General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I love my Fit but it kills birds

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I love my Fit but it kills birds

My fit has murdered 5 birds this week. I have no idea why this is happening because my husband and I don't drive very fast. These birds seem to lose all senses of self preservation when my fit comes around. I didn't have this issue before my fit. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
your in the twilightzone

Last edited by phenoyz; 06-22-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
This is weird, i never kill a bird, I think the birds in your town have blindness problem.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
i guess birds just like my fit. maybe its because i live in a rural area.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
i hit a bird once in my 10 years of driving and it was by fluke -- it tried to swoop past a semi and the air current must've threw off it's balance and flew straight into my windshield. it scared the shit out of me but i lol'ed after

...but to kill 5 in a week? that's like some weird d-list horror movie type scenario *splat*

Old 06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
i know! its getting a little creepy

Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
What color is the car?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Keep an eye out for hitchcock he always makes a cameo!! Prehaps if you put a performance exhaust on your fit the sound/vibrations will better warn the birds!!loud pipes save lives mahahahaahah

Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...that is very strange.I hope your Fit did not kill birds like this car...Check out this video.

YouTube - ‪Bird Hits Car‬‏

Really..... is very strange.If this happen in the same place or street just take another road for some time.Take care.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
The only time I ever hit a bird was in my old fit. It flew right into the driver's side pillar.

5 though, I'll agree. That's kinda freaky. Could have something to do with the color?

Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Wow-very weird
I heard birds are partial to pooping on white cars. Athough I never hit one in my white Subaru-it did seem to attract bird poo. Also heard bees are attracted to yellow- at least my scooter friends say when they wear yellow bees go after them.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Thats crazy my fit killed a blue jay the other day and was stuck in lower grille

Old 06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rpate
My fit has murdered 5 birds this week.
i hate non-edible birds. ive killed a few birds myself in the GD and a couple of them on my G35C.

about 2wks ago a bird got sucked into the vortex of my 370Z and it landed literally upside down on the road with its feet up. i dont think he died though.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joey_fits
Keep an eye out for hitchcock he always makes a cameo!! Prehaps if you put a performance exhaust on your fit the sound/vibrations will better warn the birds!!loud pipes save lives mahahahaahah
I have an HKS yet I whacked a Mourning Dove the other day. I had feather prints on my windshield. I am white as in Taffy.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I have an HKS yet I whacked a Mourning Dove the other day. I had feather prints on my windshield. I am white as in Taffy.
I'm starting to think its a conspiracy! What states are you guys from the birds sound boold. I've been driving for 13 years and haven't hit a bird yet (knock,knock) you swerved at the bird didn't you!!!: rotfl:

Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
How many of you have done some stupid shit on a dare?

I have noticed, way too often, birds swooping in front of me, like they're on a dare showing off to other birds.

Sure, a few times, you can imagine that maybe they just happened to pick a direction and suddenly realized that there's a huge honking object about to gobble them up. But, there were a few occasions they'll fly along side of me and then swoop in front of me!

I haven't hit a bird yet. But I did run over a chipmunk. It darted out onto the road just as I was finishing a turn and I felt the little bump. Reminds me of the time I saw a squirrel get run over. It darted into the road from my left, got scared by the car in front me, turned around to run back... just in time to get run over by the minivan going the other way! Thump thump, it dead. Bone crunching goodness. It took a while to stop laughing at that one (as cruel as that sounds).

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I've owned my Fit 2 days, and I've killed 3 birds. I think I've over doubled the number of birds I've killed with vehicles since this purchase. No explanation for this. Fit is Gray

Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
I took out six birds in five days one week driving to and from work in my Fit while in Oklahoma. It was kind of creepy.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joey_fits
I'm starting to think its a conspiracy! What states are you guys from the birds sound boold. I've been driving for 13 years and haven't hit a bird yet (knock,knock) you swerved at the bird didn't you!!!: rotfl:
Me too!..Is this one of the towns that the Gov. was experimenting in when all the birds "suddenly" fell from the sky--dead--? Well, maybe they selected a FiT or two in certain areas of the country to see if your <secretly installed magnetic> radiator can draw birds to them at slow speeds. Please don't tell US that all the birds were of the same species...Dayum JF, it'z amazing what conspiracy theorist's can concoct.....LOL!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've never killed a bird with any of my vehicles.
But I did own a Forest Green Metalic vehicle that I thought got crapped on more than normal. I always speculated that from the sky, the green looked like a tree or bush and the birds just let go...

I would say, if these bird are Ravens or Crows and their appearance coincides with Demonic Chanting...then shave the head of the nearest toddler and look for the 666.

Quick Reply: I love my Fit but it kills birds