General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Talk me in/out of getting back into a Fit

Old 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Talk me in/out of getting back into a Fit

I had purchased an 07 Fit Sport A/T brand new. I enjoyed the car, but grew tired of the A/T (no M/T were availabe at the time). I was getting horrible gas mileage...I averaged mid 20's with mixed city/hwy driving. I traded it for another car which I recently sold. I have a truck and a Subaru 2.5RS now. I'm thinking about tracking the 2.5RS so I'm considering a better DD.

I've been looking at new and used cars lately and I found an 09 Taffeta White Fit Sport M/T with Nav for $13.9k at a stealership (they won't go any lower). It seems like a great deal and it's not too far away.

Please help talk me back in or out of going back to a Fit. I've done some limited research and it seems like the new gen Fits have added some nice features. I also like the looks a bit more as well.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 01-21-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if you're getting a fit and want a fun ride, make sure you get the MT.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I call my fit the swagger wagon 2.0, that is all.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I had purchased an 07 Fit Sport A/T brand new. I enjoyed the car, but grew tired of the A/T (no M/T were availabe at the time). I was getting horrible gas mileage...I averaged mid 20's with mixed city/hwy driving. I traded it for another car which I recently sold. I have a truck and a Subaru 2.5RS now. I'm thinking about tracking the 2.5RS so I'm considering a better DD.

I've been looking at new and used cars lately and I found an 09 Taffeta White Fit Sport M/T with Nav for $13.9k at a stealership (they won't go any lower). It seems like a great deal and it's not too far away.

Please help talk me back in or out of going back to a Fit. I've done some limited research and it seems like the new gen Fits have added some nice features. I also like the looks a bit more as well.

Thanks!
Buy the M/T Fit. Use it to DD and ferry parts for the EJ25 from the shop/machinist when the truck is not needed.

That is what I am doing.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
What other cars are you considering?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:01 PM
^ crucial to the in or out. also, budget.

I paid $16k for my fit sport brand new for the 0.9 financing with trunk tray, wheel locks, tint and floor mats. but I needed to take a loan out.

if you're not paying cash, and need to take out a loan, consider the amount of money you're going to spend in interest over 5 years or so on the used fit. when i was considering getting a used 2008 Si that calculation made the fit a very easy decision because interest rates on used cars tend to be kinda shitty.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I like mine. Sounds like a nice car. The price seems reasonable, too. I wouldn't sell mine for that but maybe that's all they bring.

Cheers.

PS--priced fuel lately? Good time for getting Fit.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
I like mine. Sounds like a nice car. The price seems reasonable, too. I wouldn't sell mine for that but maybe that's all they bring.

Cheers.

PS--priced fuel lately? Good time for getting Fit.
Yep the gas prices went over $3 again. So Fit is perfect. Sometimes I feel like getting a nicer car but it makes me smile when I reach the gas station and look at the miles I have put on my Fit in the last tank. I enjoy the Fit and I can go to places for less.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Who over the internet can talk you in or out of a purchase? This IS Fit Freak, so of course most opinions are going to be Pro-Fit....

I love the Fit...I have a 2010....

You say the "dealership" is not far away? Have you physically looked at the vehicle? The first step would be a unattached and unemotional as possible look at the vehicle and test drive.

You might be given your answer immediately after driving it around the block.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Thumbs up

T/C is now standard on all 11' models

Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Buy the M/T Fit. Use it to DD and ferry parts for the EJ25 from the shop/machinist when the truck is not needed.

That is what I am doing.
Now this sounds like an idea. I'm not sure if a swap is in my RS' future yet. I'm also restoring a '69 Camaro SS that is requiring a lot of my time and effort at the moment.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Who over the internet can talk you in or out of a purchase? This IS Fit Freak, so of course most opinions are going to be Pro-Fit....

I love the Fit...I have a 2010....

You say the "dealership" is not far away? Have you physically looked at the vehicle? The first step would be a unattached and unemotional as possible look at the vehicle and test drive.

You might be given your answer immediately after driving it around the block.
Good point. I guess I figured someone here might've owned a 1st gen A/T and later purchased a 2nd gen M/T that could give me some feedback on the move. I knew what I was getting into by posting here...I figured there would be mostly biased Fit owner responses here.

The stealership is about 2.5-3 hrs away. It's close, but not exactly down the street. I think I should probably test drive an 09+ Sport M/T in town first before I get too excited.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
The stealership is about 2.5-3 hrs away. It's close, but not exactly down the street. I think I should probably test drive an 09+ Sport M/T in town first before I get too excited.
Sure..actually physically seeing one, looking at it, sitting in it is a crucial first step.

But even with that, my point being you have got to check out the one you are actually thinking of purchasing. Being a used car, once you actually see it, drive it, feel it...Carfax The Vin...you might decide it just doesn't feel right...find dents...evidence of damage..etc...

I guess the most specific opinion I can offer is I obviously really like my 2010 automatic Fit Sport....

I guess at this point in my life...and automatic is what I want...but the feeling I get even driving my automatic is that The Fit would be a Blast as a manual....

As agile and nimble as The Fit is, I think a manual would be a lot of fun. I sometimes regret that I did not really consider a manual before purchase.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Thumbs up Good Reasons Why Fit Is Go

Thanks!

Here are some links why the Fit is an excellent choice:
  1. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...son-tests.html
  2. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...dominates.html
  3. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...t-reviews.html
  4. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ar-winner.html

Last edited by fit.sport; 01-30-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Well i will say this that honestly we should not have to talk you into it or out of it. I'm feeling if thats the case the Fit might not be for you. Not trying to sound like an A** Hole just the truth. I have had 2 fits now, one MT and the one i have now is a AT. I love the AT one fun car great MPG. I average 33MPG on my regular around town driving. So i would say that the Fit is a great DD but why not just use the truck? But i would say if ur looking for a cheap DD go with something not new like a used civic. That way you would save a ton of money. I know i just got another used car and got a 2.74% APR on the loan. But let us know what you decide on

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I have a 2007 Fit and if I had to purchase a new car right now it would still be a Fit. Of course with modifications! LOL!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
I just saw the new Fit in black on the road im drooling on the key board right now! I have seen them many times but never in black in person sharp car. But really i'm happy with the two cars i have so i am not considering the purchase of a new car for about 7 years i hope. But then who know what would be out

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Get back in the FIT now, you know you want to or you wouldn't have even bothered creating this thread!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
MT is so much fun, and the fit can be a track car too, just gotta have a lot of money to build the motor first.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
It's kind of funny someone replied to this thread today. I was looking at a local Fit that's owned by a guy I know (friend of a friend). He's meticulous about his cars which is definitely a plus. It's an '09 Fit Sport with 9k miles. Always garaged, no door dings or damage. The only thing I found was one small rock chip on the hood. He installed Dynamat throughout the vehicle. It also has tint, black powdercoated OEM wheels and Eibach pro-kit springs. One test drive showed me how much more I like the MT over the AT. I also found the 09 felt more refined compared to what I remember of my 07. The Dynamat really seemed to help to quiet down the interior as well. If it all works out I'll be picking up this baby on Monday.

Storm Silver wasn't my first choice, but it grew on me in person. The black wheels really help the look IMO.

Name:  fit1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  59.1 KB

Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 02-25-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Talk me in/out of getting back into a Fit