General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

im using the good gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Right-O

Originally Posted by kyle.
if you really feel something, then go for it.
it's not like the fit wastes gas like crazy or anything
so the price difference shouldn't be that bad
I gotta agree with Kyle. Although I have never put high octane gas in the Fit, I have had a couple of cars that didn't require premium but I could tell the difference when I didn't use it. If Memphis feels a difference, and he doesn't mind spending the extra bread, he might as well gopher it.

Lowest I've paid lately was $3.59 last weekend in LA (Lower Alabama).

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
And things have come to a pretty sad place when we are all jubilant about gas that costs less than 3.75 per gallon I owned a Jetta 1.8T and when it was gone I lost all interest in ever buying premium fuel again.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Red Iron Crown
You seem to be confused, so let me see if I can help.

About gasoline, octane rating measures one thing and one thing only: resistance to detonation (knock, or compression ignition). Higher octane fuel does not explode more powerfully, it contains the same amount of energy as regular gas. It is possible to have a high octane fuel that contains less energy than a lower octane fuel (diesel vs. gasoline is a good example of this).

About ignition timing, advance refers to the number of degrees before top-dead center that ignition occurs. More advance is required for lower octane fuels as obviously the closer to TDC the greater the compression and the greater the chance of detonation. Conversely, higher octanes can run with less advance, as they can come closer to TDC without detonating.

About ECUs and ignition timing: Detonation is bad for an engine. If you've ever looked at the pistons and heads of an engine that's been knocking, you'll see tiny balls of metal stuck to them that were blown off the combustion chamber during detonation. To think that the engine in any modern car is constantly reducing advance until it hears detonation is laughable and a recipe for an unreliable engine (not something that Honda is known for).

That's not to say that knock sensors don't exist or that the ECU doesn't adjust ignition timing, it just works the opposite of what you seem to think. A modern car has a default ignition map designed for its recommended fuel. When the knock sensor detects detonation, ignition advance is increased until it goes away. This allows a car designed for premium to run regular when no premium is available (the original purpose behind the system). It has the added benefit of keeping a car from knocking if the compression ratio changes (say, from carbon deposits building up in the combustion chambers).

Finally, you can't tell from a compression ratio alone whether an engine would benefit from higher octane fuel. Displacement, combustion chamber shape, number of spark plugs per cylinder and bore:stroke ratio have almost as much effect on detonation as compression ratio. But the real trump card is whether the ECU is programmed by default to take advantage of the higher octane; in the case of the Fit it is not, or significant MPG gains could be realized just by switching to premium.
ok not to argue or anything but for the past 3 years i've been tuning k series and b series i've tuned a lot of cars. currently i've tuned one of south florida's fastest eg's with a k20a2 making 240whp 163tq i've gone to hondata seminars and read quite a lot about ecu operation and tunning last year i went to a AEM ems seminar so i would think i kinda have an idea of what im talking about. im not asking you to believe me. do your own research and you will find the truth.

let me make a few corrections/ misunderstandings maybe you read me wrong

1.yes ignition happens before tdc. 0 degrees ignition advance means the spark is firing when the piston is at tdc, 20 degrees advance means the spark is firing 20degrees BEFORE the piston gets to tdc. to make power you need to increase ignition advance the higher you go on octane the higher you need to increase ignition advance. proof for this 110 octane on a k series requires about 34-37 degrees advance at wot.
93 octane on a k series is happy with 25-28 degrees advance at wot
87 octane doesnt like more than 23 degrees advance at wot. i've proven this on the dyno

with the ignition cleared out lets go to knocking. yes knocking is bad for the engine i agree with you. so does honda engineers but according to them one knock once in a while is ok therefore they have made ECUS to retard ignition once the knock sensor detects a knock. on honda engines the knock sensor is VERY sensible and 80% of the time it reads engine noise as a knock. honda made it that way. other manufacturers are following the trend as well.

