General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Need an EX-L version and a height adjustable seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Need an EX-L version and a height adjustable seat

So I'm sitting at the Honda dealer while my Odyssey is being serviced. Nice looking Fit and Civic in the showroom. So I look around and sit in them. Do the old self-behind-self test. Adjust the driver's seat and mirrors, get comfortable.

I like both the Civic and the Fit and am ready to go to something smaller from my 2002 Odyssey. While I like both, the Fit makes more sense because I can still carry occasional big stuff in it.

The Civic driver's seat has a height adjustment, but the Fit does not. The Fit needs it. I'm 6'2" and long in the torso, so I want it to go down closer to the floor.

I really hate cloth seats. Where's the Fit EX-L? We actually postponed buying our Odyssey until leather was available. I don't really care if a Fit EX-L costs a couple thousand more than a Fit Sport w/ NAV/VSA, but it's not available. Also, if Honda decides to sell an upscale Fit, please do not put a sunroof in it as doing so will lower the ceiling (see comment about seat height adjustment).

Nice car though. I'll keep the Odyssey a bit longer, but I'll be watching for a nicer Fit.