General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What impressed you the most so far

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up What impressed you the most so far

What impressed you so far with your Fit? I have to say I only have my silver sport automatic for two days now I put about 300 miles on it. I live on Long Island so it's generally flat here and I'm most impressed with the Fit being able to get to and hold 70-80 mph, more power than I though I think it's all in the transmissions gearing, remember my other car is a 98 Corvette so I thought the fit wouldnt be as good as it is! The car also feels bigger inside and when you get out of it you realize what a small car your in. I think I'm going to be happy with this car.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:21 AM
I just picked up my base silver automatic yesterday. What impressed me is the ride quality, interior, and the safety features. Especially for a car that around 16k dollars OTD price.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Thumbs up

Went 160km/hr with my Fit last night and the ride was smooth.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
The speed of the fit

Old 06-24-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
I've had mine (Storm Silver Sport) since April 20, with over 4600 miles logged. What impresses me most is the nimble handling. There's a sharp turn near home and I have to slow up and wait for virtually every other vehicle to negotiate it, especially big SUVs, vans and pickups. I see those lone drivers in big vehicles day in & out and wonder if they actually drove a Fit, felt the great handling, discovered how versatile it is and how much it can hold -- and of course, how far they can get before filling up again -- if we'd all be able to see the road ahead of us again for the first time in years!

Old 06-24-2006, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Take it for a nice quick ride on a twisty road like the Southern State Parkway - handles nice in the turns!

What impresses me the most however is that I was able to squeeze 369.7 miles out of the gas tank before the Low Fuel indicator appeared - and that's with my A/T Sport. I bet I could get more if I could keep the cruise control locked at 60MPH but honestly who does that in NY?

Keep in mind my previous car is a 2003 Nissan Xterra SE with the supercharged engine...PREMIUM unleaded only, 13-16 MPG, and a cruising range of about 250-275 miles before she needs another drink.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
The quality of the interior, fit and finish and feel of the switchgear and materials. Also how much stuff it will hold.
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

Old 06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I like how it feels so spacious and roomy on the inside while on the outside is looks so small and dinky.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
What impresses me the most however is that I was able to squeeze 369.7 miles out of the gas tank before the Low Fuel indicator appeared - and that's with my A/T Sport. I bet I could get more if I could keep the cruise control locked at 60MPH but honestly who does that in NY?

Keep in mind my previous car is a 2003 Nissan Xterra SE with the supercharged engine...PREMIUM unleaded only, 13-16 MPG, and a cruising range of about 250-275 miles before she needs another drink.
Even more reason for me to get rid of my 2003 xterra! I am glad to see someone else from NY on here! Can't wait to get mine. I have to admit it though, I did just use my Xterra to tow a trailer for a buddy yesterday. I drained 1/2 tank of gas going like 100 miles! I know he appreciated it but man... That thing is parked till the Fit is in!

Old 06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaganFit
Even more reason for me to get rid of my 2003 xterra! I am glad to see someone else from NY on here! Can't wait to get mine. I have to admit it though, I did just use my Xterra to tow a trailer for a buddy yesterday. I drained 1/2 tank of gas going like 100 miles! I know he appreciated it but man... That thing is parked till the Fit is in!
Yeah, my Xterra is only showing up for winter driving duty.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
How well the Honda engineers hid the lack of power from the powerplant.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
Yeah, my Xterra is only showing up for winter driving duty.
Hell, throw some snows on the Fit and I bet it handles just as well if not better then the Xterra in the snow, unless there is two feet of the white stuff! I thought the X was a little sloppy in the snow. I did like the four wheel drive for off-roading though. I will kind of miss that but not the horrible bump-stear.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Its more spacious compared to our Corolla

Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Yep, I took a Hemi, one of them Magnums, with your 18s. We both got off the highway, and they gave me a little of that, this is a Hemi, Fit Freak, from the stop. So I gave it a little vtec and kind of hopped up right behind them. I could tell they were going to show it off on the big hill coming up. It is this .25 mile , real steep with some good curves, everybody kind of guns it at the bottom and most vehicles just hang at their momentum speed.

Well you know how that Hemi puts up a racket when you give the juice, and I got the fit running in second. We started off up that hill at a good clip, but their foot came off the gas when that first corner came up, the Fit just kept pulling and all they saw was my tail lights shooting around the second to last corner doing about xx, over the top at xx. That Magnum never had a chance against the Fit. The handling of the Fit in the corners, under power is impressive. hehehe

Old 06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have only had mine two days and so far it's handling and interior space that are the most impressive.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
The magic seat is the most impressive thing for me. Today when I bought gas (35.5 mpg) everyone at the station came to look and question me about it.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
I bought my Storm Silver Automatic on April 20th. Here are the things I loved most:

Peppy engine
Turns on a dime
Huge interior space
Driver's Seat sits up high
Well designed dash - easy to navigate
I get lots of looks and comments from people who know nothing about the Fit.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:53 PM
The interior room/quality/features and ride handling on twisty roads and highways impressed me the most.

Funny thing, I have yet to use the magic seats as they were intended yet, but I've showed them off to many people already.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i used to not like hondas cause how idiots would rice them out...hence the term "rice"...that is putting parts that dont do s**t to the car in performance. Then the JDM trend came out...i started to respect Hondas cause when they have that clean JDM look, it just looks better than the ones with ridiculous body kits...the FIT has that abilty to look good with the JDM twist to it...
My impression on the car is the looks, interior, the OEM kit on the sport and the alloys...plus all the JDM things you can do to it...simple clean looks can get alot of attention to

Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 AM
Master FitFreaker
roomy and the aux connection for my Ipod hahaha

Quick Reply: What impressed you the most so far