General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Which Fit is fit for me??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Which Fit is fit for me??!?!?!

So currently I am driving a '97 Honda Accord LX which I like and have driven for about 5 years but I'm a little bored of it. I never did any mods to it because I didn't expect to keep it very long.

So Now I am looking to get a new car and I'm stuck. I have always loved Honda so that made things a little easier. I do very much like the Mini Cooper S but its a little too expensive for me especially since i would want the JCW version.

Therefor I have decided on the honda fit. my big problem however is that I cannot decide between the 07-08 body style and the newer 09-10 style.

The more I think about it the more I cannot decide, so someone please help me. I will definitely want to add a body kit, carbon hood and hatch, rims, and lights. And I know there is not much for the newer styling.

Give me your ideas!

If I wait any longer I might as well go with the anticipated CR-Z but its so much smaller and I hate that it focus is no longer sporty, but in fact eco.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
GD vs GE eh?

The older GD has more performance mods available for it if that's your kind of thing...but the GE is slightly bigger and more comfortable.

Both are good cars though.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Type 100
GD vs GE eh?

The older GD has more performance mods available for it if that's your kind of thing...but the GE is slightly bigger and more comfortable.

Both are good cars though.
I will take that into consideration. I will definitely want to add performance modifications, but firstly i would like exterior mods which correct me if im wrong, but there are a heck of a lot more for the older gd models than the ge

Last edited by burnedrock129; 02-26-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Check out JDP on this forum...they make awesome looking carbon fiber pieces for the GE.

What in particular as far as exterior mods are you looking for?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Check out JDP on this forum...they make awesome looking carbon fiber pieces for the GE.

What in particular as far as exterior mods are you looking for?
I want to wrap it in a full body kit, carbon hood and hatch, rims, spoiler, tinting, maybe some neons

Old 02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by burnedrock129
I want to wrap it in a full body kit, carbon hood and hatch, rims, spoiler, tinting, maybe some neons
Oh dear god.

Well, umm ok. Let's see here.

If you want a full body kit for a GE, check out the Mugen Kit (it's really a lip kit but totally changes things. JDP makes rear diffuser, front lip and CF spoiler (that is larger and more angular). Other than that, I believe the majority of "full kit"--consisting of a full new front bumper, skirts and rear bumper--you are best looking at the GD. Unless you want to go full swap with a GE to JDM Specs...while difficult and pricey, it is NICE looking!

Onto the hood...available on GE soon through JDP.
Hatch, I'm not sure.

Rims...both of them have ample selection available that would look sweet.

Spoiler--many versions for both

Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by burnedrock129
I will take that into consideration. I will definitely want to add performance modifications, but firstly i would like exterior mods which correct me if im wrong, but there are a heck of a lot more for the older gd models than the ge
The statement about there being more mods for the GD than the GE is just about NOT the case any longer. Matter of fact, there are now a few things available for the GE that are NOT available for the GD.

You can Supercharge or Turbo your GD... no Supercharger or Turbo for the GE, yet. From what I understand, if I'm remembering correctly, there are both for the GE in other countries -- there are YouTube videos of people in Taiwan with turbos. Not completely sure about a Supercharger though.

Other than that, there are quite a lot of mods available for the GE now. So just in case you may be led to believe mods for the GE are completely few and far between, I can assure you they're not. It really all depends on what kind of mods you're looking to do right at this time.

Good luck with the decision.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Oh dear god.

Well, umm ok. Let's see here.

If you want a full body kit for a GE, check out the Mugen Kit (it's really a lip kit but totally changes things. JDP makes rear diffuser, front lip and CF spoiler (that is larger and more angular). Other than that, I believe the majority of "full kit"--consisting of a full new front bumper, skirts and rear bumper--you are best looking at the GD. Unless you want to go full swap with a GE to JDM Specs...while difficult and pricey, it is NICE looking!

Onto the hood...available on GE soon through JDP.
Hatch, I'm not sure.

Rims...both of them have ample selection available that would look sweet.

Spoiler--many versions for both

Cool, thanks dude, do you have any links for where to get those parts?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Get the GE, its fresh and will have better resale value since its newer. I like my GD better because of the refresh mode, user friendly controls and I also like the syling(The GE styling is good too). I heard that the GE seats a comfotable compared to the GD's.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I would like to say up front that I love Honda's myself, however, Honda's lineup lately is pretty blah. There are some solid cars but nothing exciting, and they almost require tuning and modding which kinda sucks on a new car.

If I had the money I would be considering VW GTI, VW Golf TDI, Audi A3 TFSI (or diesel), Subaru WRX Impreza, or Lancer Ralliart.

Yes they cost more, but some deliver AWD, and all deliver quite alot more power and torque than our little Fit. So you pay a 5-10 grand price premium.... You are gonna get more out of paying up front than buying the same value in parts to get 20 HP out of a Fit. But what about the mileage? Diesel.

