General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My Wife just bought a Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
My Wife just bought a Fit Sport

We just finalized a deal with our local Honda Dealership (St. Catharines, Ontario) today on my wife's Orange Fit Sport. She was driving a 2004 Honda Pilot and needless to say it was costing us a lot of money in Fuel.

We paid MSRP, but we got them to pay for tinting the windows and I got an extra $500 out of them on the value of our trade.

Overall we're quite pleased and looking forward to saving money on insurance and fuel!

Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 PM
The blaze orange matellic is a very nice color, one of my fav's.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I'm looking forward to seeing a blaze orange in person.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats, just got wifey the same model. I have yet to see the Orange in person, but from pictures it seems like a beautiful color! Be sure to post some pictures once you get it.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Congrates on the purchase and also in Blaze Orange

Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 AM
I've seen the Balze Orange on the Element, and it looks really nice IMO.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Alright so I'm torn... I really wanted the orange but I'm afraid that since I haven't SEEN it in person, it will be more of a cat-poop blah orange. I really wanted a shiny obnoxious orangy orange. I've heard that the orange is "coppery", which is not what I want. Any input? The second choice, which is now my first choice I believe, is the blue one.

oh I'm the wife of the husband that started this thread...haha

Can't wait to get my Fit!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Talking Got My Tri-color BLAZE ORANGE Fit Sport

I picked up my Blaze Oranze Fit Sport yesterday. I was telling someone on line yesterday that it is not blaze at all. It is almost a kind of tri-color depending on the lighting. It's more Orange (but not blaze) in some light, more copper in another & an almost peach color in another. It's not a Blaze Orange at all. To me blaze orange is like the Dukes of Hazard car. I love mine. It's an eye catcher. Turned some heads already.
Also, what makes Orange unique is that no other word rhymes with orange.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I just can't decide!
I think I'll make the blue my first choice..since I've actually SEEN the colour. And make orange my second choice. Maybe by the time they've found EITHER colour I will have seen an orange one in person. Orange is a funny colour..if it's even slightly the wrong shade I'll HATE it. and every picture you see online looks like a different shade....so we'll see.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey fit for a queen, the two colours I'm looking at are the blue and orange. I'm giving the blue the thumbs up more than the orange. blue seems to be more pleasing to the eye over the long run.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
the element orange and the fit orange are not the same.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by phillyb
the element orange and the fit orange are not the same.
Yeah I can tell that much from the color swatches in the brochures and on the website. The Fit seems to be a little brighter maybe? And have more of a yellowy tint than a browny tint like the Element?

Anyhow, I ultimately decided to make my first choice the blue and my second choice the orange. Chances are they won't be able to find either of them for a month. Supply seems to be short here in Ontario

Old 04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
does anyone know what gas mileage the fit is getting in real world driving? i am looking at the fit and the civic and was curious. any help would be appreciated! i drove through the dealership friday and they had three a black mt a blue sport auto and a silver sport manual i am new to the forum and any help would be appreciated!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carl foster
does anyone know what gas mileage the fit is getting in real world driving? i am looking at the fit and the civic and was curious. any help would be appreciated! i drove through the dealership friday and they had three a black mt a blue sport auto and a silver sport manual i am new to the forum and any help would be appreciated!
You might want to start a new thread, else you won't get the answers you're looking for.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Congrats, and good deal at dealership!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Got the call today, the car is at the dealership. Going to go check it out tomorrow! Yay!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:56 PM
* Update *

soooo the dealer called today and said that the chances of me getting blue are slim to none, and they said there's a chance they can get the orange but not until the end of May.
SO I decided to ask about the red one in the show room..they said I could take that...went in (half hour drive) to double check it over and then realized it was a manual (I require automatic!) So hubby and I were pretty glad we went the whole way in...............

Anywho, they said they should be able to get a red sooner and he would let me know on Monday. Here's hoping.

He also said a lot of dealerships have been selling above MSRP...so beware!!!

I want my Fit. whine

Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
I saw the blaze orange at the Miineapolis Auto Show and thought it was too "creamy" looking. Maybe it was the lighting, but it appeared to be more a soft orange color then the bright coloring that photos suggest it is. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Ultimat451; 04-28-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ultimat451
I saw the blaze orange at the Miineapolis Auto Show and thought it was too "creamy" looking. Maybe it was the lighting, but it appeared to be more a soft orange color then the bright colorign that photos suggest it is. Any thoughts?
I saw it at the North American auto show in Detroit back in January and have to agree. I was hoping for a more vibrant color and not so muted.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Alright, after much to-do, we found out tonight that there are no automatic Fit Sports available...anywhere. In all of Canada it seems.
So mine has been ordered straight from Japan. Build date May 10. Hopefully I'll have it around the end of May.
Was hoping to have it sooner but what can ya do

Quick Reply: My Wife just bought a Fit Sport