General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Help With Install

Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Help With Install

I just purchased door visors and a cargo cover for my 2009 Fit. Is there anyone in the Philly area that has installed these that could assist me with install? I'm in Newtown.

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to take it to my mechanic for install.

Thanks!
fun

Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
door visors or window visors to let some air in when raining?

if its the rain vents its a super easy no tools needed job

Old 09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah these things don't seem like they require much to install them.

That being said I am interested in checking out various things such as this locally before I might buy myself... would also like to do a group install of A/C mesh guards or grills, cause I know thats something I don't want to do alone, or without an experienced person to help with.

BTW, where did you get a cargo cover? Did you get it locally or just order online? That's something I definitely want.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I bought the cargo cover from the same place I got the visors (see link I sent you). They were the least expensive OEM parts I found.

How do you like your seat covers? That's my next purchase.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the GE's cargo cover requires some tools to install... if you plan on using the felt flap. i took the flappy thing off cause it was annoying than anything each time i had to remove the cover.

a member told me that there's clips ont he felt and walla. clean removal. the only other thing on the cargo cover are the hooks that you need to push into the gate. there's a string where it props it up for you while your gate is open. it's a nifty design, but i prefer my GD's wind-up cargo cover.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by FunInPennsylvania
I bought the cargo cover from the same place I got the visors (see link I sent you). They were the least expensive OEM parts I found.
Was it anywhere other than those commonly mentioned here i.e. bernardi, college hills? I didn't get any PM from you.

How do you like your seat covers? That's my next purchase.
I think they're nice looking. I haven't finished putting them on. (No immediate need). For the price they're an easily acquirable full set. Depending upon how soon you want to get seat covers, and how much you're willing to spend, what you're looking for, I might suggest ordering online.. there is much more variety.

If you're only looking to spend $60 or so for a full set the set I got is locally available. Or you can find a full set of a different brand from the 2tone store on ebay.. for that same approximate price (I can't vouch for them, but they seem to be a good selection of low-end fully matching seatcovers suitable for the side airbags in many colors.) eBay Store - 2Tone Auto Store: Black, L, XL

If you only want seat covers for the front seats you can get them cheaper, although I haven't found much locally that is suitable for the side airbags.

If you're willing to spend much more on seatcovers there are a number of brands that ff.net members seem to like, but that's not my thing.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
sorry...stupid girl here with no tools....instructions look like you have to install snaps in the back of the seat??? does that mean i have to unsnap this thing everytime i put the seats down? what a pain that will be since my seats are up and down alot!

i like the idea of the strings that hold up the cover when you open the gate though...

Old 09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
i got mine from bernardi after much research. i've ordered a couple of things from them and have been quite happy

i like the complete set of covers...haven't seen those...do they come in other colors? where'd you get them?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sorry...stupid girl here with no tools....instructions look like you have to install snaps in the back of the seat??? does that mean i have to unsnap this thing everytime i put the seats down? what a pain that will be since my seats are up and down alot!

i like the idea of the strings that hold up the cover when you open the gate though...
yep. it is a pain so i just removed that flappy felt completely. it works great without it.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:26 PM
i'll have to pull it out of the box and take a look at it....thanks for the tip!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by interestingstuff

... would also like to do a group install of A/C mesh guards or grills, cause I know thats something I don't want to do alone, or without an experienced person to help with.
I think I'm going to try this grille guard...............

2009 09 Honda Fit Sport Mesh Grille Condenser Shield:eBay Motors (item 280383885873 end time Sep-09-09 19:35:37 PDT)

There are quite a few positive feedbacks. Can just put it in place and zip tie it in. I don't even have the license plate holder to remove.

Plus, from looking at past winning bids, it looks like the guy will take as low as $25 with a "best offer" bid.............plus free shipping

Old 09-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by 55Fit55
I think I'm going to try this grille guard...............

2009 09 Honda Fit Sport Mesh Grille Condenser Shield:eBay Motors (item 280383885873 end time Sep-09-09 19:35:37 PDT)

There are quite a few positive feedbacks. Can just put it in place and zip tie it in. I don't even have the license plate holder to remove.
Not a bad price.. but those pictures suck... as far as I can tell from them.. it looks like you zip tie this into the grill.. and you can see the zip ties on the grill if you look.

I'm not a huge stickler for appearance, and I do like a bargain.. but I think I want to go with something a little more aesthetically pleasing for the long-term.

I would come by... but you're seemingly 4 hour away from philly. :O

Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
It's low enough that nobody is even going to see it, except for the roadkill you pass over.

It's got to look at least as good as the gutter guard mesh that some people on the threads are installing over the opening.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I bought a roll 3'x15' of plastic garden mesh (1/4 squares) at Home Depot for $15. I popped the top cover to get inside access, dug the dead bugs and grasshoppers out of the condensor (careful there!)..grasshoppers make BIG dents in the condensor. I cut a 7x31 inch (as I recall) hunk of the mesh and used zip ties to hold it to the back of the grill. I tucked and rolled the corners to get a fit and zipped it in place... black zips and black grill, usually with some road grime and bugs its all invisible.. This was a sloppy fast job and Ill redo it this winter, but I did it at night before a road trip and did the horn replacement in 90 minutes. Next time will be less than thirty and trimmed to fit. Use zips that color match your grill and forget it.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
im trying to get some sidemarkers for my fit does any one know where i can buy some n how to install them?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
I just purchased door visors and a cargo cover for my 2009 Fit. Is there anyone in the Philly area that has installed these that could assist me with install? I'm in Newtown.

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to take it to my mechanic for install.

Thanks!
fun
Hey, it's funny that you ask this, because I just installed both parts yesterday. I got mine OEM from partscheap.com. (Cheapest I could find OEM) If you don't have instructions, they have them on the website so you can look and see if it looks like its something you can do.

The back door visors gave me a the most trouble because you have to take out the rubber channel and install foam padding, and the instructions are a little confusing there, but otherwise it was an easy install.

The cargo cover was a breeze, and I actually like the felt that snaps onto the back of the seats. It will keep anything from falling under that you might keep on top of the cargo cover, and when you put your seats down the felt snaps cleanly off without you having to remove it.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by baylorbro

The back door visors gave me a the most trouble because you have to take out the rubber channel and install foam padding, and the instructions are a little confusing there, but otherwise it was an easy install.
I was looking at the instructions on the visors, thinking about trying to install.

The foam padding section is confusing and one I'm not sure I want to tackle.

What purpose does that foam serve?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 55Fit55

What purpose does that foam serve?
Not entirely sure, though I'd assume it helps with keeping the seal since the clips put pressure on the channel.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 PM
They're both pretty easy and neither requires any unsual tools or power tools.

The cargo cover you use a push-pin to locate the predrilled holes under the seatback upholstery and screw the snaps in with a screwdriver.

The door visors don't require any tools at all, though it's much easier if you get someone to hold the visor while you guide the clips into place. I'm not sure what the weatherstripping actually does. Some have skipped that step and said they had no problems. I thought they were pretty easy to install including the weatherstrips. If you search the GE forum, someone put up helpful pics showing where to put them.

As for sourcing OEM parts, try calling your local dealer and asking about internet price matching to places like Bernardi. It turns out my local dealer (Conicelli) told me they don't price match, but they will let you order online from them and get their "online discount" but do in-store pickup for a small fee (I think it was $6 or so) even though the website says the prices are only good if shipped. So even though their prices are a little higher than Bernardi/College Hills, the price + pickup fee was less than Bernardi + shipping....and no waiting, I ordered in the morning and picked up on my way home from work.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
They're very easy to install... just check the manual or something. I'd help if I were in your area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help With Install