General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

bye bye gd3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
bye bye gd3?

Today I went up to Curtiss Ryan Honda in Shelton and priced out the 2009 Si's. I fell in love the second I saw it in the showroom. Once I sat in it, I was hooked. I plan on trading in my Fit in the springtime for the Si. I asked the lady how much my Fit is worth now, and it's worth $10,500. I was surprised. It's an 07' with about 41K on it. So hopefully I'll be getting a good amount of money for a down payment for the Si when I trade in my Fit because the Si is about $21,000 but I feel its worth every penny.

Wish me luck.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Good looking car man. Which color are u looking to get??? The si is only 21k is it the sedan or the coupe. I love the Red SI coupe with the lip kit from honda

Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM
yea man they're so nice. i'm planning on getting black but if they dont have that then probably silver. but black looks SO ill. and im going with the coupe. the sedan may be a little cheaper on insurance, but its going to be expensive for me anyway because i'm only 20. but its SO worth it. and as long as i drive like a nun from now until spring, i should be alright. one can only hope. ive wanted an Si since i saw the 2000's. then they kept getting better every year haha

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Are they that cheap though. I thought they were 24K. If there only 21k i might have to look into geting one to in a year

Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
nah the sedans are 24K coupes are 21K

those are MSRP prices though without destnation and handling bullcrap. lol

Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
What are your winters like there in CT?

My brother works at the Honda plant here in Ontario. When the Si's first came out Honda took the Si's off the road as it was very expensive to buy winter tires for them.

Also factor in the price for fuel. I a pretty sure that the Si engine is a high compression engine so you will need to feed it premium gas.

I currently drive an '06 Toyota Matrix XRS. The last model year for the Celica engined Matrix. It need the premium fuel and when gas got stupidly priced last summer, it was that much more expensive for my car. It also has low profile wheels and tires and cost a fortune to put winters on it.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, I only want to point out some other factors to you. I do agree it is one very sharp looking Civic, and with what you get, better value than the FIT for the dollar. That being said, when the lease is up on my Matrix I will be Fit shopping.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
nah the sedans are 24K coupes are 21K

those are MSRP prices though without destnation and handling bullcrap. lol

the last no-option sedan i saw at a dealer was BARELY 22k. there is a VERY small difference between the two pricewise. for an si sedan to cost 24k, it has to have the nav and michelin pilot sports on it.

they 09 refresh is really nice, and they come with fogs standard now. dyno blue pearl is a gorgeous color. don't get silver. you can get a regular civic in silver.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
hmm. well the coupe si was 21,850$ i think withOUT navi. so im not sure.

but yea i was considering getting the blue too but im set on black. silver is just a fall back haha

Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Crewser
What are your winters like there in CT?

My brother works at the Honda plant here in Ontario. When the Si's first came out Honda took the Si's off the road as it was very expensive to buy winter tires for them.

Also factor in the price for fuel. I a pretty sure that the Si engine is a high compression engine so you will need to feed it premium gas.

I currently drive an '06 Toyota Matrix XRS. The last model year for the Celica engined Matrix. It need the premium fuel and when gas got stupidly priced last summer, it was that much more expensive for my car. It also has low profile wheels and tires and cost a fortune to put winters on it.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, I only want to point out some other factors to you. I do agree it is one very sharp looking Civic, and with what you get, better value than the FIT for the dollar. That being said, when the lease is up on my Matrix I will be Fit shopping.
Won't the steelies from the Base civic fit it? It's still 5 lug and takes 195/65-R15. Much cheaper than winter tires for the 17s in the long run. That is, if you can finagle the TPMS, but real drivers don't need that

Yeah that engine does NOT like regular. 87 octane and 11:1 compression above those wide pistons is not a good combination!

Just read on H-T about the people who put in regular fuel. "What's that ting ting ting noise?" they say. If you can afford the car, don't cheap out on its fuel.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Nice!! I've wanted a SI for years. But I wanted a new car for under 20k

Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Dam i should have went with a SI the dealer i went to wanted 24k for the base si OTD. And i did not want to spend that much on a car so i went with the fit. But they sure are a nice looking car. I did not know u had to put the good gas in them though. I thought the only honda that did not take regular was the S2000. But i could be wrong

Old 11-04-2008, 10:15 PM
i dont mind spending a little extra for the gas.

the si is SO worth.
if that car had a vagina, i'd do freaky things with it hahahahaha

Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 AM
I guess you'll have to settle for a tail pipe

Old 11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
I guess you'll have to settle for a tail pipe
hahaha

Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I stopped by my honda dealer today. They quoted me 24.5K for a new SI coupe OTD. With no extras at all. So if you can get one for 21K I'd jump all over it!!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Dam i should have went with a SI the dealer i went to wanted 24k for the base si OTD. And i did not want to spend that much on a car so i went with the fit. But they sure are a nice looking car. I did not know u had to put the good gas in them though. I thought the only honda that did not take regular was the S2000. But i could be wrong

any performance k20 (with the exception of the a3)=premium gas. don't cheap out. the car will knock otherwise.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
si is a good car, just know there are a lot of faster cars out there for the price (MS3, new WRX, Cobalt SS, etc). Read up 8thcivic and you will see a lot of owners complaining about it being too slow. [even though its quite a bit faster than the fit ]

Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Good looking car man. Which color are u looking to get??? The si is only 21k is it the sedan or the coupe. I love the Red SI coupe with the lip kit from honda

Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by methodbasic
si is a good car, just know there are a lot of faster cars out there for the price (MS3, new WRX, Cobalt SS, etc). Read up 8thcivic and you will see a lot of owners complaining about it being too slow. [even though its quite a bit faster than the fit ]
I'm not TOO worried of it being extremely fast. I just want something a little more peppy then the fit. plus i love the way the Si looks, and i have some plans for it once i get money together.

but i guess it would be a little slow it has 197hp and 139lbs of torque. i feel it should have more torque.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by nikedunks
the coupe for 21k and i plan on getting black or blue. im not sure yet. red i feel is too girly for me hahaha but it does look pretty rad with the lip kit but thats a little too aggressive for me. :/

Quick Reply: bye bye gd3?