General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

the FIT, FASTER than a HEMI!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
the FIT, FASTER than a HEMI!

so yesterday morning, i was driving to work(100kms each way). i was cruising along at about 120 - 130km/h. thats my normal cruising speed. i'm passing cars, people i know, people i don't.....i'm coming up on this 2010 dodge ram 1500 hemi. i didn't realize it at the time, but it was a guy i work with. this guy loves his truck. its all he talks about. he has been buggin me about my fit for weeks now on the job. about it being a rice burner, gay, and whatever you can think of, this guy has been ribbin be about it. so i'm coming up on him, and as i get close, he decides to step on it. this made me realize it was him....so i gave a quick look around to see where i was, and realized that hey, i'm coming up to a straight away. so, down my foot goes to the floor. he's already about 5 transport truck lengths ahead of me by this point. i get close to him, i look down, i'm doing about 150. i see the exhaust shoot out of his truck, and i know hes givin'er. we're flyin on the highway, no one in front or behind us. heres the thing, here in canada, they put "governers" on trucks, so they can't go over a certain speed. i know his top speed is 170, and his truck kicks out. so i hit 170, and i see the front of his truck drop down, and i start to gain on him. i hit 190, and i'm beside him, give him a wave, and away i went from him. i got a few car lengths in front of him, and let off, and went back down to 120, and continued on to work. i told a few guys at work about this, and oh man. word made its way around like wild fire. it was the funniest thing, he was so upset, he wouldn't even look at me, or talk to me for the whole day. it might be one of those "had to be there" deals, but i thought it was awesome to say, "hey, i beat a hemi"

also, just to say, i don't drive wreckless all the time, or often for that matter. this was one of those times where no one was around, it was 6am, and clear. i don't promote unsafe speeds and don't suggest it to anyone. before anyone come on this thread and starts to flame me for being wreckless, and blah blah blah, its not a common thing for me. just sayin.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
This is in KMPH NOT MPH.

and lol that's to be expected the Ram is brick that weighs 9000000 lbs and has gearing for towing

Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Haha that's a good story. He deserves it for raggin on your Fit.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
lol, but him hitting his governor is pretty much the same as letting off, i think the race ended when he hit his governor

BUT, either way, i'm sure he feels like a loser haha

Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Lol, there was an ad for a Dodge Ram on top of the page when I read this. Down here in Texas, the land of monstrous trucks and SUVs, we get a lot of that anti-import mentality, too. Let's see how long it keeps up when they hit the gas pumps this summer.

Last edited by Vanct; 03-04-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Ask ur co-worker this...

Well if in the Great White the trucks die out @ 170 Why buy a Hemi?? (remind him that a Fit still goes FASTER than his truck and if he wants to get a fair shake race'n a Fit he'll have to dump the truck and buy a Fit) Ask your co-worker that and see if he laughs

Nah better not but it still made me laugh!!
Good story +rep2ya! Your co-work just reaped what he sowed

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-04-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
oh i know...thats the best part about it. i had many guys telling me "oh it looks good on him". this guy is the first to jump on anyone when something happens. he can dish it out, but yesterday just shows, he can't take it. it was awesome.

he did try to get me back today, but it didn't go over to well. i walked by him and his crew, and he yells out "look everyone, its dale earnhardt" i looked at him and said, "thats right, and i won". he then proceeded to say "he'll be signing autographs at lunch" and i said "man, i'll sign one special for you now, "passed by a fit, your buddy, Dale" " he didn't laugh. he shut up. the boys laughed, as did i. i loved it!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 PM
when hemi's get hemorrhoids, it seems this honda is still FIT to go.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Speed limiters are all different on cars. y GMC I4 was speed governed to 112 but it pulled very quickly from 80 to 112mph for a brick...

Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Lol, there was an ad for a Dodge Ram on top of the page when I read this. Down here in Texas, the land of monstrous trucks and SUVs, we get a lot of that anti-import mentality, too. Let's see how long it keeps up when they hit the gas pumps this summer.
Yeah, I see that here in AZ once in a while. I was at the gas pumps this afternoon, with a few trucks filling up around me. I put in 7 gallons, and finished quickly. They looked at me like WTF? While looking at the receipt I blurted out, "Aw shit ... only 36mpg around town ... maybe I'll do better next tank." They were looking at me with their mouths gaping. I just laughed and drove away.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 PM
hahaah it reminds me of the good 'ol days when i had a souped up 99 Neon! There were those guys at work that allways told me their 94 Civic's SI (SOHC Vtec in Canada!) and 00 SiR (B16A) were so superior and sooo faster then my POS Neon cause they had VTEC YOO, didn't suffers from piston slap, better engineering, blah blah blah..... History proved that maybe the Civic's were more reliable than my Neon, but Slower..... Wayyyy behind the Neon in the straights as well as in the curves!! ...damn was it fun to see their faces! Priceless!!

Moral of the story. Anything can be fast if you know how to make it fast! ...even a supposedly crappy Neon!!

Marko!!

Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
lol is this one of those times where u can say that he needs that big ol' truck to make up for the size of his wee wee? ahahha

Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
No governors on our Fits? Surprising. I recall when I had my Dodge Stratus I hit the governor limit at 160 kph I think it was, so not just on trucks here.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
No governors on our Fits? Surprising. I recall when I had my Dodge Stratus I hit the governor limit at 160 kph I think it was, so not just on trucks here.
Idk about a governor on the fit's but i cant get mine past 115 mph. But i don't think its limited because there is no sudden loss of power. It just wont go any faster.

As for your hemi. Dodge's just aren't that great. I chased down a charger with the 3.5 today so I could get the License plate number for the Louisiana State Police. It didn't put up much of a fight at all. I got in front of her and every time she'd go to pass i'd just drop it in third and block her. Needless to say she got pulled over. Still waiting to hear if she got a ticket.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Idk about a governor on the fit's but i cant get mine past 115 mph. But i don't think its limited because there is no sudden loss of power. It just wont go any faster.

As for your hemi. Dodge's just aren't that great. I chased down a charger with the 3.5 today so I could get the License plate number for the Louisiana State Police. It didn't put up much of a fight at all. I got in front of her and every time she'd go to pass i'd just drop it in third and block her. Needless to say she got pulled over. Still waiting to hear if she got a ticket.
You guys are starting to sound silly. That 250hp 3.5 will straight KILL the fit on any speed trial and that is truth.

You drop in to block me and push you off the road. Not sure why you would even try to block someone in a 2500 pound go kart like the Fit but that is stupid. Look at the 1/4 mile numbers and stop talking stupid internet keyboard speed contests.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:39 PM
PS - 2.7 Chargers are limited to 115mph. 3.5 Chargers are 130mph.

Last edited by Nukedog; 03-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Don't see where it matters what the car is limited to. It wasn't getting there very quick. That car weighs what, 3750 lbs? That's 1250 lb's more than the fit give or take. That extra horsepower is being used to make up for the extra weight. The fit isn't the fastest thing on the road i'll say that. But to think that anything is going to be able to be faster due to horsepower listings is bullshit. There was no speed contest involved with me. That would be sandblasted and his coworker. If I wanted a race i'd be in my M5 and not the fit. Let me know when there's a charger other than the SRT-8 that stands a chance.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Hell I think my Caravan is just as fast if not faster. Just does it much quieter.

Another thing - cornering. While I am on Swifts and have this neat circular On ramp I like to push it on it sucks when my cornering speeds in the Dodge is just about the same. Also I am not getting pushed out the door.

And I have room for the kitchen sink even when we travel.

Name:  002-4.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  90.7 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  40.2 KB

Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by sandblasted
. so i hit 170, and i see the front of his truck drop down, and i start to gain on him. i hit 190, and i'm beside him, give him a wave,
Hey Sandblasted, that's a totally entertaining Classic story .

Quick q: Is your FIT part of the springs recall? When you climb to 190 km/h at one point do you sense or hear anything out of the ordinary from your FIT engine? The springs worked fine?
Thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Not to stereotype anyone, but here in Oregon, I swear everyone who drives those big trucks are jacks. I don't know why they see my little Fit as such a threat. At every traffic light when i'm next to a big truck, they always, I mean ALWAYS, try to race me. I just let them waste their money and boost their egos while I enjoy my comfortable, fuel efficient car.

Quick Reply: the FIT, FASTER than a HEMI!