)

Old 08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITDragon
I dunno. The looks of the '09 are kinda growing on me. It just looks a little different than the current model, that's all. More "attitude", I guess. But I'm still waiting to see it in person before finalizing my own judgement on how it looks versus the current Fit. Besides, it sounds as if the interior is going to be quite a bit nicer than the current Fit anyway. I'm going to test drive one when they arrive.

It's a shame you don't live in the Bay Area, Juliane. The Honda dealer around the corner has several Fit's on the lot still. I would keep searching. Don't give up!
There are a couple of BBP Sports up in Dallas and McKinney...MSRP $16,740...I almost decided to take the Rav4 because of hubby wanting me to have a bigger, nicer ride...and I was really thinking the Fit is just too...whimsical...and then I looked at that mileage again...The Rav4 gets 19 mpg in the city and only 26 on the highway!!! Gasp!!! That's terrible mileage. We already have a 4 runner and that gets crummy mileage - I stopped charting it b/c it just makes me angry. I sure would like the mileage of the Fit.