as fas as engine compression goes heres the thing: higher compression allows for higher octane when properly tuned. low compression wont benefit that much from a higher octane. dont believe me? go to a nopi/nhra talk to the clutch masters guys or about anyone ask them what gas they are running and whats the compression of the engine.
i agree with you that it goes hand on hand with the map on the ECU. heres a past experience i had: a n/a k20a3 wont make any more power from changing from 87 to 93 octane due to its low compresion on a k20a type R engine you will loose power by switching to anything lower than 93 no matter if you tune to compensate for the loss. why because of the k20a's high compression.

so going back to the fit engine. again while the gains are very marginal and not something you would feel (other than a placebo effect) or unless you are testing on the dyno the relatively high compresion of the engine will allow for a small gain in power and in fuel economy.

i had a huge thread/ writeup on tunning a car for fuel economy on ephatch but it got deleted when the site crashed earlier this year. the conclusion of the thread was that higher octane when properly tuned led to better fuel economy due to the advance in ignition. BUT it was from about 3 more mpg. what made more fuel econ was leaning the mixture as much as possible while retarding ignition on 87 octane. i was able to do 32mpg on the city with no knocks recorded on datalogs.

again you dont have to believe me i say what i've proven myself not what i think it is.

on hondas ecu's and tunning read the tech articles over at hondata. they will give you an idea of how the engine works, how the honda ecu's work and therfore how it should be tuned.
read this articles they are long but its from the series of seminars hondata did back in 06 i attended the one in miami.
Tech - K-Pro training
Hondata Seminar

Old 08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by boon4376
Probably all just the placebo effect.

Actually you do, Europe uses a different scale... Same physical properties different units of measurement.

If we all listened to wrussi, then theoretically putting ethanol in your car would result in a huge increase in power and FE (because ethanol has a much higher octane).. which is definitely not the case... With out proper tuning and usually the use of a turbo charger, your HP will drop. Thanks red iron crown for correcting the mess..
well here is the problem up until 80% MAP(manifold absolute pressure) load the ECU is in closed loop meaning its ignoring the maps it has and instead it is calculating the optimal af (stoichometric 14.7) and ignition based off the readings on the 02 sensors for af and the knock sensor for ignition. when you accelerate ie taking off at a light your car goes passes the 80% MAP mark and from that point on the ECU reads off whatever map it has loaded. if those maps are not optimized for high octane then yes you will not see any benefit from e85 the problem is most of the times the car is in open loop. not closed. the main reason you shoulnt run ethanol is because it will damage your 02 sensors same thing as running leaded gas. there has been people with kseries that have sucessfully tuned for e85 ethanol

Last edited by wrussi; 08-13-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Everything people say on forums is generally based on their own knowledge, which is fine. However if you call Honda of North America they will tell you that the ECU CAN take advantage of the higher octane gas and they actually strongly recommend it. If you don't believe me call their customer service. Remember something else, our engines have technically a higher compression ratio than the C32 in the NSX! 10.4:1 I've been using 91 since I got my Fit even in the times when it was almost 5 a gallon, who cares? It's give or take 100 bucks a year difference honestly.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
long story short... the car was designed to run on 87... anything more on a stock engine is just money out of your pocket...

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
i have used regular gas for over a year on my fit. but my friend and also the mechanic for my fit, has told me that regular gas causes carbon build up, and premium burns cleaner and years down the road the car will appreciate that you have been putting premium in it. he recommended filling up with premium, or at least midgrade and then premium once a month. im just wondering if anybody can explain why this would be a waste if i chose to do this, if its pointless. i do plan on keeping my fit for a long time, just curious as to peoples ideas and if he is wrong...?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Nobody is arguing your experience with any particular engine here, just your explanation of it all.

First of all, there is no "explosion" taking place under normal operation of an internal combustion engine. It is a controlled burn process that is miles away from qualifying as an explosion. But I digress as it may just be a case of a poor choice of words.

Secondly, we have this statement here;
Originally Posted by wrussi
higher octane gas is not as flamable as a low octane meaning you need more time and pressure to get 100 to explode than what you need for 87.
With your statement of needing more pressure to get the 100 octane to explode,you seem to be talking about a diesel engine here. I know you know this, and maybe you just didn't write what you meant to say, but you don't want the pressure to trigger the ignition process in a gasoline engine as you do with a diesel. Furthermore, high octane gas is not less flammable than low octane gas, it is simply more resistant to autoignition.

