General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fits trickling into US...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Fits trickling into US...

I commute to work in NYC on NJ transit bus which passes by an overpass on NJ Turnpike that overlooks the holding area for new cars before they are shipped out to the car dealers. Thousands of cars occupy this enormous lot and I assume these are the cars imported into the port of NY (actually in Elizabeth, NJ) which are then grounded and held here until they are shipped out to respective dealers. This sight also has a rail yard usually filled with double decker car transport railcars so Idon’t know if cars are also brought here by rail or vice versa.

Anyway, I pass by this yard 5 days a week on my commute back home and get to glimpse at the trucks being loaded with new arrivals. For the past few days, I have seen numerous fits sitting on the lot and some sitting on the auto transport trailers. Yesterday, I even saw a red one loaded on a truck that was rolling out. Seing that it was the only one loaded on that truck with Odysseys and Accords, this dealer must not have much allocation of the fits. I was thinking to myself that red one was going to make someone a very happy Fit owner

They are finally starting to come little by little but I have a feeling I will be waiting a bit longer on mine as supply is still short in NorthernNJ.

Last edited by ysspo; 05-26-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Fits

Honda of Yonkers had One in stock...

Old 05-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by postman
Honda of Yonkers had One in stock...
I think it's gone. At 3 PM today I drove away from there in my Lunar Mist Fit! While I was signing stuff, the guy told me there are 5 people on their Fit waiting list.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Fit is go -- just not for me

I contacted 21 dealers in the state of Washington and most were sold out. The few I found were either the wrong model or color and were usually overpriced. I made the mistake of sitting in a Civic EX and was so impressed I went to the same 21 dealers and had a similar problem finding one. I eventually found one 3 hours away, signed a purchase agreement on-line and brought it home yesterday. I figure that once a year I might not be able to haul something in it but the rest of the time I will be driving in the lap of luxury.

I learned a lot visiting this site. Hope everyone gets fit to be tied

Old 05-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I,m gonna have a Fit

Well people we can wait for the Swift I keep getting these calls from Toyota and they are giving me a real good Trade in deal Maybe a Scion or Yaris????

Old 05-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Seider
I contacted 21 dealers in the state of Washington and most were sold out. The few I found were either the wrong model or color and were usually overpriced. I made the mistake of sitting in a Civic EX and was so impressed I went to the same 21 dealers and had a similar problem finding one. I eventually found one 3 hours away, signed a purchase agreement on-line and brought it home yesterday. I figure that once a year I might not be able to haul something in it but the rest of the time I will be driving in the lap of luxury.

I learned a lot visiting this site. Hope everyone gets fit to be tied
all the washington dealers seem to have a mutual agreement to sell at $2000 over msrp.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by bani
all the washington dealers seem to have a mutual agreement to sell at $2000 over msrp.
Very possible

Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Congratulation on your civic. That is a nice ride. The arrival of the fit helped its looks too. The Civic looks too nice to be at the bottom of the line up. Really sharp when people dress them in wheels and tint.

My mom, who is 80 years young, is going to check out a red Fit. If the civic is as easy to get in and out of as the Fit, I bet she would take the civic. I hope she gets the Fit, but they are both great cars. Enjoy your new ride!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Civic

I'm starting to feel the same about hauling things around Chuck.....My son has a Subaru Wagon that I can use Don't know if I can hold off very much longer I'm not going to get Beat by some Dealer 2,000 over List

Old 05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i passed by a dealer near where i live and they had 3 i believe, quick glimpse while i was passing by... too bad i already have my fit other wise i would have been happy.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I went by my dealer today to get the all-weather floormats and a tailpipe cover (they were busy, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to get them installed). While I was there, I took a spin around the lot out back. To my surprise, they had 5 Fits (Blaze Orange, Milano Red, Vivid Blue, Storm Silver and Nighthawk Black). All but the Orange looked like they had just arrived and hadn't been dealer prepped yet. The Blaze Orange was out front and a couple was looking at it. I guess the Fits are starting to be more plentiful. I didn't have a chance to stop and look at the price of the Orange Fit. When I got my car April 20th, the manager said they would be marking them up as much as $800 over MSRP because the demand was so high. But now that the Fits are in stock, I wonder if the price will drop pretty quick.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by switchbrdopr
I went by my dealer today to get the all-weather floormats and a tailpipe cover (they were busy, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to get them installed). While I was there, I took a spin around the lot out back. To my surprise, they had 5 Fits (Blaze Orange, Milano Red, Vivid Blue, Storm Silver and Nighthawk Black). All but the Orange looked like they had just arrived and hadn't been dealer prepped yet. The Blaze Orange was out front and a couple was looking at it. I guess the Fits are starting to be more plentiful. I didn't have a chance to stop and look at the price of the Orange Fit. When I got my car April 20th, the manager said they would be marking them up as much as $800 over MSRP because the demand was so high. But now that the Fits are in stock, I wonder if the price will drop pretty quick.
dang, thats crazy.. i wish my dealer get theirs already so i could get mine. I'm first on the list. it seems as is everyone else is getting theirs already.. i'm lonely without my fit

Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by switchbrdopr
What dealer was that? I want one

Old 06-02-2006, 05:55 PM
hmm mine was in stock, but I bought it apr 29. I had to search around since my local dealer was trying to put ALL available accessories on it, when i just wanted mats. I wound up going to another place who needed to make the month end quota, had a black sport m/t and wasnt going to make me buy anything i didnt want. They even took a personal check of 7,000 for the down payment! It was a really smooth transaction.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew
What dealer was that? I want one
Koons Honda in Manassas, VA.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Master FitFreaker
hope that would be my shipment hahaha

Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM
my mom got the civic ex, red with light interior. She checked out the fit, said it was really pretty good. The civic was just more up scale and refined, nicer inside, she probably liked the sunroof too.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by thatsmycall
my mom got the civic ex, red with light interior. She checked out the fit, said it was really pretty good. The civic was just more up scale and refined, nicer inside, she probably liked the sunroof too.
Yep the civic has a much better dash and interior. The extra HP are nice too.

Civic EX vs Fit

Old 06-04-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by ysspo
They are finally starting to come little by little but I have a feeling I will be waiting a bit longer on mine as supply is still short in NorthernNJ.
I got mine at Garden State Honda in Clifton- how about you? They told me it should come in by the end of the month (base model, silver) but I don't trust these guys. I think they'd tell me anything. The oddest thing of all, was that I put the deposit down to secure the car, and literally a day later I get a call from a guy at the dealer that I never dealt with. He says, so you had an appointment to test drive the Fit, just wanted to call to see how it went. Um, duh! I'm buying the car! How do you think it went? So I'm a little nervous with these guys now.