General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

US Fit prices?? What do you guys think the Fit will cost in the states??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:34 AM
US Fit prices?? What do you guys think the Fit will cost in the states??

I believe that the Fit will be competing with the new Toyota Yaris which I think will come in at around $10,000 US. I hope the Fit is better than the Yaris. I saw the Yaris a few weeks ago in Canada and it looks really ugly and the inside is really cheap. I currently own a 1988 Honda Civic hatchback with over 487,000 kms on it and I have not done any engine or transmission repairs to date. I picked up a new 05 Porsche Boxster this summer and love it, but I want to replace my old civic with something that gets half descent mileage and the Fit looks like a good choice. What kind of mileage can I expect to get from the Fit?? I wish Honda would bring the diesel Fit to the US, but I doubt it.
cheers

Old 11-21-2005, 08:17 AM
I briefly had a loaded Echo in 2000 and it ran almost 15K w taxes. I'm sure if there's anything even near ten it will not have much to it!
Go price a current Echo at Toyota online and you'll see what I mean.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
If you guys want a $10K car, how about a Chevy Aveo? I've seen them advertised in Phoenix for around that. I see a lot of them on the streets, so I guess a lot of people want cheap cars. Did you hear that one of the Chinese car companies wants to sell an SUV in the US for $10K? I wonder if it's the same one that flunked the European crash tests? "You get what you pay for". I'd rather have a $15K Fit that will last a long time, than a $10K Whatever that falls apart after 4 years.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

My guess is that if we see the Honda Fit sold in two level trims, the less expensive model will probably start around US$11,700 and the more expensive model will probably start around US$14,000. To keep costs down, the car will have relatively few options except for the navigation system, which will add about US$900 to the cost of the top-end model.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
My guess is that if we see the Honda Fit sold in two level trims, the less expensive model will probably start around US$11,700 and the more expensive model will probably start around US$14,000. To keep costs down, the car will have relatively few options except for the navigation system, which will add about US$900 to the cost of the top-end model.
Dude...where do you get this stuff? I haven't been a member that long, but I see you coming out with all kinds of info on engines/options/prices. I am not doubting you, I'm just saying you must be one informed mofo. Thanks for sharing and I hope you are right. Any info on the Power Ball lottery?

Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM
mav
$12K Base and $15K for the S trim.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
hmm....

should i save money to get the new SI or the new FIT?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Depends on what you want. I was hell-bent on the new SI until I rented a Jazz for a weekend. Sporty, small outside, it's a hatch with those trick back seats, so it is relatively huge inside, has four doors vice two, and it should get much better gas mileage than the SI. The SI is more of a "sports" car. The Fit is more of a "sporty" economy car, and should be at least $5k less than the SI when comparing somewhat equal levels of trim and fitment.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by maverick1
I believe that the Fit will be competing with the new Toyota Yaris which I think will come in at around $10,000 US. I hope the Fit is better than the Yaris. I saw the Yaris a few weeks ago in Canada and it looks really ugly and the inside is really cheap. I currently own a 1988 Honda Civic hatchback with over 487,000 kms on it and I have not done any engine or transmission repairs to date. I picked up a new 05 Porsche Boxster this summer and love it, but I want to replace my old civic with something that gets half descent mileage and the Fit looks like a good choice. What kind of mileage can I expect to get from the Fit?? I wish Honda would bring the diesel Fit to the US, but I doubt it.
cheers
i agreed with you, yaris does look ugly, i like my jazz/fit, more classier..

Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Here in the states, the Fit might be competing more against the Scions, and they are around the 11-15k range. Just my .02

Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yaris & Scion

The Toyota Yaris will be coming out with a 4 door sedan for the US in 2006, and it dosen't look that bad. Looks a lot better than the hatchback. Also, the Scion Xb will be bigger, with the 2.4 engine like the TC. Not sure if that will happen in 2006, but the Xb will be based on the Corolla chasis. More competition for the Fit.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
As I was pedalling my bicycle into work today, I caught a really quick glimpse of a Jazz that had what appeared to be a Mugen body kit with the dual exhausts. Didn't see the wheel/tire package because of the traffic, but what I did see sure looked nice.