I also have a question about your timing example. If you tested the exact same engine with three different octane rated gasolines, it stands to reason that the higher octane gas could withstand more compression (read as less ignition advance) before autoignition than the lower octane gasoline would, yet you stated that the higher octane gas required more ignition advance. Could you explain this? Are you comparing apples to oranges here or what?

Again, no disrespect intended towards you or your experience with engines. It just seemed that the way you described things was going to confuse some people who don't know how this stuff works.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
i use 89 from PB i get better MPG for some odd reason... no performance gain maybe on the turns

Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
ok not to argue or anything but for the past 3 years i've been tuning k series and b series i've tuned a lot of cars. currently i've tuned one of south florida's fastest eg's with a k20a2 making 240whp 163tq i've gone to hondata seminars and read quite a lot about ecu operation and tunning last year i went to a AEM ems seminar so i would think i kinda have an idea of what im talking about. im not asking you to believe me. do your own research and you will find the truth.
I'm glad to hear that you have had some success with tuning. That doesn't make your arguments or descriptions correct, however. It's just argumentum ad verecundiam.

let me make a few corrections/ misunderstandings maybe you read me wrong

1.yes ignition happens before tdc. 0 degrees ignition advance means the spark is firing when the piston is at tdc, 20 degrees advance means the spark is firing 20degrees BEFORE the piston gets to tdc. to make power you need to increase ignition advance the higher you go on octane the higher you need to increase ignition advance. proof for this 110 octane on a k series requires about 34-37 degrees advance at wot.
93 octane on a k series is happy with 25-28 degrees advance at wot
87 octane doesnt like more than 23 degrees advance at wot. i've proven this on the dyno
I need more information to address your numbers properly. Were all three runs on the same engine, with all other parts and tuning the same? Did the fuels used have the same rate of flame propagation in the mixture rates used? Were the numbers determined at the same RPM?

with the ignition cleared out lets go to knocking. yes knocking is bad for the engine i agree with you. so does honda engineers but according to them one knock once in a while is ok therefore they have made ECUS to retard ignition once the knock sensor detects a knock. on honda engines the knock sensor is VERY sensible and 80% of the time it reads engine noise as a knock. honda made it that way. other manufacturers are following the trend as well.
Knock is most certainly not OK in a production, warrantied engine. The whole point of knock detection in the first place is to avoid it! If the engine is using its recommended fuel and is in good repair, it will never knock. The knock sensor is there to cover the circumstances when it is not using recommended fuel or is in poor repair. Think of it as a safety system for your combustion chambers.

In fact that's a good analogy. Waiting for knock to occur regularly to adjust the ignition timing is like using trees and telephone poles to stop your car. Sure, it's designed to do it, what with airbags and seatbelts and all, but it's not good for the car!

as fas as engine compression goes heres the thing: higher compression allows for higher octane when properly tuned. low compression wont benefit that much from a higher octane.
You're close here. Higher octane allows for higher compression. Higher compression requires higher octane all else being equal. So of course an engine designed for lower octane (i.e. lower compression) won't benefit much if at all from higher octane. You're mixing cause and effect.

dont believe me? go to a nopi/nhra talk to the clutch masters guys or about anyone ask them what gas they are running and whats the compression of the engine.
i agree with you that it goes hand on hand with the map on the ECU. heres a past experience i had: a n/a k20a3 wont make any more power from changing from 87 to 93 octane due to its low compresion on a k20a type R engine you will loose power by switching to anything lower than 93 no matter if you tune to compensate for the loss. why because of the k20a's high compression.
Exactly! A lower compression engine (with the same combustion chamber size) doesn't benefit from higher octane!

so going back to the fit engine. again while the gains are very marginal and not something you would feel (other than a placebo effect) or unless you are testing on the dyno the relatively high compresion of the engine will allow for a small gain in power and in fuel economy.
Remember that ignition advance also depends on combustion chamber size and shape. The flame propagates from the sparkplug at the same rate no matter what size the chamber, so a larger chamber requires more advance. The Fit engine has a relatively high compression ratio for a production car designed for regular fuel, but its small combustion chambers compensate for it. I think part of your misunderstanding may stem from working on engines with larger combustion chambers, as a compression ratio that is acceptable in the smaller engine may be too high for the larger one.

