General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Did you like your Fit Stock or with Mods?
I like my Fit Stock.....
24.39%
I like my Fit with Mods....
80.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Stock Fits and Mods Fits

Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Stock Fits and Mods Fits

Hi to all members here in FF.My post it's a very simple question....Maybe a little hard for some to answer.Do you like your Fit stock or with mods and why?Let's see what all members will said.I will start....I just have my Fit Sport 2010 around 2 months and i like very much my Fit how it came from the factory.I'm very happy with my Fit Stock.....And you?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM
How about lightly modded?

Reasoning being that I don't plan on racing it, don't have a lot of cash to spend on car parts, but still like to adjust/improve what I can.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
i love mine being modded due to the fact its not any other civic its a fit so it makes it different. also love the looks when i pull up and they are like damn thats a fit??? lol awsomeness!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
i love mine being modded due to the fact its not any other civic its a fit so it makes it different. also love the looks when i pull up and they are like damn thats a fit??? lol awsomeness!!!
lol. thats exactly what I had in mind when I got my Fit. Too many modded civics , nothing special about it.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't think what has been done to my Fit really qualifies as mods...

-tint
-body side moldings
-locking gas cap
-wheel locks
-lower billet grille (to protect ac condensor)

...perhaps mod lite?

I have no plans to modify the suspension, engine or anything else at this point. I would like to add a coolant temperature gauge as this is the first vehicle I have owned without one... would be great if Honda had an accessory kit for gauges... perhaps water and oil pressure.

So why do I keep it basically stock?

Because these days I value reliability and do not want to give any dealership the opportunity to deny repairs on my 7/75,000 warranty due to
modifications.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
I love the way my fit is modded. Nothing crazy mechanically, just an intake and exhaust and short shifter. Didn't affect fuel economy at all, but no drastic power gain either. The car sounds a heck of a lot better though. Cosmetics wise, its completely changed. Tints, LED tails, Jazz LED 3rd brake light, new spoiler, painted black roof, custom painted mugen front lip, HIDs, CF JDP rear diffuser.

Coilovers and rims are coming as well.

IMO, the best way to mod a car is to your own liking. Some ppl like to go all out JDM, some like to stick with one aftermarket brand for everything. Some like to mix it up to make their car unique.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm on the no mods or very slightly modded side of the equation. A short ram or cold air intake, an exhaust and maybe some aftermarket wheels I can sort of relate to but I really don't get the attempts to turn a front wheel drive, torsion bar rear suspension, high CG, econobox into either a performance car or, worse yet, a poseur mobile with a bunch of tacky pseudo-aero bits larded on. If I was into the modder thing I'd pick a more interesting platform, maybe an MR2 or even a Miata or an American muscle car. I'm probably extra cranky about this issue because I'm sort of shopping for an EP3 Si and so many of them now have a ton of craptastic mods.

Last edited by LostHighway; 05-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, I suppose part of the fun is turning a fuel efficient econobox into a performance vehicle.

But, I would rather just purchase the performance vehicle as the platform to start with.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Storm good question,

Mod the Rod is what I say!!
W/ all the mods I've done and it's been a lot two of the best were lite shoes, and the ETC from Panson.
And then there was the lowering springs .................

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-20-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Since the poll allowed it... I voted BOTH!

Ever since the first test drive, I've thought this is a fun little car, and I liked it. And now, after a couple of changes (tires/wheels/springs/some aesthetic stuff too)... I still like the car.

With or without, it's a fun little car that I like.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
I would have to say modded. And just as stated in previous posts, my intention with the Fit was to have something different. I did not want to be another Civic or Integra riding around, even though I have owned both previously. With the mods that I currently have I think my car is really starting to come together and I love the way it is looking. Compared to stock my car is a lot more fun to drive and quicker. My buddy just bought an 2011 and I let him drive mine and he couldn't believe the difference. And when they are parked side by side my car looks a lot more aggressive. And on top of all of it I am still averaging around 40 MPGs. But, to each his own. I say as long as you're rockin a Fit (stock or modded) then you're alright in my book.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 PM
i think i prefer the fit stock because it was love at first sight for me
sometimes people get carried away with mods, especially if they're purely cosmetic
that being said, i do like lightly modded fits too! utility mods like tint and window visors never hurt

Old 05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
I loved the Fit enough stock to spend my money on it. But I purchased my first mod before I even picked mine up at the dealer. I love Fits, modded or no.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 AM
(this is all in the near future cause im super stock right now) if dropping my fit on coils, slapping some VIP rims on like some work eurolines or viennas then camber with fender roll , then custom wrap the headliner, have my seats re-upholstered with custom pattern on the leather, then some cutains with custom courtesy lights under the side skirts that turn on when the door is opened.... is modding it then, yes, i vote mod it! lol

Old 05-23-2011, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
I like small kine teenie-weenie unnoticeable modz like mine....

Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
I guess Modded

Mine

Blue calipers and drums

"C" piller strut

Tint

Interior wood trim kit

Stainless A B and C pillar covers

Gas pedal spring mod

Blue licence bulbs

Wheel and rear H logos in blue vinyl

GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs

Blue LEDs in trunk

Accord horn

Door sill covers

Yellow fog covers

Clazzio leather/vinyl seat covers

Steelies and snow tires

Civic plastic repo wheel covers

Blue keyring light

Blue LED in dome

JDM Tails

Body side molding

HKS Exhaust

Shark fin antenna

Painted diffuser

Paint H in front blue

Swift Springs

Rear wiper mod

Window visors

Mirrors with winkers

Powder coated winter wheels

Throttle controller

Spacers under front of seats

I-VTEC decals

Center console (a China repro)

To do

Heated seats and reupholster door panels

Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
I always seem to personalize my cars and stuff but I do think that the Fit is an attractive car as it comes in stock form..It bums me out that my car would be considered "Ricer" by some peoples interpretations of what what that means but all except for 2 AEM decals that match the color of the car on what would have been vent windows years ago.. All of the modifications have been to improve performance, handling,and comfort.. I think I would prefer that it appeared perfectly stock but I don't want to sacrifice what all I have gained

Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ok, so i want to select both but can't.

a. For GD i like my Fitsport modded.

b. For GE i like my Fitsport stock. car is pretty good appearance wise in stock form and mine is AT (for the wife) so i dont really care about performance... it needs to be able to carry people and her client's computers and networking stuff so it can't have any compromise as far as drivability or utility.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 PM
When I was a teen-ager I was definitely into mods: lead, shackles, carson tops, etc. Now that I'm an old fart I drive the Fit the way I bought it. Several reasons why. For one it's an economical (cheap) car to buy compared to the average price of cars today and adding any mods would defeat the purpose of buying it in the first place. Another reason is, I retired from working the insurance automobile claims business for 25 years and I can say with authority that many expensive mods not only do not increase the value of a car but in many cases will actually decrease the value of a car. This might be argued by some but I've seen people spend over $1,000.00 for a set of wheels and their car ended up being $1,000.00 less in value than it would have been if they had left the stock wheels on. In the majority of cases it's not good use of money. I mean, so what if you're faster than a Corolla? Are you late for something?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Fits and Mods Fits