General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Aggressive Angry Drivers? Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Aggressive Angry Drivers? Anyone else?

Hey,
I have had several occasions while driving my fit to and from work that other drivers are pulling right up to my bumper in an almost threatening manner. Is it the Peace symbol on my back hatch that makes people mad or is it just my car? I had a moron in a giant truck pull up the other night, right to my bumper, flashing his brights.
I live about a half hour north of Detroit. It might be the motor city anger over foreign cars and the economy. I don't know.
I have to say that I'm proud to have stayed under control and not gotten into any fights.
Just had to vent.
Let me know what you think.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 PM
How's this for a "threatening manner"? I had my car for 6 days when a dude purposely sideswiped me.

Name:  DSCN0204.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  91.6 KB

Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
i have those people on my bumper all the time. i love to flip the trucks and suvs off when they almost clip me. A truck didn't feel like waiting for 2 seconds behind so he drove over the sidewalk and skidded off. What an asshole. I say 2 bucks extra a gallon for trucks and suv's. **** them.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by speedoholic
How's this for a "threatening manner"? I had my car for 6 days when a dude purposely sideswiped me.

Man, sorry to hear that. I hope you were ok.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies. I'm not at all glad that stuff like this has happened to others but I guess I am releived that it is not just me. Most likely things like this can be blamed more on the "a-hole factor" than on the car or anything else.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
ever see a kenworth symbol up close? its pretty scary lol a big truck cut the corner and nearly squished fit today i threw it in reverse and jsut pinned it and he still came close. i was pretty far back from the stop sign too because i saw him coming, he must of been drunk or had something against honda. dyck.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
It's not just you.. There are a lot of angry people floating around these days. Frustration w/ the economy, job losses, home losses... I'm sure you know.

I personally don't have any stickers on the car and never will. To me they seem like magnets for the idiots of the world who may not agree with what ever it represents..regardless of what it represents.

I have a 22 mile commute one way into Kansas City every day and I feel your pain..

Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Well we are in somewhat of a disadvantage. Other drivers think:
-small cars can be pushed around because their drivers feel vulnerable
-they have more power so we can't get away
-small car will do less damage to big car
-small car = woman driving
-imports are responsible for domestic car companies driving themselves into the dirt

Most of this isn't true, probably all if you're boosted. Unless you're female.

I was going to move to the home of Cadillac this past summer (it didn't work out). The plan was drive the Fit out of town, get a beater Blazer to drive in town.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
i have people pull out in front of me cut me off and tailgate the hell outta me i can't stand some people that drive trucks and suv's.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Lol I live about half an hour north of detroit too. There are idiot drivers everywhere. I haven't really had any problems but people always ask me why I bought a Honda when I'm getting in and out of my car in parking lots.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 PM
its the same situation here, people are always trying to bug me about buying a honda, but most are my age and still havent figured out how to grow up and keep some opinions to themselves

Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Well its usually a guy in an oversized truck so I ask them if they like paying for 30 gallons of gas

Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
People bug me about buying a honda, all I can say is if domestics would last half as long with out major work maybe more people would buy them.

I also get hated on alot by big trucks, especially when I had a prelude people never saw me (I almost got ran over in a parking lot once because the lady in the H2 next to me couldn't see me through her passenger window.

I notice it more when I'm in my brothers modded fit because people seem to like to mess with people that have nice exhaust notes.

Most of the times that people almost hit me there were guys in trucks on cellphones. I even got ran off the road once when I had my prelude. I got out and yelled at the guy from my car but he just sat there in his truck talking on his phone with a scared shitless look on his face. No one expects a 6'3'' dude to step out of a prelude. I really wish they would just ban all cell phones from cars while driving, period.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I do a pre-emptive strike - hopefully on a downhill.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
yep, alot of careless drivers out now

Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 AM
There's no better defense than a good offense. I fight back when people try to push me around.

Then I usually get followed to my destination and threatened. So probably not a good idea unless you have a death wish.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by airborne200208
There's no better defense than a good offense. I fight back when people try to push me around.

Then I usually get followed to my destination and threatened. So probably not a good idea unless you have a death wish.
pack a pistol :3 scares even the drivers of even the biggest trucks.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 AM
P22 in the door.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
ugh i hate assholes... they r all just compensating... i get tailgated, run off the road, merged into(almost, handling saved me there) yeah F them...

Old 01-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
ugh i hate assholes... they r all just compensating... i get tailgated, run off the road, merged into(almost, handling saved me there) yeah F them...
Yes, I see them too. But I try to be the courteous driver, to make it as easy as possible for everyone on the road.

I think it was being discussed in the Eco Fit forum, where people try to save gas by driving more slowly. And there are so many people in rushes. It's not our fault if someone else is late to work.

But if we have the time at the moment, and they certainly don't seem to have any time to spare, let them go ahead. Let them merge. Let them pass. Give them the right of way at stop signs if it's a tossup as to who got there first.

Even when I had to run off the road on FOOT with a full load of groceries in my folding cart, because a car was headed for me...I went right over to be sure that the driver was OK.

It was an older lady with an older man as the passenger. Now, I COULD have yelled at them. Most people WOULD have yelled at them. I was shaken up, but not nearly as much as the lady was.

She'd kind of run into the island part, and seemed confused. The man looked at me while she was trying to do something and he asked "Can you help her?"

Wow. That broke my heart. I was trying my very best to calm her down. You know those plastic bendable upright reflector things that are not car damaging, but are supposed to show where not to go? She'd driven over one of those, and it was bent sticking out from under her car.

She was trying to remove it, and it wasn't budging, it was adhered to the street! She was so flustered though, what I was saying wasn't sinking in.

Getting mad wouldn't have helped. And getting mad in general, EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE IS MAD doesn't help. It makes us more focused on being angry, instead of DRIVING!!!

Being distracted by the anger felt at some doofus on the highway and plotting out revenge 100 different ways is just as distracting as the doofus was distracted themselves by chatting on their cell phone. Or racing along because they were late.

If THEY want to take risks with their life and everyone else's lives, that's their problem, and they probably shouldn't be on the road. We don't have to do the same thing.

P.S. You ever drive safely and sanely only to have some dork whiz past you on the road? And 5 miles down the road, the dork has been pulled over for speeding? I love that.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Angry Drivers? Anyone else?