General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

No Fit for me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
No Fit for me...

Actually my girlfriend. She had a 2001 Lexus IS300 that we just sold today in order to buy her a Fit. I've been trying to sale the lex for like 2 months on and off and this week we had a lot of interests all of a sudden so we weren't expecting it. We went the the Honda dealership about a month or so ago and they said we have to put a deposit down to get one, which is fine but we didn't want to until the lex was sold. So today she calls up the dealership and they say they have no more 08 Fits and won't get anymore...

No Fit for her. I wanted her to get a VBP Fit because I have a blue bike and evo thought it'd be neat to have them all matching, *** I know. So we are in a bit of a predicament. She doesn't want a used car she wants a new car with warranty and all the good stuff what shall we do? Look at other cars in the price, which all suck imo. Or wait for the 09 whenever that will be. Dealership said end of August but everyone knows dealerships are wrong 90% of the time.

Thanks for the time just kind of ***, I'm going to have to drive her around until she gets a car or she will be driving my car around while I use my bike. Which also blows because she doesn't know how to stay out of boost .

In loving memory: Name:  031.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  98.1 KB
25% tint all around slammed on H&r's L-sportline exhaust. Nice car shitty gas mileage expensive to maintain. Funny thing is the Lexus has been the most problematic car I've ever had, out of a few Honda's and the evo and some bikes. Feels good to finally soon be back in a Honda.

Last edited by aboh6leenz; 08-01-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
man that sucks.
sorry to hear that.

but i'm in for some pics of the evo

Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
Since you asked so nicely. Oh yeah my cousins suby likes to tag along from time to time.

Older:
Name:  DSCN0181.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  61.8 KB

Probably most recent which was in winter:
Name:  snowday018.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  99.2 KB

Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Looks like fun doing donuts!!

Sorry about your inability to score a Fit - I think I will join the club, since I just figured out that I want a BBP and I'm about 99% sure the supply of THOSE dried up long ago...I have given it to The Man Upstairs and if I am supposed to have one, it will happen.

I'm sure your GF will like the '09s - me, it's over with the '08s.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Did you call all the dealerships in your area? There's not a Fit anywhere close? That's crazy, of course with the $1500 mark up maybe it's a good thing. You could also check for used Fits with low miles, they'll still have a factory warranty; and if the owner got the extended warranty that's even better.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Used Fits around are usually the same as msrp and she is going to finance one so it'd be better if it was new. She only called 2 dealerships, Bremerton and Seattle. Both said they were out and the new Fit was coming end of August or early October which is still a whole month away. Bremerton won't let us put a deposit on one and won't tell us the about how much it will be. Honda of Seattle said 3-5% increase and a someone from Oregon that works at the dealer on the evo forum said he was told 5-7% increase.

Also im not so sure about the 09 styling but I can't say for sure until I see it in person. I looked into the 08-09 Jazz are those the same colors we get? Nice to see white is back. But they have a pink one and I know most definitely she want that color, which I do not want .

Oh yeah our local dealer Bremerton said they never mark up and always sale for msrp, which a month ago was true and the guy helping us was nice and even said he'd work with us on the price even though it was already msrp. But when she called back yesterday she was told he was fired.

Last edited by aboh6leenz; 08-01-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
sucky. Guess I got lucky. There was only 2 I think on the lot when I got mine and neither were vbp and that's about the only color I'd have taken...besides black. But the dealer/salesman I went through was able to get one he was able to pull from some dealership on the west coast... I think it was in cali but iono. If the dealer really wants to sell you a car they'll find one for you/her.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
I know she doesn't want used but I have a lot of say in the decision. What about an used tsx? Still have the luxury, honda reliability, and decent gas mileage.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
def. a used tsx, unless you like the Saturn Aura TSX which is the brand new one... nice IS300 and evo

Old 08-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
ahh i've always wanted an evo
thanks for the pictures

Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
Went out these last 2 days to look at fits and tsx's and the fits the were available were marked up 4g's lol. They would not sale it at msrp so I just walked and went to the Acura dealership and it was a totally different world there. No pressure, nice and friendly, also very helpful. But tsx's are a bit out of our price range but we shall see. The tsx is nice if no one has checked them out, we are looking for a 06 with navi. Also was neat that the salesmen were checking out my car.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by aboh6leenz
Went out these last 2 days to look at fits and tsx's and the fits the were available were marked up 4g's lol. They would not sale it at msrp so I just walked and went to the Acura dealership and it was a totally different world there. No pressure, nice and friendly, also very helpful. But tsx's are a bit out of our price range but we shall see. The tsx is nice if no one has checked them out, we are looking for a 06 with navi. Also was neat that the salesmen were checking out my car.
Try this, it worked for me. Takes a bit of patience, but well worth it!

Go to edmunds.com, get multiple internet quotes from several dealership(pretty sure theres more than 2 in your area), ask for "Out the Door" price(destination, tax, registration, plates, doc fees included) negotiate through e-mail, tell em you are serious about purchasing asap...internet salespeople usually dont give buyers any hassle because its an easy sale. Wait for e-mail offers, make some offers, agree w/ the sale, talk over the phone to confirm, drive to the dealership, sign some paperworks, drive home with a brand new fit. You might also have to wait if they had to order the car, usually 2-3 weeks from japan.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by swaknets
Try this, it worked for me. Takes a bit of patience, but well worth it!

Go to edmunds.com, get multiple internet quotes from several dealership(pretty sure theres more than 2 in your area), ask for "Out the Door" price(destination, tax, registration, plates, doc fees included) negotiate through e-mail, tell em you are serious about purchasing asap...internet salespeople usually dont give buyers any hassle because its an easy sale. Wait for e-mail offers, make some offers, agree w/ the sale, talk over the phone to confirm, drive to the dealership, sign some paperworks, drive home with a brand new fit. You might also have to wait if they had to order the car, usually 2-3 weeks from japan.
Thanks I'll have to give that a try. But I don't think they are making or getting anymore 08 Fits. We've actually called all dealerships within 100 miles or so with not so much luck. I will give it a try and maybe we'll have a new Fit soon or a tsx.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Nice evo i want more pics!!! What do u have done i just crashed my VIII about 2 weeks ago. That is why i drive a 08 FIT now.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
go to the dealership that had the car marked up, go talk to their internet sales department. those guys make money off volume sales, not mark up, go to them, and they should be able to get u a better deal.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aboh6leenz
Thanks I'll have to give that a try. But I don't think they are making or getting anymore 08 Fits. We've actually called all dealerships within 100 miles or so with not so much luck. I will give it a try and maybe we'll have a new Fit soon or a tsx.
No problem, pretty sure they could still get one for you as the 2009's are expected late september early october...Internet sales FTW! Give us an update...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that man, your lexus was nice, but they do get crap mileage.

the winter pic of the subie and evo is awesome.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Nice evo i want more pics!!! What do u have done i just crashed my VIII about 2 weeks ago. That is why i drive a 08 FIT now.
That sucks big time. Did you have the Fit before or you bought it to replace the evo? I got a couple of mods only: coilovers, aquamist meth kit, gm 3port, nisei licp, zietronix wb, drop in, cf bumper ducts and trunk, painted heads n tails, and some more stuff I can't remember.

Couple more pics as requested:
Name:  DSCN0193.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  36.8 KB
Name:  DSCN0205.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  45.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0190.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  56.1 KB

TSX or Fit which would you choose?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Nice man no i did not have the Fit when i had the evo. I bought the fit to replace the evo. Get some cams 272 and that thing will open up like a beast. I beat it does with the meth. And a TBE if u don't have one. Here are some of mine

I was puting the stock bumper back on but i crashed it before i could.
I had to many mods but i was puting down 330whp and 320 tq at 21psi on crap 91 oct. If i could have had 93 numbers would have been better. I was going to get another one but just wanted a better DD and i could not afford the EVO again becasue i know i would want to mod it. Maybe down the road when i get more money than i will get another EVO for the weekend queen and keep the FIT for a DD

Old 08-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Just buy one out of state.

Quick Reply: No Fit for me...