General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Storm Silver Sport MT availability in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Question Storm Silver Sport MT availability in DFW?

Several week reader first time poster.

Can anyone here verify that there are Storm Silver Metallic Fit Sports with manual transmission available in the DFW area? Reading around the forums here it makes it sound like if i want a Storm Silver Metallic Sport with a manual transmission, I'm going to have to wait months. I found a dealer in Fort Worth on Sunday who actually had 3 Fit Sports on the lot, 1 black, 1 blue and 1 Silver, but all were auto trans... A sales person was on the lot handing out cards that Sunday (seemed a little unusual but he was very pleasant) and I told him that we had been looking at Fit Sports in Silver but that I wanted a manual transmission. He called and left a voicemail on my phone stating that there were a few (more than one) dealers in the DFW area that had the Storm Silver Fit Sport in manual and that he could do a dealer trade for me if I would come in and put down (what seems to be) the standard $500.00 deposit. I have tried to call him back but thus far have only gotten voicemail.

Again the sales person appeared very genuine but what he said in his voicemail completely conflicts with what I have read in the forums here, and after reading OregonFits horror story I really don't want to deposit $500.00 just to find that there was some sort of error or miscommunication.

Any feedback either here or via PM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I walked into a dealership in Arlington a week and half ago and purchaed a storm silver manual honda fit. No waiting. Due to Dallas traffic was looking for a automatic but after purchasing car, reading forums and driving the car I am very happy to get the manual transmission. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Never Trust Scum Sales People!!!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 AM
I saw one at Honda Cars of McKinney on Saturday but they go fast so I dunno if it's still there. Beware that dealership though they insist on ridiculous markups.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Be careful - dealers will tell you anything to get a deposit. They call it "taking you off the market", since they know that once they get it, you aren't going anywhere else. I originally wanted a VBP Sport MT and a dealer told me the same "our sister dealer has one" story. I gave him a deposit and everything changed. After a month of the runaround, I found another dealer that showed me the computer inventory database - there were no VBP Sport MTs in the entire tri state area. He coincidentally had a storm silver sport mt on the lot, so I ended up buying it and telling dealer #1 a sob story to get my money back :P

Moral of the story - don't give a dealer a cent until you're reasonably sure you'll get your car when he says you will.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by joe d
Be careful - dealers will tell you anything to get a deposit. They call it "taking you off the market", since they know that once they get it, you aren't going anywhere else. I originally wanted a VBP Sport MT and a dealer told me the same "our sister dealer has one" story. I gave him a deposit and everything changed. After a month of the runaround, I found another dealer that showed me the computer inventory database - there were no VBP Sport MTs in the entire tri state area. He coincidentally had a storm silver sport mt on the lot, so I ended up buying it and telling dealer #1 a sob story to get my money back :P

Moral of the story - don't give a dealer a cent until you're reasonably sure you'll get your car when he says you will.
Very good advice. If they say it's coming or is available make them give you the VIN and see that the model code checks out.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Contact the dealer's internet sales manager, and see what he/she can do. They're usually no BS people that will find what you want and not dick around with you on the details.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Never Trust Scum Sales People!!!
you are so right, we should always trust the general cosumers!!!

after all, they never tell a lie.

this is all i can afford!!! i really do have to pick up my daughter!! i will come back tomorrow to sign!!! no, there is no problem with my credit!!!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
Contact the dealer's internet sales manager, and see what he/she can do. They're usually no BS people that will find what you want and not dick around with you on the details.
that like saying all black people are strong, or all chinese people are good at math.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by wannahaveafit
Several week reader first time poster.

Can anyone here verify that there are Storm Silver Metallic Fit Sports with manual transmission available in the DFW area? Reading around the forums here it makes it sound like if i want a Storm Silver Metallic Sport with a manual transmission, I'm going to have to wait months. I found a dealer in Fort Worth on Sunday who actually had 3 Fit Sports on the lot, 1 black, 1 blue and 1 Silver, but all were auto trans... A sales person was on the lot handing out cards that Sunday (seemed a little unusual but he was very pleasant) and I told him that we had been looking at Fit Sports in Silver but that I wanted a manual transmission. He called and left a voicemail on my phone stating that there were a few (more than one) dealers in the DFW area that had the Storm Silver Fit Sport in manual and that he could do a dealer trade for me if I would come in and put down (what seems to be) the standard $500.00 deposit. I have tried to call him back but thus far have only gotten voicemail.

