General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

List the Pros & Cons of Honda Fit in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up List the Pros & Cons of Honda Fit in the USA

List the Pros & Cons of the Honda Fit in the USA...

Old 04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
You start

Old 04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I will be involved in this thread once I get mine... I guess that is a Con about Honda I have right now... Failure to come thru on their delivery dates...

Old 04-23-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
CON:
No locking gas cap.
No armest option.
No coin holder thingy.
No moonroof option.
Rear drum brakes.

PRO:
Six Airbags.
ABS w/ EBD.
5AT + paddleshifters
Decent price..

Old 04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dougiepants
I will be involved in this thread once I get mine... I guess that is a Con about Honda I have right now... Failure to come thru on their delivery dates...
Mine are minor, but this one is weird: They put the turn signals below the gauges, so that visibility is blocked by the steering wheel. I can't recall ever seeing them down that low. Typically they're in the far left and right corners above the tach and speedometer. They put in nice big green arrows, and a driver's seat that can't be raised (2nd complaint). Maybe it's just us short people who have this issue, but I don't think Japan is known for tall people. Third drawback, and I'm guessing this is true of the Jazz as well: Seat is too firm. (An aside about watching what you pay for stuff: I stopped off at Mattress Barn, where I remembered they had small memory foam pillows, but they wanted $99 for one! Went to a local home decor outlet and paid $14.99) for one made by Beauty Rest -- looked and felt like the same thing. It solved the problem of the firm driver's seat, and also boosted short little me a little higher (but I still have trouble seeing those turn signals!)
My earlier negative comment about the Fit was the road noise (road surface), but I have to say it's not as loud in the Fit as it was on my Accord or the two CR-Vs I've driven recently. Neither the Accord nor the CR-V shut out the traffic noise and the wind noise from the CR-V was pretty bad.

I already went over the pros -- quick acceleration; very nimble, but stable, handling; good gas mileage; easy to park (and it doesn't hog my garage); Magic Seats; Honda reliability; easy to load cargo (and an arthritic old labrador); good sound system; and I don't care what anyone else says -- it is a good looking little car, inside and out! The "cons" of this car are minor and I feel like I got my money's worth, even at MSRP. Buying the Fit was one of my best decisions ever.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Not to be rude FondaFit, but how tall are you? I am realitively short myself also.

Last edited by corey415; 04-23-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Pros:

Nimble
Smooth Shifting
Turns on a dime (I overshot a parking space somewhat this morning and still managed to turn into it)
ABS
Magic Seats
Tons upon tons of airbags standard

Cons:

Lack of Aux port in Base model
Stiff ride - Will probably improve over time
Lack of floor mats standard (Is it really that hard to throw in mats that cost the company maybe $20 to manufacture?)

All the complaints about seat height baffle me a bit too. I can see it being a problem for someone under 5', but the ones complaining on Edmunds talk about 5'2 this, 5'1 that. I'm 5'2" and the seat height is just right.

Last edited by verily; 04-23-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Had the same indicator blocking problem with my daughter's JDM model in another country. Adjusted the steering column to the lower position and problem solved. JDM version comes with locking gas cap, coin holder and knob on driver's seat to raise it, by the way. Wonderful car.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dougiepants
I'll second that and raise you a FORMER lying evasive dealer....

Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Seat height is ok for me (5' 3"). Adding the extra cushioning is to make the seat softer, but I like that it raises me up about an inch -- seems to improve visibility. Guess I'll keep messing with the wheel adjustment and see if it helps with the turn signals. Since the wheel doesn't telescope, the seat adjustment is limited. I like to keep my elbows bent and sit well back from the dash, especially on long drives. I'd like more ergonomic features, but I realize that if the car was set up exactly the way I like it, I couldn't afford it! Considering all that you get, this little Fit is a bargain! By the way, all those great safety and security features made it relatively cheap to insure. Love it!!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Cons:
  • No CVT available.
  • No gas economy gauge.
Both of these are available to the rest of the world (Non-North American Fits).

Old 04-23-2006, 08:00 PM
PROS
- great gas mileage
- cool seats/lots of space
- handling
- price
- shifts smoothly and effortless
- so far i'm the only one in my city driving around in one
- peppy peppy peppy
- everything that comes standard with the sport, from the leather steeling wheel to the fog lights

CONS
- dealer mark ups are outrageous
- no temperature gauge
- no locking gas cap
- seat fabric
- ipod capability not standard... such a bummer

Old 04-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
As if you guys find the seats too hard? Good thing you guys haven't driven any Integras. Also, the seat is quite a bit higher off the floor than the Civic.

Yay for the 6' 1" "I can that box off the top shelf for ya" tall guy.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
My cons:

*no passenger side power door lock switch
*gas and brake pedals are a bit too close when I have the seat adjusted to reach the wheel comfortably
* clutch throw is a bit long
* interior and engine are too quiet -- I prefer having more feedback when I drive
*headlights are a bit too low and don't project as far ahead as I like

Old 04-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought the point of this thread was to describe pros and cons of US models versus other worldwide models?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Jonniedee
I'll second that and raise you a FORMER lying evasive dealer....

Thanks...

I'm seeing alot of cons for the turn signal indicators, rough ride, and lack of floor mats... I think the floor mats should have definately come standard or at least the carpet style ones. Road noise might be able to be reduced if you take your Fit back to the dealership and have them perform the Front Window advisory that Honda released last week... They pull the top front window seal and treat it for reducing the road noise...

Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Do we have an international thread? Hard to compare if only the NA owners are talking amongst themselves. I'm guessing the Jazz has the same tiny gas tank. I have a long commute every day. Although I go further on a gallon of gas, I'm filling up as often as I did before. (Accord held 13.9 gal, Fit only 10.9).

Old 04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by corey415
CON:
No locking gas cap.
No armest option.
No coin holder thingy.
No moonroof option.
Rear drum brakes.

PRO:
Six Airbags.
ABS w/ EBD.
5AT + paddleshifters
Decent price..
i don't think the price is very decent with all the mark ups

Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Wish the rear view mirror could fold up, so you can go to the drive-in movies and watch with the seats in refresh mode. Yes, we still have a drive-in theater here. It rocks!

Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Pro: I looks good going down the road.

Quick Reply: List the Pros & Cons of Honda Fit in the USA