General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

getting your fit towed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
getting your fit towed

so a bunch of us have lower fits....

now with that being said, when the tow truck ahole comes and trys to get that thing up under my car and smashes in my front end who is paying for it? the tow company? my insurance? or would it be me because i obviously am parked some place i shouldnt be and they are called in to move my car.

has anyone had this problem? the only reason im asking because i just saw the thread with that poor guy that had no spare and his fit got destroyed by some punks and he said something about the tow truck wrecking his car even more because it being to low.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markwalter
so a bunch of us have lower fits....

now with that being said, when the tow truck ahole comes and trys to get that thing up under my car and smashes in my front end who is paying for it? the tow company? my insurance? or would it be me because i obviously am parked some place i shouldnt be and they are called in to move my car.

has anyone had this problem? the only reason im asking because i just saw the thread with that poor guy that had no spare and his fit got destroyed by some punks and he said something about the tow truck wrecking his car even more because it being to low.
if you're parked somewhere you shouldn't be, chalk it up to karma.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
You pay, your insurance mignt, but the tow company and the business or govt have no liability.

Tow zone's are at your own risk.

(I know this is true for 3 states, not sure about every state)

Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Towing

Well, I had my Fit towed once. There is a little panel on the front bumper that pops out, and you can screw an eyebolt in there to tow the car. No damage was done to mine at all.
Now, if you're parked in a tow-away zone or other place where you know you're running the risk of someone else having your car towed, that's different. The tow-truck driver might not know about that eyebolt panel, or might not have an eyebolt to fit the nut in there. This doesn't make him the ahole. That's on you.
Don't park where your car will be towed, Dude. Even if it gets messed up and someone else pays for the damages, it will be a pain in the ass for you to deal with. Just avoid the problem. Park a little farther away and walk if you have to.
Best to you.

Last edited by Steeldog; 08-12-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
^^^ +1 avoid being towed by avoiding the situation.

say if your car broke down and the towing company damaged it by accident, then it's 'an accident' and you can file a claim with your agent to work something out. but if you're asking for pity while parked at a no parking zone, i dont think your agent is going to play nice... and even raise your premium just because he feels there is a risk having you as a client.