Again the sales person appeared very genuine but what he said in his voicemail completely conflicts with what I have read in the forums here, and after reading OregonFits horror story I really don't want to deposit $500.00 just to find that there was some sort of error or miscommunication.

Any feedback either here or via PM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
according to honda locator, no honda fit sport manual in silver exist in your state. only 2 blue and 2 orange in your state.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
according to honda locator, no honda fit sport manual in silver exist in your state. only 2 blue and 2 orange in your state.
Thanks to everyone who replied and for your good advice, and thanks to aywwsd for the info on the availibility.

I'm not sure how long it takes the Honda Locator to update but what I just read from aywwsd goes along with what I was informed over the phone earlier today. There's a blue, an orange and a white M/T sport in Texas but no silver sport M/T in Texas. I was also told that are no silver sport M/T's coming off the assembly line at this time so ordering one is not an option either. So now it's down to a blue M/T or a silver auto with paddle shift, and I imagine the silver paddle shift will become pretty scarce pretty quick. From what I understand the 0-60 times between the stick and the paddle are less than a seconds difference but I'm partial to M/Ts'.

aywwsd... Is there any chance you could check a few surrounding states such as New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisana and Colorado? If it's not too much trouble it would mean a great deal to me.

dtexman: We actually went to Vandergriff last Saturday (the 17th) but all they had left were three automatic Base Fits. Missed it by that ( ) much...

Old 06-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by wannahaveafit
Thanks to everyone who replied and for your good advice, and thanks to aywwsd for the info on the availibility.

I'm not sure how long it takes the Honda Locator to update but what I just read from aywwsd goes along with what I was informed over the phone earlier today. There's a blue, an orange and a white M/T sport in Texas but no silver sport M/T in Texas. I was also told that are no silver sport M/T's coming off the assembly line at this time so ordering one is not an option either. So now it's down to a blue M/T or a silver auto with paddle shift, and I imagine the silver paddle shift will become pretty scarce pretty quick. From what I understand the 0-60 times between the stick and the paddle are less than a seconds difference but I'm partial to M/Ts'.

aywwsd... Is there any chance you could check a few surrounding states such as New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisana and Colorado? If it's not too much trouble it would mean a great deal to me.

dtexman: We actually went to Vandergriff last Saturday (the 17th) but all they had left were three automatic Base Fits. Missed it by that ( ) much...
in nm, co, ks, la, ar, ok, there are 3 more fit sport manual.

all 3 are in nm, 2 blue and 1 orange.

honda locator updates on a daily basis. if the car is dropped off today, it will show up tomorrow.

there is no fit sport manual on order from your state either, you are looking at the very least 2 month before anything new will show up.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by joe d

What dealers did you deal with, i went to open road in Edison to place my deposit to order a car last night, they seem to be helpful and are selling at MSRP, not like some of the other dealers in NJ.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I'd just try and keep calling around too. Sometimes those locators don't find anything. A dealer told me they couldn't find one and it would probably be months if I placed an order. Well I called around and found a dealer that had one coming in that the other dealers couldn't find.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by NeverNZ
What dealers did you deal with, i went to open road in Edison to place my deposit to order a car last night, they seem to be helpful and are selling at MSRP, not like some of the other dealers in NJ.
First went to DCH Paramus Honda... ended up buying the car from D&C in Tenafly.

After my experience, I've heard nothing but horror stories about Paramus. I think it's a good example of what kind of service you get with a big guy vs little guy. DCH is a franchise that has a string of enormous automalls, D&C has owned by the same family for half a century.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
in nm, co, ks, la, ar, ok, there are 3 more fit sport manual.

all 3 are in nm, 2 blue and 1 orange.

honda locator updates on a daily basis. if the car is dropped off today, it will show up tomorrow.

there is no fit sport manual on order from your state either, you are looking at the very least 2 month before anything new will show up.
Thanks again everybody. I don't expect to find one local but I am going to call around to some more of the local dealerships to see if there are any out of state dealers that local dealers do business with...

aywwsd: Thank you so much for your follow up. Hope you don't mind but I sent you a pm.