So it's not like the Fit engine's balance of combustion chamber and compression ratio is appropriate for premium fuel just because it's compression ratio is the same as some larger engines running on premium. There's no secret performance waiting to be unlocked just by pumping higher octane gas.

again you dont have to believe me i say what i've proven myself not what i think it is.
You've drawn the wrong conclusions from your observations.

Last edited by Red Iron Crown; 08-13-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Ive been reading the posts about higher octane. I get over 40mpg is stop and go with some highway. I use BP ultimate only. Timing being advance is under acceleration is not because the fuel burns slower but because the engine is reving faster and the ecm is keeping up by advancing (Less time). There is a BIG difference is Gasolines other than octane. Premium in short is F1 racing fuel, burns clean,High denisity fuel for better mileage. They detune with a knock sensor and most of the correction is fuel trim come by pulling fuel which is better then adding fuel with the correction trim inside the ecm. You only need to get 5 percent better mileage to save money.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
you guys can argue about octane until you are blue in the face but the simple fact of the matter is that any pump gas in america has all sorts of conditioners and additives that are meant to make a cleaner burning fuel. good for the environment, bad for your engine. i put 104 unleaded in my car and it runs better than ever. mind you, i am boosted but when i drive out of boost, my car feels like it has much more power and runs smoother.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sloto200
long story short... the car was designed to run on 87... anything more on a stock engine is just money out of your pocket...
Bingo!

Fit does not need premium gas, it also does not get any pep or additional power gains as described in the OP's post. Premium gas does nothing for your mileage and also nothing for longevity, it is not cleaner nor is it more pure in any way over regular.

As mentioned a few times, it is strictly for high compression. While the Fit may benefit from a mid-grade on extremely hot days sitting in rush hours traffic, it would still be fine on chugging away on regular as well. Now we all know the fit does have a pretty good compression rate, it is totally fine to use regular and you will not experience any kind of performance benefit to using a mid grade.

As a side note, higher octane fuel does technically have less energy than a lower grade fuel... so you may actually experience a tiny decrease in fuel mileage as a result.

Bottom line: Putting high grade fuel in your Fit is the equivalent of feeding your house plants 3$ bottled water when you have an adequate supply of tap water handy.

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
you guys can argue about octane until you are blue in the face but the simple fact of the matter is that any pump gas in america has all sorts of conditioners and additives that are meant to make a cleaner burning fuel. good for the environment, bad for your engine. i put 104 unleaded in my car and it runs better than ever. mind you, i am boosted but when i drive out of boost, my car feels like it has much more power and runs smoother.
Boosted is a whole different story, you can also tune your car to run on different grades.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-01-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
I doubt u are really feeling any thing different in the car its more like the mind playing tricks. But read the manual it says regular. There is no need for premum fuel in the fit. But hey if u want to thats ur car do what u want to

Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Bingo!

Fit does not need premium gas, it also does not get any pep or additional power gains as described in the OP's post. Premium gas does nothing for your mileage and also nothing for longevity, it is not cleaner nor is it more pure in any way over regular.

As mentioned a few times, it is strictly for high compression. While the Fit may benefit from a mid-grade on extremely hot days sitting in rush hours traffic, it would still be fine on chugging away on regular as well. Now we all know the fit does have a pretty good compression rate, it is totally fine to use regular and you will not experience any kind of performance benefit to using a mid grade.

As a side note, higher octane fuel does technically have less energy than a lower grade fuel... so you may actually experience a tiny decrease in fuel mileage as a result.

Bottom line: Putting high grade fuel in your Fit is the equivalent of feeding your house plants 3$ bottled water when you have an adequate supply of tap water handy.

Boosted is a whole different story, you can also tune your car to run on different grades.

