General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit ranked among 10 Hardest to Get Cars in the US

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Fit ranked among 10 Hardest to Get Cars in the US

America's Hardest-To-Get Cars - Forbes.com

this article seems full of it-- I can't imagine a Dodge Charger- hard to get. Subaru Legacy either. The Fit is only hard to get if you want a certain configuration or color. I agree on the Audis

Old 06-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Or a manual transmission

Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Not hard to get at all, mine is always right there in the driveway when i need it! LOL
I bought mine in June of 08 at the pinnacle of the 5.00$ p/gallon gas hysteria, it can't be worse than that.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I know the manual was hard to get towards the end of February when I got mine, I was even willing to drive within a 250 mile radius of the greater Chicagoland area to pick it up myself if they'd found one for me but there were none available, or so my salesman said

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Lol charger... Cause all the cops bought them for work.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
I wanted a Fit Sport M/T. Blue? No. Black? No. Red? No. White? No. Grey? No. None of these within a several hundred mile radius. I ended up buying a Blackberry Pearl with an annoying (very small though) stripe below the windows, because it was the only choice.

It has grown on me though

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
When I went to buy my Fit, the salesman said, "Ok, which one you want?" (and pointed)

Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I had to wait a month to get a Tidewater Blue--there were none for 300 mile radius, but could have gotten white, silver or red easily.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Where we bought our fit they were not selling fast. We took a 2009 model new that was in stock (DX-A M/T), choice of grey or black. It was in March 2010, Toyota or most other brands had no 2009 since like 4-5 months.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Bowkr
I wanted a Fit Sport M/T. Blue? No. Black? No. Red? No. White? No. Grey? No. None of these within a several hundred mile radius. I ended up buying a Blackberry Pearl with an annoying (very small though) stripe below the windows, because it was the only choice.

It has grown on me though
You should be able to remove the pinstripe fairly easily with a hair dryer, some basic tools and a bit of patience.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
ehhhh i kinda beleive it, they don't assemble the fit here in the US, so theres no way they can have enough numbers to meet up to demands.

hopefully honda will get a hint and start mass producing it here.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
The Fit, Yaris and Scion are all still made in Japan for the US market. I dont think Honda and Toyota corporate leaders trust that we will buy enough of them to justify another factory, and they may be right. Civics and Corollas sell in an order of magnitude more volume. I think Ford is taking a big risk with the Fiesta, and VW, if they start selling the Polo over here. Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota and Nissan also offer a sedan, not just hatch, for the US market. American Honda seems a lot more interested in moving Accords, which probably are a lot more profit per unit.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I believe it, I'm having a hard time finding even just a m/t sport. tons of a/t base fits though!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I just bought a 2009 Fit Sport this past weekend and I was lucky to find it. I live on Long Island, a place that usually doesn't want for anything. But I couldn't find a Fit anywhere around here for a while. The first two dealers I went to didn't have any in stock, one had just sold a used Fit. Upon further research I discovered only 4 Fits within 2 hours of driving and they were base models in colors I really disliked.

I completely lucked out when I called a dealer a second time to see if they had any and it happened to be within an hour or so of them putting out a semi-used 2009 Fit Sport with only 8000 miles on it. I pretty much raced there to buy it.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I always look at the used car ads just to see what is out there and believe it or not the local Chevy dealership had a 2007 SSM Honda Fit Sport. It had been priced at $14,000.00 but was reduced to $12,699.00 - the car has not been in the paper since then. I am sure it sold fast! That is the first used Fit I have ever seen or advertise on any used lot.

Cat :x

Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I too have noticed it is hard to get a Sport with a manual transmission. Certain color combos are hard to come by. Regardless, they are out there you just have to expend more energy in a search.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I wonder if it's a function of Honda's perception of demand or if dealers just assume folks want an auto. I bought my Fit in Feb 2009 and I had my pick of 20 Fit Sport autos or 2 manual base models, lol! I am pretty sure I would have probably still gone auto since the paddle shifters give you a bit of that m/t control. But I would at least have liked to try one out. I have never had a chance to row the gears in a Honda.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bkrell
Yeah I wonder if it's a function of Honda's perception of demand or if dealers just assume folks want an auto. I bought my Fit in Feb 2009 and I had my pick of 20 Fit Sport autos or 2 manual base models, lol! I am pretty sure I would have probably still gone auto since the paddle shifters give you a bit of that m/t control. But I would at least have liked to try one out. I have never had a chance to row the gears in a Honda.
It's pretty obvious that most manufacturers and dealers assume that we Americans are lazy and shiftless, that we refuse to shift for ourselves, and that we don't give a shift.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by dontaskbrad
I just bought a 2009 Fit Sport this past weekend and I was lucky to find it. I live on Long Island, a place that usually doesn't want for anything. But I couldn't find a Fit anywhere around here for a while. The first two dealers I went to didn't have any in stock, one had just sold a used Fit. Upon further research I discovered only 4 Fits within 2 hours of driving and they were base models in colors I really disliked.

I completely lucked out when I called a dealer a second time to see if they had any and it happened to be within an hour or so of them putting out a semi-used 2009 Fit Sport with only 8000 miles on it. I pretty much raced there to buy it.
15 Fits at the local dealership (All automatics)
10 Fits at the dealership in Salinas (3 MTs)
21 Fits at the dealership in Santa Cruz (1 MT)
8 Fits at the dealership in Gilroy (all automatics)

That's all the dealerships within about a 45 minute drive. 54 Fits... Maybe it's a local shortage of some kind. These things are multiplying like rabbits out here!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
15 Fits at the local dealership (All automatics)
10 Fits at the dealership in Salinas (3 MTs)
21 Fits at the dealership in Santa Cruz (1 MT)
8 Fits at the dealership in Gilroy (all automatics)

That's all the dealerships within about a 45 minute drive. 54 Fits... Maybe it's a local shortage of some kind. These things are multiplying like rabbits out here!
had worst numbers in North Carolina supposely when i was buying mine.. supposely according to the "dealership" they said out of like 5 states all close to NC there were only 1 or 2 Honda Fit's in Manual that were white. But i was just figuring that they said that so they could lead me on to how "hard it was" to get my car.

Quick Reply: Fit ranked among 10 Hardest to Get Cars in the US