General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Experience with dings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Experience with dings?

Hey, Fitski just recently suffered a ding from what looks like a rock. I imagine it was tossed up by a lawnmower seeing as how my car hasn't moved in two days and I doubt that anyone would chunk a rock at my car.

The size of the affected area is roughly the same size as a quarter, with paint missing in the middle. I'll let the pics do most of the talking here, but what I really want to know is if anyone else has had any experience fixing these types of dings, how it turned out, and about how much it cost to repair??

Thanks
Craig

I JUST spent two days last week detailing the thing, too.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
OUCH! that sucks! all my dings are from @$$hole soccer moms in giant SUV's that have no regard for anything.... the two days of detailing paid off... car looks great. now for the bad news, you are prob. lookin at several hundred to get it looking like new again.... body work is VERY expensive and unless you want a crap job they will need to repaint a decent chunk of the car to blend the paint.... too bad i took paint off paintless dent removal is real cheap....

Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
You're probably looking at having the whole door repainted to get a paint blend. That's the trouble with pearls and metallics. Last year I crumpled the front fender and had to have it replaced. To blend the paint, the body shop also painted the passenger door. I wasn't expecting that, but it turned out really nice.

If it were me, I'd TRY paintless dent removal first. Once the dent was out, I'd try touching up the chip like I'd touch up any other chip and see if I could live with it. If not, you can always get the door repainted later.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
probably a newb question, but what's the best way to get rid of clear coat scratches? got a couple of dings in my hood, but no paint came off. it's just annoying that it's not silky smooth like the rest of the car. any product suggestions? will a good wax do the trick? i know nothing lol

Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
wax wont help clear coat scratches or chips... you need a polishing compound to minimize them meguiers makes a 3-step system that is pretty good at clearing minor blemishes, check them out....