General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Help with rear strut top!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Help with rear strut top!!!!

Hey guys,

I was removing my rear sway bar and I was really stupid as i forgot to put the bushing and nut back onto the strut top. I went for a small 2 min test drive as I was taking something out of the car and wanted to test it. Now the car was feeling abit wonky as i didn't put the nuts in. However now i've come to realise that on the right rear strut top the cylindrical (Washer?) thing has come up.. i put a socket over it and lightly tapped it down and it seems to be working. I'm reasonably sure I can get it back into the same position. However i want to make sure that i'm doing the right thing and not damaging the car.

I've taken some pics, sorry about the bad quality it's dark outside ><.

And this is the strut top on the left side, hopefully i've put it all back correctly, going to tighten it abit more tmr morning.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
im not sure wat you're saying but if all fails, just take both sides off again and re-install. Fit's a super easy to do especially the rears.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
basically what happened was that i forgot to put the bushing and nut back in, when i did 3 right turns the pressure on the shock absorber pushed the cylindrical washer upwards as there was no bushing to stop it. now i was wondering if i could just slot the cylindrical washer back into position and tighten everything up again.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member

are you talking about the parts numbered '6'?

FYI, the parts boxed in as #2 go under the car, where the other three parts on top go on from the other side of the sheet metal (from inside the car).

I say, just do what kenchan said... pull the shock out and start over with the reinstall.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 AM
yes part number 6, i raised the car to check it out and it was just a washer, and i managed to return it to it's original position and tied everything back up. took it for a test drive and all seems well so far .