Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   You learn something new every day (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/6013-you-learn-something-new-every-day.html)

switchbrdopr 06-10-2006 10:40 PM

You learn something new every day

OK, I'm slow. After six weeks, I just discovered today that you can lock/unlock the hatchback using the door locks on the driver's side door. I found out by accident while loading stuff in the back end today. And I complained for the first week or so that there was no way to do this like you could with my last two Civics. I hated having to get my key out to lock/unlock the back end. I guess I should read my owner's manual more carefully. :rolleyes:

Bill L 06-11-2006 01:11 AM

That's a feature on the Sport version; the base Fits have a keyhole in the tailgate like the front doors do.

b17gsr 06-11-2006 09:31 AM

Owner's manual states it works on all models with power door locks.

dougiepants 06-11-2006 11:40 AM

Thank god I have the Sports model...

oOo LinDa 06-11-2006 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by dougiepants

I couldn't agree more..

aziatiklover 06-11-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dougiepants

yea that;)

choro72 06-11-2006 02:13 PM

I have a base and I can unlock the Hatch with the driver's side lock...I've actually never used that lock that's directly on the hatch.

DewaltDakota 06-11-2006 03:03 PM

While I like this feature, I can't believe that they eliminated the manual key lock on the passenger side and hatch on the Sport. What if your car's battery is dead?

spreadhead 06-11-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
What if your car's battery is dead?

You unlock them from inside the car (see page 81 of the owners manual for directions for unlocking the hatch from inside).

Ah Ed 06-11-2006 04:40 PM

i think if your car battery is dead u'd have a bigger problem than unlocking your hatch? just a thought

Virtual 06-11-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ah Ed
i think if your car battery is dead u'd have a bigger problem than unlocking your hatch? just a thought

Yeah but those other problems are hard to fix if you keep your tools in the hatch.:p

switchbrdopr 06-11-2006 07:00 PM

While I like this feature, I can't believe that they eliminated the manual key lock on the passenger side and hatch on the Sport. What if your car's battery is dead?

Good point!

GoFit 06-11-2006 07:37 PM

What if your car's battery is dead?

I'd delete the drivers keyhole too for a smoother look. :D

Anyway, i think even if the cars battery can't turn the engine, it will however have enough juice to power lock/unlock the doors.

gimme 06-11-2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Virtual
Yeah but those other problems are hard to fix if you keep your tools in the hatch.:p

that's why there are 60/40 split fold down seats :D

cdnrsx 06-11-2006 08:29 PM

It's too bad they did not use the same system as the RSX. If the front doors to the RSX are unlocked the hatch is as well. All you need to do is pull the handle and lift. Great system, honda should have used it with the rest of their cars.

b17gsr 06-11-2006 09:51 PM

It does work that way. If you unlock the Sport from the remote, even the hatch is unlocked. If you unlock the driver's door on the US base or CDN LX and hit the power door unlock, the hatch unlocks.

cdnrsx 06-12-2006 12:08 AM

My bad. That is good to here though. Obviosly I have not spent enough time with the Fit yet.

sillypuddy 06-12-2006 06:47 AM

what would be nice is for them to put in the system from the TSX.. hold the unlock button and the windows roll down.. hold the lock button and the windows roll up if they are down

-joe

Edwood 06-12-2006 01:48 PM

While it is nice to have a clean look, I would've preferred to have the rear keyhole in the Sport.

Because you I'm sure the power locks will never ever fail or have problems. :rolleyes:

hatchgeek 06-12-2006 08:24 PM

I can't believe that they eliminated the manual key lock on the passenger side and hatch on the Sport.

Thank god I have the base.:rolleyes: