General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Car seat covers and side seat airbags

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Car seat covers and side seat airbags

Is there such a thing as a car seat cover that will not block the Fit's side seat mounted airbags?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Most cover them, but are designed to rip apart incase of an accident. If you have an 09+ and want leather or suede go here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...at-covers.html

Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
You can also try CoverKing here. That's where I got my seat covers. They have several different colors and fabrics available, and they all are made to work with the sida airbags.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, CoverKing doesn't show you the whole seat cover, just a snippet of the fabric.

I was kind of hoping for something cuter like this. Amazon.com: Auto Expressions "Blue Floral" Black/Blue Universal-Fit Front Seat Cover: Automotive

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Old 07-05-2009, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by peehound
Those are still some spendy seat covers. I would pay a little more and get the Clazzio seat covers. I am so pleased with mine. You get front and back, all of the head rests and the arm rest cover. Everyone that sees them are amazed they are covers they think they are factory.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
Those are still some spendy seat covers. I would pay a little more and get the Clazzio seat covers. I am so pleased with mine. You get front and back, all of the head rests and the arm rest cover. Everyone that sees them are amazed they are covers they think they are factory.

What made you decide that you were going to order Clazzio? Did you see them in person, did you decide based on reviews...

And where did you buy them from?
From what I can tell, they only have black leather available. I'd prefer neoprene (I live in Mn. Leather at -30*F is literally painful).

Thanks in advance! :-)

Ps. Cute puppers. ^_^ I have a little terrier.

Last edited by kortnie; 03-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
OMG that is the perfect accessory for my Fit I must have a doggie in a booster seat RIGHT NOW! lol

Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VaMPKiSS1
OMG that is the perfect accessory for my Fit I must have a doggie in a booster seat RIGHT NOW! lol
O.o You 'need' a dog as an accessory for your car?...

Ps. Rupert, snoozing after his grooming (he's wearing a doggie seatbelt - basically, it's a harness that loops through the car's seatbelt)

Old 03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kortnie
O.o You 'need' a dog as an accessory for your car?...

Ps. Rupert, snoozing after his grooming (he's wearing a doggie seatbelt - basically, it's a harness that loops through the car's seatbelt)

It was a joke. I didn't realize you'd had your sense of humor surgically removed, sorry.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VaMPKiSS1
It was a joke. I didn't realize you'd had your sense of humor surgically removed, sorry.
LOL!! Such hostility.
I realized that you were joking. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted a picture of my dog, because that would be, in a sense, encouraging you to get a dog. :-)

Old 03-05-2010, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not hostile, I'm from New York.

I'm not allowed to go into pet stores anymore. I want to bring ALL OF THE PUPPIES home. ALL OF THEM. I grew up with 5 dogs and a cat and I so want a doggie child. hehe. And I'm so going to be one of those doggie owners that gets doggie seatbelts and doggie sweaters and....

See why I'm not allowed? There is serious potential for going way overboard.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katita
Wow, CoverKing doesn't show you the whole seat cover, just a snippet of the fabric.

I was kind of hoping for something cuter like this. Amazon.com: Auto Expressions "Blue Floral" Black/Blue Universal-Fit Front Seat Cover: Automotive
I just received the Coverking neoprene seatcovers I ordered from Costco yesterday. They are on sale for $139.99 per row--there are cut outs for the airbags.

On the Coverking site, you can see photos of what all the color combinations look like--so not sure what you were looking at on their site.

Try Wet Okole if you like that Hawaiian look

http://www.wetokole.com/

Last edited by sooznd; 11-16-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Sooznd,

Installed them yet?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
I just received the Coverking neoprene seatcovers I ordered from Costco yesterday. They are on sale for $139.99 per row--there are cut outs for the airbags.

On the Coverking site, you can see photos of what all the color combinations look like--so not sure what you were looking at on their site.

Try Wet Okole if you like that Hawaiian look

Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

I ordered my third set of Cover King seat covers - first order was my mistake, I did not order the armrest set. Second order, was armrest set and they included a flimsy armrest cover that looked like it could double as a steering wheel cover.
The third order seemed to be the charm though, good fit, molds to the seat nicely and is quite waterproof. The side airbag slits kind of fold up so they're hardly noticeable. They use velcro, hooks, and clips to get the seats together. The main pain in the butt is attaching the seat bottom cover with the clips because you have to thread the connection under the seat, and the passenger seat is really tight on space to pass those to the backseat if you have big hands/palms like I do.

I too took advantage of the sale from Costco...would not have reordered without the sale on them though as the second time I ordered the w/armrest package they sent 2 sets of rear seats and no front seats. <3 Costco's return policy though. This third order had an actual armrest sleeve which fits nice and snug. Not sure why it exactly took 3 orders to get it straightened out but glad it works.

Last edited by drvr8; 11-17-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
The hardest part was the sides of the front seats. The strap that goes from front to back is doable (even with bigger hands, slide the seat back and forth). Its getting the side hook line. The only way to pass it to the bottom without going around the rail itself... is to pass it between the hard plastic (on the seat) and cushion of the seat. AND at the same time, have a hand under to grab the hook so it doesn't come back out as you pull your hand out.

I think I gave up on mine.

I like the seat covers... I think I'll have to tighten them though... there seems to be a bit rising in the middle where my *ahem* butt crack would be.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Sooznd,

Installed them yet?
Goobers- have not installed them yet--I am airing them out in the garage to get rid of the foam odor. Will try this weekend. It's been really cold here so I am hoping it will be a bit warmer over the weekend to make the material less stiff.

Originally Posted by drvr8
I ordered my third set of Cover King seat covers - first order was my mistake, I did not order the armrest set. Second order, was armrest set and they included a flimsy armrest cover that looked like it could double as a steering wheel cover.
drvr8 - I did not order covers with an armrest either, but they sent the same velour stretchy thing with my set, too. I have no idea what it is. Could it be a complimentary steering wheel cover? Seems like if it was an armrest cover it would be made of neoprene like the seatcovers--it's also the wrong color, since my seatcovers are black & charcoal- the grey elastic thing is light grey.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
um... headrests?

just to be clear, I got two front seat covers, two rear seat covers and five headrest covers. Since they're different, it's more like 2+3ish headrests. Even the headrests in the rear seem different at least, it's more like, 2 front, 2 side rears and 1 middle rear.

Oh, mine also does not have armrest. I removed the armrest the moment I started putting the covers on. A few weeks later, I installed my center console/armrest.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
I love your seat covers. You have the same car as me your dog is so cute. I don't take my dog in the car much unless I put the magic seat up he sits on the floor. He could sit on the seat with seat covers. Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Rupert is really cute.

Quick Reply: Car seat covers and side seat airbags