Diesels such as VW Golf TDI, or Audi A3 TDI (same engine as far as I know, Same tranny available) get better mileage than the Fit yet deliver solid acceleration and great torque.

If you are not concerned about the mileage so much consider AWD. Its gonna handle great and be better bang for your buck. But expect like 27 Hwy MPG with the more potent AWD cars. Is it worth it? Hell yeah, thats like what I get in my 91 Accord, and you will get a good 100 more HP and AWD.

Unless you are into tuning that much, then mod (rice?) your car, but honestly its better value to just get a more expensive car up front. Especially from what you describe, thats alot of money to consider above and beyond they new car cost.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Konservative; 02-27-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Konservative
I would like to say up front that I love Honda's myself, however, Honda's lineup lately is pretty blah. There are some solid cars but nothing exciting, and they almost require tuning and modding which kinda sucks on a new car.

If I had the money I would be considering VW GTI, VW Golf TDI, Audi A3 TFSI (or diesel), Subaru WRX Impreza, or Lancer Ralliart.

Yes they cost more, but some deliver AWD, and all deliver quite alot more power and torque than our little Fit. So you pay a 5-10 grand price premium.... You are gonna get more out of paying up front than buying the same value in parts to get 20 HP out of a Fit. But what about the mileage? Diesel.

Diesels such as VW Golf TDI, or Audi A3 TDI (same engine as far as I know, Same tranny available) get better mileage than the Fit yet deliver solid acceleration and great torque.

If you are not concerned about the mileage so much consider AWD. Its gonna handle great and be better bang for your buck. But expect like 27 Hwy MPG with the more potent AWD cars. Is it worth it? Hell yeah, thats like what I get in my 91 Accord, and you will get a good 100 more HP and AWD.

Unless you are into tuning that much, then mod (rice?) your car, but honestly its better value to just get a more expensive car up front. Especially from what you describe, thats alot of money to consider above and beyond they new car cost.

My 2 cents.
I appreciate the input and this is my opinion on all of that. I like the vw's but i feel they are overpriced for what u get. and the mileage is not that much better on the diesel to go radical like that. I do mostly city type driving so thats the number i look at and the diesel golf city epa is meager at best. Plus the resale value of a honda compared to a vw is like comparing platinum to aluminum foil. Personally i cant stand subaru so im not even going there. and the mitsu ralliart is 12grand more than the avg price of the new fit. and any mods im doing are going to run me 5000 or less so im still under the price of yet another hiked up msrp. a car as small and light as a fit doesnt need alot of hp so im not concerned with tons of it because if i can smoke people at a light in my 97 accord with stock everything im pretty sure new tech wont be worse. Lastly, fwd ftw. thats all i have to say.

for future posts, i just need a decision between the gd and ge model. please no suggestions on other cars completely. the only other car id ever get besides this is the MCS or MCCS with JCW added on. but thats already ruled out on cost.

thanks again!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM
If you have any concern for reliability, the VW/Audi/Subaru recommendation holds no water.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

if you want a bodykit/neons/etc. don't ruin a Fit

1995 Ford Probe

ftmfw

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM
^ damn right. Bowkr

GE is good if u plan on keeping it stock power wise.
GD Is great for the tuner, but less comfortable but so many options for power..

I've had both, and I really miss my GD now that I'm thinking of selling my Turbo Civic. . It sucks that the k swap in the GE isn't out yet (who knows if it ever will be )

Last edited by hondaFORlife; 02-27-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
i would say test drive them both, get a feel of both generations then make a final decision...

Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Do put bodykits it will look ridiculous you can add a lip kit or maybe a noblesse bodykit... And if you really wanna rice it out get a GE!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089

I'm not a fan of domestic automobiles but this probe is nice and would not mind driving it.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Lol @ the Probe

Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Before I bought my Fit I was deciding on getting the gd or wait for the ge to come out. I decided on the gd since it have more mods available. The 2 years production mean there will be less gd on the road.
If you want new then ge since you can only get the gd used.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Zangoose makes a good point... I probably should test both out but even if I like the gd im probably gonna have a peev about it not being new. Ive had used cars forever and really want something thats just been mine from factory to dealer to driveway. lol idk just something im looking forward to.

Lol and the probe?! no offence but after the nightmares of a 95 ford taurus, i am never buying a domestic ever again unless its a late 60's to early 70's american muscle like a 69gto or 70gsx haha.. but nice effort on the push there lol.

Im blown away by all your guys unique fit's and everything youve done to them it just makes me want it so bad. I am just hoping that if i go with ge there will be enough options out there for bodykits etc. Ive seen the nobleese and i dont really like it, and ive seen the mugen kit provided through honda but thats more of a lip kit. I just want something pretty damn cool that doesnt require me to do jdm convert.

If you guys have any links for usdm ge kits out there right now please share.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which Fit is fit for me??!?!?!