General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What are your suspension plans??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:42 AM
What are your suspension plans??

When the Fit get's here what have you guys thought about in terms of suspension? Springs? Coilovers? I don't know much about the rear beam design and am looking for ideas..I want to have all my toys waiting for my baby when she comes home...

Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
I ordered the Hyper Rev Vol. 80 book two days ago because as of now I only know of a few different suspension options and even though they arent bad I know there is more options available in Japan. My two main options that I thought about going with were either the Spoon progressive spring/fixed damper setup which is around $800 for the whole set or the Mugen progressive spring/damper setup which is a bit more. Cusco has two different coilover setups available currently but the spring rates are a bit high as you would expect on a coilover system and that doesnt suit me since this is going to be my daily driver.

Tein also has a set of there coilovers, the Wagon line I believe and those are a about $1k or so also and again those arent for me since mine is going to be a street car. Tein also has there H.Tech and S.Tech line of springs available and I might go with that if I can find a good set of aftermarket dampers to put them on.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Do you know how the rear beam reacts to lowering? Toe out? Toe in etc?

Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM
In my experience with lowering cars, the toe usually isnt affected with slight lowering but then again I havent worked with any cars that had a beam suspension like the rear of the Fit does. If you arent lowering anything more then 1.5" then I am pretty sure that there wont be any toe issues front or rear because 1.5" isnt a major drop. But in the case of coilovers the drop can go as low as 3" so the possibility of toe changes with a drop that low is more possible but shouldnt be expected.

Maybe some of the oversea's members with Fits currently can tell us if the rear has any trailing arms to adjust toe in toe out. It has to for alignment purposes, most cars have some way of adjusting toe.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Type One Racing

Old 03-05-2006, 08:33 PM
why those in particular dougie?

Old 03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I should have been a bit more specific on the choice of susepnsion I am going with. I will be running the T1R (Type One Racing) B-Max Coilovers. You may reconize the name since it is the statelite company for Spoon Sports in Japan.

The T1R B-Max Coilover suspension is made with a chromoly steel threaded body with forged aluminum components. It festures a 4 way adjustable dampener, ride height adjustable, and stroke adjustable settings. Also with a 40mm big piston shock/strut for good tunability ranges.

The T1R's have been used by many race teams in the Honda world. The have been proven in performance testing and racing situations to outperform Tein RS, Buddyclub RS/N+...etc.

I will be running these for Street, Auto X, and Track racing series.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
They sound yummy. Price?

Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Will any of the Northern U.S. boyz be using their car in the winter too?

Old 03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
This Canuck will be.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I will be using mine as a DD and Racing Fit all year around...

Also the T1R B-Max are competitive with the Tein and other product lines

Old 03-07-2006, 12:20 PM
misc

Won't altering the suspension void your warranty? Warranty be damned?

Azanon

Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Depends on how your Hnda dealership works. At mine as long as your are replacing anything concidered a wearable part you will be fine. Suspension, Brakes, & so on

Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Who determines whats wearable? That is the first time ive heard of such a thing.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
From what I have heard it is the dealerships service dept. I have heard this from Honda and Subaru for my old EG and STi

Old 03-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by azanon
Won't altering the suspension void your warranty? Warranty be damned?Azanon
When something goes wrong with any particular vehicle a good and reputable service department, with it's mechanics; has to find reasonable and justifiable cause. Eg. premature brake wear traced to lowering springs would be absurd. However, if blow your struts because you cut your springs 2.5inches and complained of OEM wear in 20K...you have a problem.

Eg. If you have installed a short shifter and your tranny goes..,the route of the problem must almost have a near scientific forensic like explanation tracing it back to the shift linkage.

ShortRam Intakes, Short Shifter, Lowering Springs don't usually void warranties in general.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Is anyone offering stabilizer bars yet? Also dougie do you know the height adj. range with the T1R?

Old 03-09-2006, 03:41 PM
When something goes wrong with any particular vehicle a good and reputable service department, with it's mechanics; has to find reasonable and justifiable cause. Eg. premature brake wear traced to lowering springs would be absurd. However, if blow your struts because you cut your springs 2.5inches and complained of OEM wear in 20K...you have a problem.

Eg. If you have installed a short shifter and your tranny goes..,the route of the problem must almost have a near scientific forensic like explanation tracing it back to the shift linkage.

ShortRam Intakes, Short Shifter, Lowering Springs don't usually void warranties in general.
So how lucky do you feel? ;-) What folks should do and what they do in practice often aren't the same thing.

I'm an old guy that just wants a fun/dependable ride, so i'm leaving mine stock.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by azanon
So how lucky do you feel? ;-) What folks should do and what they do in practice often aren't the same thing.
How true indeed!

I still plan to slap on a pair of H&R sports for a moderate drop and lessen the wheel to fender gap ratio. The look of them is not as drastic as others; but for everyday driving it is comfortable, less dive squat, less brake dive, less pitch, less yaw and no sagging. It satisfies both my needs of fashion and function as handling is increased.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Ok this is everything that I have already purchased and is in the container shipping from Japan and on its way to NA

T1R Coilovers
J's Racing Front Strut Tower Bar
J's Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar
J's Racing Rear Pillar Bar
J's Racing Cross Bar
J's Racing Front Lower Arm Bar
J's Racing Monocoque Bar
J's Racing Room Bar
J's Racing Circuit Muffler Titanium 50RS "Blue"
Spoon Sports Shift Knob Doracon "Black"
Spoon Sports Reservoir Tank Covers

I already have.....

Advan RG's "White" 15x6.5 +35
Advan SA3R's "Blue Lip" 15x6.5 +42
Goodyear GS D3's 195/50/15 x 2
Spoon Sports Lug Nuts "Blue"

As for the Adjustable range I can get the hard #'s ASAP. I do know they are 4 way adustable dampening. Spring rates are very high but I will get the hard #'s on it soon

Last edited by dougiepants; 03-10-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply: What are your suspension plans??