General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

HELP fitfreak LOGO

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
HELP fitfreak LOGO

hey guys i am getting ready to make up a few shirts and a hoodie or two and want a cool tag line under my own design of the fitfreak.net logo, i love this Forum and if i wear the hoodie to work all the fit owners will see it even if i don't know they own a fit (i work at a honda dealership) maybe they'll strike up a conversation with me and i can find a few more future freaks.
i'm not coming up with anything that i'm happy with, i want something that just rolls out of the mouth and sounds (appears) pleasing
below is an example of where i'm at, but need better wording!

I'd like to get this done soon (the next couple days) but will check back all the time to see what people say, and there's always room for improvement, these shirts and hoodies are made one at a time and i can change it up at a moments notice if i like something better (not silk screened)
if you inspire a killer saying i'll send you a free t-shirt with said saying, keep an eye here for continuous posts of shirts and apparel i come up with for my friends in our utah fit club (oh yeah we're rollin three deep so far- ha ha) thats why i'm doing this
anyway lets see what you got!!!

Last edited by vtecfit1; 02-20-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-20-2009, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

i have a few comments about your typography

first, i would use a thinner font type for the bottom phrases; the thick fonts are fighting for the viewers' attention. personally, i would like for them to see FitFreak.net first then the wording beneath that as an after thought. if you chose the medium or roman version of that font and spaced them so that they're not framing the area underneath the website, i think it would look much better (not saying it doesn't already look good)

Fitfreak.net
a REAL online community

something like that..

Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
OOOOH thats good, maybe a different word for "real"

bump for friday morning slackers at work surfin FF.net - talk to me peeps

Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
im so non creative so i can't really offer advice...BUUUUUUUUT if your getting shirts made... maybe get a bunch made and sell them? i would certanly buy one and i'm sure several other people would too...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
First thing is do you have consent from the owner of Fit Freak to use the name and logo?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
are you kidding me? i'm mot slandering the site, and it's free advertising, i'm not making money off the sale of anything

-WOW- i don't know what to say

maybe i'll just nix the whole idea because of some newbee - yeah right

Old 02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1

Tag line sounds like a drug dealer support group.
How 'bout
"Putting good things in Small packages since 200x"
Dont know when the site was founded.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
im voting for putting good things in small packages..... lol

Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
are you kidding me? i'm mot slandering the site, and it's free advertising, i'm not making money off the sale of anything

as trivial as it might sound, smallville is right. i don't think he/she meant to offend either, just trying to look out for another Ffreak

i made a shirt for the SoCAL Fit owners and despite all the requests everyone made to put FitFreak.net on there, i avoided it entirely. i didn't make any money on the shirt and sold it at cost, but Internet Brands does have the intellectual rights for anything FitFreak.net related. it would have sucked to get stung even though i was trying to do something good for the community.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
It's all about what you can fit inside.

How about it?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Well

ok well i'm not worried, just like i don't get worried that i tattoo'd a honda emblem on my BACK (see it in the tattoo forum) that honda will sue me!!!!! and i'm not too worried that some ninja from japan is gonna come kick my ass cuz i made a roof decal that incorporates the japanese flag and island (see my pics on my profile page)
don't get me wrong i understand where your all coming from, but this is personal stuff, and as far as sendng others that want stuff well i guess i'll have to put a kabash on that too
help me if you want, i'd like the imput

Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
ok well i'm not worried, just like i don't get worried that i tattoo'd a honda emblem on my BACK (see it in the tattoo forum) that honda will sue me!!!!! and i'm not too worried that some ninja from japan is gonna come kick my ass cuz i made a roof decal that incorporates the japanese flag and island (see my pics on my profile page)
don't get me wrong i understand where your all coming from, but this is personal stuff, and as far as sendng others that want stuff well i guess i'll have to put a kabash on that too
help me if you want, i'd like the imput
I am for it. Did you see my suggestion?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
You seem to think you're totally in the clear, but I'm willing to bet that sooner or later IB is gonna come down on you like a ton of bricks. They like money.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:50 PM

Look at the bottom of the page. FitFreak is trademarked. I was just going to look out for you as a local forum I'm on just went through this with people wanting to make shirts and decals. The owner of the forum didn't want just anyone to blast the name everywhere. But since you feel you are above the law go right ahead. I won't give any input though until it is approved.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Illusive used to do some decals for his cost and send them out to people, but he got consent from the administration.

They are usually pretty cool about use of thier logo for non-profit reasons, but ethically (and technically legally) you should ask first.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-20-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
The FitFreak.net logo and likenesses are registered trademarks of Internet Brands, Inc.

Any usage of said trademarks without the written express consent of Internet Brands, Inc is strictly prohibited.