If you are in the U.S. and waiting, it will be worth it. I can't wait to get back there and buy mine. Hatches rule. Toyota is missing the boat if the put out a sedan Yaris.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Hatches do rule. That's why I'm mad about the new Civic Si that we're getting here in the states. It's not a hatchback...

I have a 2003 Civic Si (type-r for some of you out there) and I love the fact that it's a hatch. I want to keep what I have, and I think it would be just great to have a Fit to go along with my Civic. The Fit kinda' looks like a baby version of my car.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
That's true, the Fit does look like a baby version of the last Civic Si. The Fit also looks in a way like a mini-mini-van, cuz of the 4 doors. I also agree that the hatch is very practical. When I had my Si hatch, I was amazed at the stuff I could carry in there once the back seats were down. I even had a twin bed in there once when I was moving. It stuck out the back, but the car was wide enough so that I could fit the matress and box springs in there, and that car was small. When I had a chance to sit in a Scion Xb, what impressed me the most was interior space. I hope the Fit is like that.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Hatches are very unique, and they are quite handy. I fill mine up ALL the time. And now that my back seats have been taken out, even more room.

I am saddened however at the lack of enthusiasm of hatchbacks from the US market. It seems that only 5 doors sell well, while the 3 doors don't. Perhaps it's because most people here in the states think of hatchbacks as family cars. So performance hatches just don't seem to do well anymore. Like the EP3 ('02-'05 Civic Si/Type-R) didn't sell all that well here in the states (mainly because of it's lack of power... danged pencil pushers, and it's lack luster styling, but I love it). But even cars like the Focus have suffered slightly. The EP3 will probably be the last performance hatch to come to the US for a long time. So, it's sad.

I guess the only ones that have done fairly well have been the VW GTI's. Oh well.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Most people didn't like the styling of the latest Civic Si. I did. Guess that makes me weird. I think you will find the Fit is bigger inside than that Civic, and not just by a little bit. I looked at the Civic. One of my requirements for a car is that a set of golf clubs has to fit in the boot without dropping the back seat. The Civic failed. I was able to fit two sets and a couple small bags in the back of the Jazz (Fit) for a weekend trip. The rear seats are quite ingenious, and other manufacturers are going to be hustling to catch up. Same story as the Odyssey a few years ago with the disappearing 3d seat.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Bro, you're not all that wierd! HA I liked the styling of the last Si also. I do hafta admit that the styling was kinda strange when it first came out, and then it just kinda grew on me. The shifter was a bit strange, looking like it came out of the dash, but everyone said it worked well. I think the biggest problem for that car was the lack of power. I thought 160 HP was fine, compared to my old Si's 91 HP, but I guess everyone today wants at least 200 HP. The new Si is a nice car but it looks a bit stubby in front with the short hood. I wonder what one would look like in a hatchback form?

Old 12-02-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know if it's all the hype or people are really liking it, but my dealer has a waiting list for the new SI already...

Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by siguy
I wonder what one would look like in a hatchback form?
Here you go. This is a chop I made a couple nights ago for some guys on K-series.com

Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by siguy
...I think the biggest problem for that car was the lack of power. I thought 160 HP was fine, compared to my old Si's 91 HP, but I guess everyone today wants at least 200 HP. The new Si is a nice car but it looks a bit stubby in front with the short hood. I wonder what one would look like in a hatchback form?
If you think the new Civic is stubby up front, wait until you see the Fit. It makes the Civic look like Jimmy Durante.

You hear people all the time wanting all the power in the world, and great gas mileage. You can't have both. Just make the cars quick enough to hit a gap merging onto a busy freeway. For real speed, I'll take my motorcycle.

Nice job on the hatchback. GTI hunting, anyone? Honda?

Last edited by BKKJack; 12-03-2005 at 07:10 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quick Reply: US Fit prices?? What do you guys think the Fit will cost in the states??