General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Wiper Noise Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Wiper Noise Update

I took my Fit to the dealer today to have them check on the wiper noise (scraping sound) that my wipers have been making since Day 1. They changed the blades - no luck. The noise is still there. The service guy said he had to contact Honda since it's under warranty. He said they could either replace the entire wipers or possibly the wiper motor if they have to. He's supposed to get back to me.
While I was there I showed him my door ding I found on Sunday. They went ahead and special ordered some touch-up paint for me, but they have a guy that comes to the dealer twice a week to repair dents and dings. Since there is a small ding (not just a paint chip) I'm going to call and set up an appt. The service guy said this place is really good. Unfortunately, I have no idea on the price.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Sucks to hear about your scraping sound of the wipers, hopefully the dealer takes good care of you. As for me... my stupid passenger side wiper keeps on skipping. Its soo darn annoying! And i didn't have time to bring it to the dealer yet....

Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
switchbrdopr - keep us updated on this. Mine definitely sound like sandpaper. It hasn't rained my way in a while so I'm hoping the sound will be gone next time I need them. :-) Let us know what it took to get them quiet.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Definite skipping on my passenger side, also. Blade almost looks like it is laying over from inside when it is on, but seems OK when you look at it when wipers are off.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
When I have my wipers on, at a stop, with my foot on the break, I can feel a little pulse or bump, when the wiper returns from the top of its motion, through the brake peddle. That's funny, right. Must be pretty tight in there with the armature and all, a lot of tourque from the wiper motor. Probably just needs little adjustment on one of the pieces...

Old 06-11-2006, 01:04 PM
my rear wiper is a little wonky sounding. no problems with the front ones though.

not crazy about the wipe pattern in the rear...but I guess with the dimensions of the window they did the best they could...

Old 06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
not crazy about the wipe pattern in the rear...but I guess with the dimensions of the window they did the best they could...
Yeah, it seems almost like it was designed for a driver sitting on the right side of the car... haha, maybe they forgot to reverse this along with the vanity mirror thing.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking was the deal on that. I'm like "well if the passenger turns around and wants to see out the back, I guess they're set"....wtg Honda

Old 06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey SWITCHBRDOPR did you have quiet wipers in all this rain? Just wondering what it took to get them quiet. Mine started skipping/chattering over the weekend (and continued to sound like sand paper). I went to the autoparts store and just got some regular style replacements (Bosch). They are super smooth and quiet. I guess the Honda design was poor or something.

I think it's interesting that not many people said they had any issues with theirs, but we both did and we live in the same area...

Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have noticed quite a bit of noise when its rainning and I have the wipers on.. perhaps I will take it in for that.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Yea I have this same problem. It skips the whole time its on the windshield.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I too have noticed the skip or "shuttering" on occasion in the wiper movement. It even shows in the remaining water pattern on the windshield after the wiper goes by...

Old 06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
After talking to Honda, my tech called to say they wanted him to replace the wiper motor. I took my Fit in to make arrangements to have the wiper motor replaced. The service manager came over and said he could solve my problem right then. He took my car back and waxed the windshield. Well, this helped for about an hour, then the scraping continued.
Now I am waiting for the wiper motor to come in. It should be in this week, but I'll probably wait until next week to take my Fit in since I'm off work next week. And it's forecast to rain all week!

Originally Posted by honda07fit
Hey SWITCHBRDOPR did you have quiet wipers in all this rain? Just wondering what it took to get them quiet. Mine started skipping/chattering over the weekend (and continued to sound like sand paper). I went to the autoparts store and just got some regular style replacements (Bosch). They are super smooth and quiet. I guess the Honda design was poor or something.

I think it's interesting that not many people said they had any issues with theirs, but we both did and we live in the same area...

Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
mine too!! it happens with the passenger side wiper blade...skips and makes that nasty noise...This must be a defective production and honda need to know about this...

Old 06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
lol your manager is a douche nugget.. just looking for an easy fix.. what an ASS

Old 06-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I have always replaced my honda wipers with another brand from the start.I have owned four honda cars and the honda wipers were really bad on all of them.Try switching brands and I bet it will help.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by mordock
I have always replaced my honda wipers with another brand from the start.I have owned four honda cars and the honda wipers were really bad on all of them.Try switching brands and I bet it will help.
Suggestions on replacements? Thnx!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I've had good luck with Anco wipers.Honda wipers have always given me problems.Honda makes great cars,but can't seem to make a decent windshield wiper.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by NCFit
Suggestions on replacements? Thnx!
For the left I bought the Bosch Excel 22 in. and for the right I got a Trico 14 in. (I can't find a Bosch anywhere in that size). The right side is really 16 in. but Honda didn't mount the arm in the center of the blade so a 16 won't fit - it rubs the side of the windshield, so I had to drop down to a 14.

We've had a ton of rain and all I can say about my new blades is that they are pure buttah

Old 06-27-2006, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
If I'm correct, the noise the wipers make, is it like the rubber rubbing against the windscreen?

If so, could just be your wipers greasy. Just wipe the blade with vinegar and it should go away.

Quick Reply: Wiper Noise Update