U got it right on the dot. This should be the end of the thread.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
the debate of high octane vs low octane has been beaten to death but let me clarify what honda k series R series and L series do to deal with gas octane.

before we get to the car lets talk about the gasoline first
the octane number that you see is how hard the gasoline explodes a 100 octane will have a much more stronger explosion than 87. but it doesnt end there! it has a trade off, higher octane gas is not as flamable as a low octane meaning you need more time and pressure to get 100 to explode than what you need for 87.
with that clear lets move to the car. we all know that to make power you need a strong explosion in the cylinder but in order for you to benefit of lets say 100 octane you need to make sure that the engine can make the gas explode in the exact moment. so higher cylinder compression and ignition advance are needed/used.
please note that:
compression cannot be changed on the fly its set by the manufacturer or unless you change pistons, rings, gaskets
ignition can be changed on the fly IF the ECU allows it
on cars like the D series B series and ap1/2 F series ignition is set by honda and it does not move. thats why on a d series engine it doesnt benefit from putting 93 octane but on an s2k you will knock a lot if you dont put premium. these cars ECU's are preset for certain amount of ignition therefore requiring an specific octane rating.
this was kinda annoying for honda because for every country a car was sold in they had to create different ECU calibrations. due to the difference on octane from country to country
moving to the modern k series the R series and L series they made the ECU's for these cars that can change ignition on the fly. how it works is that the ECU its always advancing ignition +1 degree until it hears a knock. when it does hear a knock, ignition is retarded by 5 degrees. then the process is started all over again. this allows honda to use 1 map for all countries and at the same time optimizing performance regardless what octane is used.

the L series has a 10.4:1 compression therefore it will benefit from a little better octane rating in the gas because the ecu will advance ignition until it knocks

this should translate in about 3 more hp, nothing that you could feel that much. fuel econ should be up by a few mpg also.

so in conclusion is it worth it to put higher octane on the car? imo not really unless the price difference was under 5 cents between regular and premium i dont think its worth it to spend the extra 25/gal just to get 3 more hp and 1mpg...
You need to read more about octane/RON ratings.
I copied this for you from another site.
It might seem odd that fuels with higher octane ratings burn less easily, yet are popularly thought of as more powerful. Using a fuel with a higher octane lets an engine be run at a higher compression ratio without having problems with knock. Compression is directly related to power, so engines that require higher octane usually deliver more power. Some high-performance engines are designed to operate with a compression ratio associated with high octane numbers, and thus demand high-octane gasoline. It should be noted that the power output of an engine also depends on the energy content of its fuel, which bears no simple relationship to the octane rating. Some people believe that adding a higher octane fuel to their engine will increase its performance or lessen its fuel consumption; this is false - engines perform best when using fuel with the octane rating they were designed for.

Premium fuel will not produce a more powerful "explosion" as you call it.
In fact it burns more slowly and has less tenddency to have multiple flashpoints.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Red Iron Crown
You seem to be confused, so let me see if I can help.

About gasoline, octane rating measures one thing and one thing only: resistance to detonation (knock, or compression ignition). Higher octane fuel does not explode more powerfully, it contains the same amount of energy as regular gas. -> Right!!

It is possible to have a high octane fuel that contains less energy than a lower octane fuel (diesel vs. gasoline is a good example of this). -> Wrong, Diesel have more energy then gas and more resistance to knock... regulars pump fuels wouldn't run at 20+:1 CR + turbo!! Also Diesel don't have Octane but Cetane numbers...

About ignition timing, advance refers to the number of degrees before top-dead center that ignition occurs. -> Right!

More advance is required for lower octane fuels as obviously the closer to TDC the greater the compression and the greater the chance of detonation. -> Wrong! Old cast iron engines had base timing fixed ATDC sometimes to acomodate regular fuels and because ignition controllers weren't powerful, didn't had knock sensors and also because Cast Iron heads retained so much heat that is would have pinked to death if they would had given more advance... try to push something that is moving toward you and you will see more pressure then if you push the exact same thing that is moving at the same speed but in the opposite direction...

Conversely, higher octanes can run with less advance, as they can come closer to TDC without detonating. -> Wrong too... Ignition ''Advance'' is the point where the spark plugs fires ''in advance'' of TDC... simplier said, the more advance you have, the sooner the plugs fires BTDC...

