General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

must see pic of speedometer...going fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
P.S. ferraris, beamers, mercedes, lambos, and all exotic cars also including porche SUCK, their built super crappy, and cost WAY too much to maintain. just get an SC430!

Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by p2filz
P.S. ferraris, beamers, mercedes, lambos, and all exotic cars also including porche SUCK, their built super crappy, and cost WAY too much to maintain. just get an SC430!
you are totally ignorant. First of all, it's Bimmer, not Beamer. Secondly, SC430's are not sports cars, they are soft, boring, cruisers. And lastly, not all those cars are necessarily expensive to maintain...just because they have that image doesn't mean it's true. **

**well, to be fair I know that lambos are pretty damn expensive to keep up, but I was speaking in general terms.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Taking pictures while driving fast is bad mmmkay:

Old 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
wow, for those who think hitting that is fast...i did like 120+ holding my camera phone and half the time staring at the screen, not to mention that was when i was 14...its not that scary, especially when you are in a heavy car. i took a Toyota Sienna mini-van to 110 before.. btw, what kinda car is that with the INJEN speedometer? wierd MPH layout..kinda exotic

Old 04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
That's my 95 Del Sol. Actually on the stock speedo, it stops at 130, but on the Injen one, they just kept going on around. I really like the red gauges, but they've been on for a few years, and now the numbers are starting to warp and look all smudged. Oh well, hopefully I'll be selling my sol for a fit this august.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by p2filz
Generally speaking, big name sport cars/supercars put more effort in the design stage than "other cars". Usually designed for punishment and saftey. Costing way to much to maintain is a myth, only cars that are like Ferrari, Lambo's, Bugatti's, yeah those are very costly to keep up. However, if you can afford to spend $250,000 on a car for example, you can afford to maintain it.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
wow, for those who think hitting that is fast...i did like 120+ holding my camera phone and half the time staring at the screen, not to mention that was when i was 14...its not that scary, especially when you are in a heavy car. i took a Toyota Sienna mini-van to 110 before.. btw, what kinda car is that with the INJEN speedometer? wierd MPH layout..kinda exotic
Maybe not scary for you, but that's scary for others around you. Taking a picture at speed diverts your attention from DRIVING, which is about the last thing I want to see of people driving around me. Risking your own life and the lives of others around you so that you can post your hijinks on the Internet is just plain dumb - end of story. Cell phone use has been proven to be just as much a detractor from driving ability as being drunk - how much worse is using a CAMERA at 100mph?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Its kind of hard to imagine a Lexus being any cheaper, its still a high-end car that still requires a lot of maintainence. Sure BMW's and others cost more to maintain but you can drive them up to 10,000 miles or even more without having to chance the oil. Sure they might cost a little more to maintain, but look at how much MORE you are getting. I mean the FIT is a perfect car for me and many others, including on this forum, but some people perfer more than that.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
Its kind of hard to imagine a Lexus being any cheaper, its still a high-end car that still requires a lot of maintainence. Sure BMW's and others cost more to maintain but you can drive them up to 10,000 miles or even more without having to chance the oil. Sure they might cost a little more to maintain, but look at how much MORE you are getting. I mean the FIT is a perfect car for me and many others, including on this forum, but some people perfer more than that.
Lexus is very needy, its no different than bmw. Just a tad cheaper, but same out come. Infact, many toyotas are the same way. I drive a box right now, replacement parts are very expensive counting how cheap the car is base price. I use full synthetic which adds on, aftermarket parts for it is expensive like most cars, but still. Its a cheap car to buy, but it can also get needy in times.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
lol well i always drive fast during nighttime and only at one particular area where there is relatively low traffic that is spaced out quite nicely. I am not saying it to "show off". just saying its not that dangerous if you kinda get what you are doing.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Speed doesn't kill. Were that the case, everyone who ever boarded an airplane would be dead when they landed. It's the desparity of speed that is bad. Those idiots driving much slower than the flow of traffic, but insisting on remaining in the left lane cause more trouble. I say send the highway patrol after them, for creating a hazardous condition.

