General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit ride and drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Fit ride and drive

i get to go drive the fit next tuesday...i'm looking forward to it

Old 03-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Next Tuesday? That doesnt make much sense, the earliest California Fits to arrive to the US wont be till late April.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:44 AM
it wil be fun. 3/21/06

Old 03-16-2006, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe he was invited to one of those Honda salesperson "get to know the new model" event.

I went to the 06 Si Civic test drive a couple of months before it's release- thye were hand-built and supposedly worth (gulp) ~$100,000 each. Could you imagine how many times those models were getting dogged in one day of those events (I think they toured the cars to like 10 different cities)

Old 03-16-2006, 10:54 AM
yeah. i work at a honda store in simi valley. i have to drive to costa mesa the morning of the 21st. that's a long drive in traffic. FUDGE!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by phillyb
yeah. i work at a honda store in simi valley. i have to drive to costa mesa the morning of the 21st. that's a long drive in traffic. FUDGE!
Its for a good cause! I'll be looking forward to a write up

Old 03-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I second the writeup request Philly. Give us your opinion. Lots of details ok!

Azanon

Old 03-17-2006, 01:01 AM
how about i videotape it and host it somewhere!!!!
no. but i will tell you cats about it

does anyone else here work in a honda dealership?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Well I live in Ontario in Canada and my dealer told me he was getting his first Fit at the end of March. So in about ten days, he told me I would be able to go for a test drive.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I saw a white Fit yesterday in Costa Mesa, CA. (on Fairview).
It looked really good. Good enough to make me want one and register for this site today. Ha ha ha

Old 03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Actually there's a couple in vancouver Canada and I guess for the Autoshow which is coming up in a couple weeks. We will be getting the Fit by April 3rd.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I saw 2 Honda Fits on a 8 car truck transporter that had just loaded up on annacis island this morning , it had just loaded the cars off the boat and was on his way somewhere to deliver them. One was silver and the other was blue.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:35 PM
that's where the ride and drive was. at the fairgrounds. write up will be later. but it sure as hell was fun

Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 PM
that's where the ride and drive was. at the fairgrounds. write up will be later. but it sure as hell was fun
Sweet!
Take any photos?

Old 03-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stickshift
I saw 2 Honda Fits on a 8 car truck transporter that had just loaded up on annacis island this morning , it had just loaded the cars off the boat and was on his way somewhere to deliver them. One was silver and the other was blue.
I saw that silver one on the truck too

Old 03-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chris
Sweet!
Take any photos?

no, but i did win a digital camera that says honda on in, but that was after the whole thing. and i got a few "the fit is go" pens.

it is confirmed that the release date will be april 20th, but that is NOT when they will be at dealerships. THAT IS NOT WHEN THEY WILL BE AT DEALERSHIPS. also the msrps that pahondadealer posted are confirmed as well.
i drove the fit sport, red, with the hfp 16's. it handles really really really well

Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Comment on ride quality, please

i drove the fit sport, red, with the hfp 16's. it handles really really really well
How was the ride quality? The biggest complaint I've heard is that the ride is harsh. Does it have square wheels?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
f64
Could you maybe elaborate on the acceleration and such? Did you drive the manual or the AT with paddle shifters?

Old 03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
I'll infringe on PhillyB's thunder a little bit...cuz I snuck into the ride and drive event today. His report will obviously be more meaningful...but I did get a chance to see the vehicle up close, and watch other folks driving it. Seems like they also had a sample Scion XA and Chevy Aveo for comparison sakes (at the driving portion).

From just staring in the windows of a parked vehicle (a black / black sport with dealer plates) my first impression was "wow, this thing it tiny!" But it really did look like there was ample room for 4 passengers, and enough for me (6'4" / 230) to drive. The fit and finish were typical Honda quality, and the choice of interior materials reminded me of the Scions...tastefully understated.

The driving course that participants used was too short and too low speed for anyone to *really* tell how the ride will be. Just a curvy course of about 1/3 mile shaped with orange cones in the middle of a huge parking lot. Basic handling - good test. But will the Fit ride harshly on freeways ("bounce" on the section seams some older roads have)? Don't think that test would show. Everyone was driving loaded with passengers though, and also pushing the little cars really hard into turns. Sounded, from the tire screaching, that the instructions given participants were "push these puppies until they squeal or lift a paw off the road," LOL.

From where I stood...couldn't tell much diff between the Fit, Aveo or XA... there was visible roll in all three. But again...folks were driving them much harder than normal city here to there stuff.

PhillyB oughta be getting home soon...looking forward to the real report.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:10 PM
getting comfy...seems like a tv show...lol

Quick Reply: Fit ride and drive