General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What is wrong with a car enthusiast driving a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
What is wrong with a car enthusiast driving a Fit?

ok so I was given some garbage today from a moron who thinks its not ok for a car enthusiast such as my self to drive the Fit... because according to him the Fit sucks, and if I were so into cars i would not drive such a piece of crap... so what I am looking for is some reasons why a car enthusiast WOULD drive a Fit... i have thought of the following so far...practical, well made, fun to drive, handles very well, and made every car authorities top 10 list when it came out? and we can't forget... amazing MPGs....

Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
1. K20 swap.
2. Lots of aftermaket support.
3. Handles good/Fun to drive with good gas mileage.
4. Looks good when lowered with nice wheels.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
i see your from up north... people there are just jerks sometimes man.

move to Florida or California. people think the Fit is like the best car ever made.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:52 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Not for a car enthusiast, eh.

Car & Driver 10 Best List 2008

[...] it’s worth noting that the Fit posted an astonishing speed in our lane-change test (71.4 mph), outhustling pedigreed athletes such as a Ferrari F430 Spider F1 [...]
Car & Driver 10 Best List 2009

If there’s a better combination of thrift, practicality, and fun-to-drive, we haven’t seen it yet.
Car & Driver 10 Best List 2010

The Fit zips through corners with an agile, balanced manner directed by quick and accurate steering. Thick bolsters on the front seats keep occupants comfortable and in place while reinforcing the idea that the Fit is not just an economical car but an entertaining one, too. It is engaging enough to inspire back-road thrusts and parries, but it won’t alert police.

Last edited by wdb; 01-31-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the support but it appears we are all wrong about our cars... an expert says "I love my Honda "Tonka truck" Fit, thats made out of recycled bottle caps and failed dreams of racing..." so guys... i guess our tonkas are really garbage after all... sorry...

Old 01-31-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
I guess for the trash-talker, "car enthusiast" has to automatically equate to big power?

If that's the case how does one explain the enthusiast appeal of the VW Beetle? Or the original 1959-2001 BMC/Rover/Austin Mini? Or the 1964 Lotus Elan? Are those crap cars? Most enthusiasts would argue their merits.

Car enthusiasm can manifest in many many different ways...and it's not as if the Fit is no good as a driver's car, either. If anything, the Fit's LACK of power can even expose a driver's skill, or the lack of it. One can't rely on the engine to cover one's mistakes because the key to driving a Fit quickly is carrying and preserving momentum.

Some people just don't get it. Ignore them.

Last edited by Type 100; 01-31-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
i should point out that this person has no idea about anything car related (if that isn't obvious enough)

Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
And what exactly does this person drive?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
a '92 accord...

Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Next time you see him just agree on all points made and say thank you and move on about your business. Seriously, why care whatsoever what another person thinks about your personal possessions. Are you happy with the things you have purchased and possess? If the answer is yes, then that is all that really matters in the end.

I'm not going to direct this at you, so don't take it that way, but I wish people wouldn't be so damn influenced by other people or cower down and not make decisions for themselves or when they do, quickly change them so they fit in with the masses. Granted I understand wanting to stick up for yourself, but at the same time, if the idiot seems like they will never grasp it, then just forget it. There are definitely more morons roaming the Earth that think they know more than everyone else than there are people with actual intelligence.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
oh i just did this post to get a laugh... we all know the fit rules and thats that!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Wow people still think that way? Does his knuckles still drag on the ground? Maybe an enthusiast drives a Fit because it's all they could afford for now. There is no shame in that. Damn I was an "enthusiast" when I was driving the left over family Pontiac J2000 station wagon that had 3 of 4 working gears and overheated a lot. What's that say about me? LOL! Should have told him the Ferrari was in the shop.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:07 AM
maybe they're upset that they can only afford a 92 accord, and you bought a fit that you could afford. and they are jealous, because they would have bought something else if they had your money, because they are dumb.

i've gotten a lot of fit hate too, and a lot more fit love. I'm in the process of switching though, because my lifestyle has changed a bit since i bought my fit. I'll still always love the cars when i see them, but I'm picking up an Si.

The fit is still one of the best cars you can get right now for the money. I heard the argument a lot that I could have bought a civic for only a little more than the Fit, but i'd never drive a base Civic ever, i'd only go EX. and i never would because i'd want the Si engine. which basically puts you way out of Fit range.

It's a great car, the new ones pick up where the old features in the GD3 lacked, the body style...that's all opinion if its better, but they fixed everything that sucked about the features in the GD3 on the GE8

slap the hater for me

Old 02-01-2010, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
ok so I was given some garbage today from a moron who thinks its not ok for a car enthusiast such as my self to drive the Fit... because according to him the Fit sucks, and if I were so into cars i would not drive such a piece of crap... so what I am looking for is some reasons why a car enthusiast WOULD drive a Fit... i have thought of the following so far...practical, well made, fun to drive, handles very well, and made every car authorities top 10 list when it came out? and we can't forget... amazing MPGs....
You forgot the MOST IMPORTANT reason...

... because you choose to drive a Fit!

It's none of anyone's business what car you drive. It sounds like this moron could be exactly that, a moron! He also sounds like he has one h3ll of an inferiority complex... either that, or he's envious, would like to drive one himself but doesn't have enough confidence to drive a car his insecurities tell him whatever negatives he's made himself believe about the Fit.

I mean really... who cares what he thinks? Let him do/say whatever he wants. Enjoy your choices in life... even the choice to drive a Fit.

Another of life's bullies looking for his next victim in order to try and cover his own lack of self-confidence and whatever else he may lack.

Funny thing, if I felt that about someone's car, or anything else for that matter, I wouldn't say it to them. Life's tough enough without bringing more potential problems down on people. 90% of the time people like him have so many problems they feel the need to bring others down to their own lower levels of existence. I guess misery really does love company... as the saying goes.

You have a great Fit... just enjoy it.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Thats funny, I came from a modified 92 Accord, in stock form they're about the same as far as speed/quickness, however the Fit in stock form handles without a doubt far better than the Accord, and that was even with a Neuspeed spring/koni set up, sway bars, strut bars... From experience most CB7 owners feel that they have a superior car than most, but to be honest there is nothing special about them.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast: I drive my Fit enthusiastically. Don't see how there is any car that is un-fit for any self-described enthusiast. I've seen videos of people racing the old turbo'ed Dodge Caravans...

I haven't gotten any crap from anyone, though I do love the incredulous stares I get when I've got some large object I'm about to stuff in the back of it and the even more incredulous stares when it all disappears inside.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Imagine what it is like being 2 weeks from your 60th birthday and having some young half wit tell you your car looks like rice because it isn't lowered, has Mugen type vent visors and louvers on the hood to cool your super charged engine..... Anyone that doesn't understand why the Fit appeals to automobile enthusiast isn't an automobile enthusiast so don't worry about their opinions.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
It beat a Ferrari in the slalom...can his car say that?

The last car I've driven that was as fun as the fit was a hachi, these things are great.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
oh i just did this post to get a laugh... we all know the fit rules and thats that!
well maybe use some emoticons (smiles) next time

Cause folks are pouring energy into helping you out, taking your post as serious.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i notice this from a lot of folks that are insecure. they comment that the Fit is not a car for carguys. it's more about their own personal problems than anything else.

although i will say FitS would not be my choice if it was going to be my only car, it does serve its purpose at a pocket change price.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with a car enthusiast driving a Fit?