General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I Am Very Very Very Mad !!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned
I Am Very Very Very Mad !!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I was in New York City. I was parked at the side of the street. I was gone for about six hours. When I came back, I saw some dents and chips at the rear bumper, and at the front bumper, my lisence plate was bend and some paint of the number is scrape off. I don't know how New Yorker park their car. They always like to hit the front and rear bumper when they park.

New Yorker need to learn how to park.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
I've never been able to understand why anyone would want to live, work,or drive in Gotham City

Old 05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by tiF adnoH
Country folk need to learn grammar and spelling.
Sorry dude

Last edited by drknife; 05-15-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Master FitFreaker
damn that sucks dude

Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, that sucks. I feel your pain.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey, I live right across the river from NYC. If it's of any comfort be glad your Fit was still there when you got back. Bummer, I feel your pain

Old 05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
I would never take my car into NYC

Old 05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Trailer hitch for the rear and battering ram for the front!

Old 05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
at least your car has scratches and dents, and NOT stolen....

i know you're angry, i would be too, but try to look on the bright side la!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
First of all NYC is a great place. Safest Big city in america. Now as a former New Yorker, who now lives in the burbs raising a family I hear you.
It is a concrete Jungle. I wont take my New Fit into NYC and park on the street. But this bumper bashing can happen anywhere. I have had multiple cars Hit, scraped, bashed, scratched, you name it. Im so sorry for you. it has happened to me hundreds of times. look at all of the bumpers in NYC, they are all scraped. People hustle and parking is a huge issue. In addition, Yes there are many Selfish people in the "me State".
Ny is what you make of it. It offers the best and worst of life.
My Bro in law yesterday wanted to see my New Fit ( we were in Manhattan). I laughed I said this car wont be down here for at leats 2 yrs.
I wasn't kidding. Take care, and on behalf of the savage parkers, I appologise.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
My Fit has been to New York City- But I park at PABT (Port Authority Bus Terminal.) That way, you get sucked into the tunnel when you leave vs. fighting street traffic. And the parking is cheap ($22 vs. $ 50+ on a street lot.) Save your bumpers when you park at PABT, and enjoy The Big Apple.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
whoa, so u got hit by ppl from the front and the back?

sometimes i wish those swedish or european things w/ the flames shoot out to hurt attackers or bad parekrs are legal here.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Yesterday, I was in New York City. I was parked at the side of the street. I was gone for about six hours. When I came back, I saw some dents and chips at the rear bumper, and at the front bumper, my lisence plate was bend and some paint of the number is scrape off. I don't know how New Yorker park their car. They always like to hit the front and rear bumper when they park.

It's very sad... Should be my turn soon! Would I have to kick ass ?

Old 05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
that really blows yo...i mean just how dumb can a person be to hit a parked car

Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by accupix
My Fit has been to New York City- But I park at PABT (Port Authority Bus Terminal.) That way, you get sucked into the tunnel when you leave vs. fighting street traffic. And the parking is cheap ($22 vs. $ 50+ on a street lot.) Save your bumpers when you park at PABT, and enjoy The Big Apple.
At PABT is it self park or valet parking? Also is it safe to leave the car there overnight?

Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
It sad. I'm going to discuss SUVs so if you love SUVs please don't read. :P I've been witness to many hit and runs when driver's of SUVs are trying to park or leave a parking spot. Perhaps they couldn't feel the impact or hear the crunch as their bumper smashed into the back of a 3000gt or even hear me yell at them to stop. They just took off. No note or anything. I love it when they try to parallel park and they hit the car behind them. When they realize their mistake they look for another spot. This time I left a note on the car with the license plate. Sorry to hear about your damages. I would be mad too.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member

NOT ALL NEW YORKERS ARE BAD PARKERS... but i won't park a car in certain neighberhood or very tight spaces, you need to have that much common sense when parking in NYC, it's a "survival of the FITest" city...most of time, you need to park at a garage, but I feel your pain...even I don't park my car in the city, I would take the train in and out....definitely not wit my new fit...and I used some JDM clear bumper protectors on my fit to protect it and garage kept all times.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
What are these clear bumper protectors of which you speak? I was not in NYC but today I just noticed that someone very obviously bumped my rear bumper and the bolt on their license plate indented my paint all the way through. I have no idea exactly where this happened but it's there. I usually leave generous amounts of room for other people for this precise reason but I guess it wasn't enough.

Now about those protectors....maybe it's just too late now.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Parking by feel worked much better when bumpers had big black rub strips on them. Now that they are all painted, bumpers are not really ment for bumping anymore.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
PABT is self park. It is safe, well patrolled. it is comvenient, close to Times Sq., the Javits Convention Center, and the subways & busses (BMT Broadway, IRT # 7, 1,2 & 9, and IND A,C, & E., MTA- M42, M104, M27, & M16.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Am Very Very Very Mad !!!!!!!!