I assume Paulo was on a relatively clear stretch of road and picked the time to take his photo wisely. With the new digitals, he wouldn't even have to take his eyes off the road, just snap a few shots, post the good one, and delete the rest.

110mph is really not that fast in a modern car. Years ago, when 55 was the national limit (supposedly to save fuel, blah, blah, blah) someone did a study that showed how much time was wasted by slowing down relative to the former higher limits. The results showed as a
nation, whatever value of gasoline was saved was miniscule compared to the the value of the unfathomable amount of lost time. "Time is Money!" Speed up America.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:28 AM
One caveat guys to sustained high rpm / speed: oil temp. Get a gauge, one may be shocked. Synth. oil and / or a cooler is wise. I've driven many years on the Autobahn. 110 mph for them is just cruising. Engine break-in: over rated. Clutch break-in: VERY IMPORTANT, don’t glaze it (same for brakes)
I'd suspect the Jazz gearing would be more appropriate for them.
If they had my fit that wheezes at 110 mph, I think they’d have a fit.

PS Speedo error is often higher advancing above the mid-scale region. Any one use an alternative device to check this? I'll grab my GPS or radar gun and give it a test one of these days. I hope EBD works as the front end lightens up over 100. I’m glad I have the sport with the air dam. Hopefully it brings some down force to the party.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:36 AM
BKKJack is right. 110 mph, yawn, in an M3. But my pre-BMW Mini Cooper was an event over 100. I had to keep both hands on the wheel and don't sneeze. Any twitch and you'll change lanes in a NY minute!

Old 04-29-2006, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
the car i was using was a 1992 3000GT, with bad alignment, no tread, bubbles in the tires, and a bent rim that made the car shake. If you let go, the car merges to the right automatically.. it was ghetto but it was my first going that fast. so i learned to accept and love it.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
115 is all huh? Not bad but I was hoping for higher...

Old 04-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by plus_c
Maybe not scary for you, but that's scary for others around you. Taking a picture at speed diverts your attention from DRIVING, which is about the last thing I want to see of people driving around me. Risking your own life and the lives of others around you so that you can post your hijinks on the Internet is just plain dumb - end of story. Cell phone use has been proven to be just as much a detractor from driving ability as being drunk - how much worse is using a CAMERA at 100mph?
Well said.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
yeah im sure its not too scary for them since i always go into the lane with LEAST traffic and SLOW down when i see many cars, i only go that fast at like 2:00 am when there is no one

Old 04-29-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jpmccormac
You just voided your warranty.

Thank you!

- Your Honda Dealer
Seriously...

Old 05-02-2006, 02:28 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BKKJack
Speed doesn't kill. Were that the case, everyone who ever boarded an airplane would be dead when they landed. It's the desparity of speed that is bad. Those idiots driving much slower than the flow of traffic, but insisting on remaining in the left lane cause more trouble. I say send the highway patrol after them, for creating a hazardous condition.

I assume Paulo was on a relatively clear stretch of road and picked the time to take his photo wisely. With the new digitals, he wouldn't even have to take his eyes off the road, just snap a few shots, post the good one, and delete the rest.

110mph is really not that fast in a modern car. Years ago, when 55 was the national limit (supposedly to save fuel, blah, blah, blah) someone did a study that showed how much time was wasted by slowing down relative to the former higher limits. The results showed as a
nation, whatever value of gasoline was saved was miniscule compared to the the value of the unfathomable amount of lost time. "Time is Money!" Speed up America.
you are truly right...

Old 05-02-2006, 02:34 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by plus_c
dont tell me you have never used your cell phone in the car b4 buddy...so dont go saying things that you yourself do...you dont know what road i was on and you dont know if i was endangering the lives of others...i drive safe and its guys like you i watch for...i know when to hit it

Quick Reply: must see pic of speedometer...going fast