General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

N1 Concepts: Kiss my @SS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
N1 Concepts: Kiss my @SS!!!

Ok so here's my story with N1 Concepts!!!

On Sunday September 28th. (My bday BTW) I won on ebay a set of Smoked LED JDM Style Taillights. The user was J-Carparts. I figured great! nice set of LED tails etc.etc. So I paid for them and left a message asking for tracking number, what brand they are etc.

The next day, Monday, September 29th. I get a reply saying its designed in Japan, made in Asia and brand new.

Funny thing is the email address that I used to ask my question was not the same as the one that replied back to me. The one that replied back was daniel@N1concepts !@! Sneaky biatches.... So I shot them another email Monday to see if the item has been shipped and if they could cancel my order.

I get no reply.....

I called them today (Wed, October 1st) and asked them if they shipped it.... They said yes shipped yesterday Tuesday Sept 30. I then tell him the situation where I didn't get a reply back about tracking number or cancellations... I then tell him that if i refuse the package, it will be sent back to them and if they can cancel the item. He puts me on hold...

He comes back and says he "tried' but the powers above him said they have to charge me a 25% restocking fee!!!!

I then told him again that I sent emails BEFORE they shipped out the package and got no reply from them and now I'm getting hit with a 25% restocking fee if I refuse it.... WTF?!

I know i know, I should have asked the questions before. But I was under the impression that DEPO were the only ones that made the smoked LEDs.

Anyways... sorry forr the rant.. but im a bit frustrated!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Dang, I hope you get your money back...

I miss the old n1concepts when they weren't as big..

Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
so you thought thay were "real" JDM tails? how much were thay? i mean if you payed like 120 for fakes thats not bad but if you payed over that for somthing thats fake and thay say thay were real you got beat. and most comps do that thay will not answer you when it comes down to them making some cash off of it. and as for the restocking fee thay act like its gonna be that hard to put back onthe shelv id just tell them hey F#$% your restocking fee ill pay for shipping back and thats it but we all know its not gonna go thay way you want and if you dont take the tails your gonna have to pay the restocking fee or you could find somone higher up or a lawyer lol

Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Fa1
They don't have the best communication...but they are in the process of moving.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Meh.. no excuses.. moving or not...

No I thought they were DEPOS.. I forgot where I read, but I thought DEPOS were the only ones that made smoked LEDs....

I payed $120 shipped.
So if I submit and pay the "restocking fee" its $25. Worth it? then get the DEPOS?
Or just keep it?

Its brand new. Actually haven't even got to me yet. It will be here Saturday.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
I hate to say it, but never pay for anything unless you know exactly what you're getting.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by heymikesays
I hate to say it, but never pay for anything unless you know exactly what you're getting.
pretty much what I was going to say

Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Just keep them. They arent that bad. Sometimes one side is brighter, sometimes they arent. A friend of mine has the N1's and his are bright as hell on both sides.
I mean BRIGHT.

Looks great. I just got a set of N1 but Im swapping LED boards with my JHP's.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I guess I got overly excited in getting a set of LED Tails..
Oh well.... I might eat the Restocking fee and just get DEPO Lights. From pics and comparisons... the actual LEDs are brighter in the DEPO.. the smoked part is darker... and no real issues other that fitment (but thanks to koolkevin, that is not an isue either)

Or keep the N1s and but some silicone around the edges to make sure its sealed... then cut the tabs and install...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
They all have fitment problems. Even real ones. Sometimes you get a good set sometimes you dont.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
sorry, thats what I meant.... N1 & Depo have fitment problems..
But N1 seems to have a bad rep.....
Oh and another thing... N1 is NOT DOT approved. I asked them about that....

Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
i have the n1's mines are super bright..ask anyone from the orlando meets only problem i had was i had to dremel the sockets to get my turn signals to fit other then that fitment is off a tad .. u dont notice when i drive fast lol.. i paid 110 shipped for mine and they got here in less then 6 days..

Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
B1stro-
Thanks for the reassurance. I might just keep them then. According to the tracking number that I had to CALL to get... They are supposed to be here Sat... PERFECT b/c I dont need to work.. I can just try to install these...

Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
its a real straightforward install the top turnsignal on mine were the wrong socket type so i cut a tab and then used sealant to lock in the bulb .. i've had them for almost a year and half and no leaks and all my leds are still working 100%.. u'll be fine. just make sure if/when u cut the harness u solder or blacktape them up good.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I have not been a fan of N1. During a sale they had my friend went and bought a complete GSR swap for his EG asking for ob1. After we got everything and got home we found out it was a ob2 one when we asked for ob1. We called them and told them and they said there was nothing they can do...

Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
ive been thinkin bout this. When they get to you please post anything wrong with em. me, I just dont like the depo darker part on top. Id rather get these but ill be pissed to have two different looking taillights.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 AM
No prob.... I'll keep you informed!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Reason there are fitment issues is because the tail lights were designed for the JDM Fit...

there IS a difference... please check the DIY forums on a fix.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
see from pics iv seen the N1 and the depo look the same i think iv head of the N1's having like a blue tint to the smoke. but what i would say to do is when you get them check um out test fit them and see what you think.

EDIT: and if thay ask you why you opened the box tell them you wanted to make sure thay were not broke when you got them so thay couldent blame anything damaged on you when you send them back.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Retired Moderator
N1 tails are crap.
Mine have had a minor leak passenger side from day 1.
I had to file down the Drivers side for proper fitment.

I have had friends with LEDs that go out within a month, and they dont take it back for return, they dont swap for a new light. NOTHING! 0 customer service.
I picked mine up from them, you can tell they could care less about the customer. I wont purchase from them ever again. All i hear is horror storys like this one.
Sorry to hear this man. Its all too common.

Quick Reply: N1 Concepts: Kiss my @SS!!!