About ECUs and ignition timing: Detonation is bad for an engine. If you've ever looked at the pistons and heads of an engine that's been knocking, you'll see tiny balls of metal stuck to them that were blown off the combustion chamber during detonation. To think that the engine in any modern car is constantly reducing advance until it hears detonation is laughable and a recipe for an unreliable engine (not something that Honda is known for). -> Right and Wrong... Neon SRT-4 engines (I know them!) constantly adjust timing based on the Sensors inputs and fuel grade used... they advance and when they see a slight ping (not a severe ping that destroys an engine!) they retard a little... they get a range of correction based on RPM (plugs are firing more in ''advance'' at high rpm!)

That's not to say that knock sensors don't exist or that the ECU doesn't adjust ignition timing, it just works the opposite of what you seem to think. -> ....

A modern car has a default ignition map designed for its recommended fuel. When the knock sensor detects detonation, ignition advance is increased until it goes away. -> Wrong! Actually retard and not advance!

This allows a car designed for premium to run regular when no premium is available (the original purpose behind the system). It has the added benefit of keeping a car from knocking if the compression ratio changes (say, from carbon deposits building up in the combustion chambers). -> Maybe! But they also can program the ECM to add or remove timing ''on the fly'' based on the grade of fuel used... Hence the '' Only 87 Octane OR Higher'' in your instructions booklet... Don't go under 87 or it will ping (As stated in the booklet!) but feel free to use premium if you wish as the ECU has a certain range of adjustement... I even wonder if Hondas ECU are not calibrated for Premium and then allowed to run on regular through the knock Sensor... it would make a sense of ''87 Octane OR Higher''... Let's use data aquired from my 97 DOHC neon some time ago as an example. When we datalogged the Ignition advance with Regular and Premium, we saw an increase of more or less 6° at 5000Rpm and something like 10° at 7000rpm... The difference in power was noticeable too!!

Finally, you can't tell from a compression ratio alone whether an engine would benefit from higher octane fuel. Displacement, combustion chamber shape, number of spark plugs per cylinder and bore:stroke ratio have almost as much effect on detonation as compression ratio. -> Right!

But the real trump card is whether the ECU is programmed by default to take advantage of the higher octane; in the case of the Fit it is not, or significant MPG gains could be realized just by switching to premium. -> I personally saw repeted improvement in using premium... just not so much in the Fit's case and a lot in the neons... especially the modded ones!!
Marko!!!!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 10-10-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by boon4376
Probably all just the placebo effect.
If we all listened to wrussi, then theoretically putting ethanol in your car would result in a huge increase in power and FE (because ethanol has a much higher octane).. which is definitely not the case... With out proper tuning and usually the use of a turbo charger, your HP will drop. Thanks red iron crown for correcting the mess..
You won't gain fuel efficiency as alcool has to run overly rich (X2) to work properly but they do produces more power due to many factors...

-The higher octane allows more boost and\or timing advance...
-The rich mixture has a cooling effect a little like water injection that cools the air charge...

That's why certain dudes in the quest on max power use E85 as their fuels of choice...

Marko!!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by mdm427
If you tested the exact same engine with three different octane rated gasolines, it stands to reason that the higher octane gas could withstand more compression (read as less ignition advance) before autoignition than the lower octane gasoline would, yet you stated that the higher octane gas required more ignition advance. Could you explain this? Are you comparing apples to oranges here or what?
He probably tested 3 different fuels on the same motor, with the same compression... in that case, yes, higher octane fuel will give headroom for more timing advance!!

Marko!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
So here's a slightly different question.
First, let me say this:
In my older cars, I have always noticed a big difference when running gas from a "name brand" company versus the cheap gas from Raceway or Walmart (Murphy).
My previous cars seemed to get better power and MPG from BP or Chevron gasolines. Consequently, I have always run BP/Amoco or Chevron/Texaco gas in my Fit. With the recent gasoline availability and price problems due to hurricanes Gustav and Ike, I ran a couple of tanks from Raceway and one from Costco, and it seemed to me that, just like the cars before it, the Fit didn't run as well or efficiently.
So my question is, what is the difference? Thanks for whatever you guys can tell me.

Last edited by Steeldog; 10-10-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quick Reply: im using the good gas