General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Question Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??

I have a 2012 Base on order and just DO NOT LIKE the stock wheels.

I like the wheels on the Sport model much more, but even those aren't that jazzy.

I called my dealership a bit ago and they were surprised and said they have had nothing but positive feedback on the wheels. Am I the only one who thinks they are drab and boring?

I am buying the Fit for my daughter for her B-day and I'm thinking of getting some different wheels and having them swapped out before we go pick it up.

Does anyone out there have any opinions or suggestions on what might look good on the Base 2012? I don't want to mess it up if the originals are great and it's only my opinion that they are boring.

Any suggestions or opinions out there?Thanks!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
They look OK, but the old wheel has a more memorable design.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Wink You will like them even less...

Because the base model has steel 15" wheels with hubcaps...cheapest thing is to find some 15" hubcaps you like better...

Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
???? I am sure the daughter won't give a S*** what wheels are on the car.

Besides a first car?? If so she will smack it up in the next few months. Get the right wheels on the next one.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
What color is the car you are anticipating buying and what wheel size would you want to go to? stay at a 15 or go up to a 16 or 17?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Keep wheel covers - change them out when they get damaged.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
What color is the car you are anticipating buying and what wheel size would you want to go to? stay at a 15 or go up to a 16 or 17?
It's the Raspberry Blue Metallic....the same size I was thinking ~ 15".
I didn't realize they were wheels with hubcaps.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
???? I am sure the daughter won't give a S*** what wheels are on the car.

Besides a first car?? If so she will smack it up in the next few months. Get the right wheels on the next one.
OH MY GOODNESS! She'll smack it up??
She's already scared to death she'll wreck it. She's not one of the crazy teenagers that race around. She keeps saying she wishes I had just bought her an old beater.

So do they sell jazzy looking hubcaps? And would I look for 15" hubcaps?

I should have just ordered the Sport, then the nicer wheels would already be on the car. UGH!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't like the wheels on the 2012 Sport because on
a close inspection they are not symmetrical.

Given you are getting the base you could look into a
set of aftermarket wheels.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Blackbeard
Because the base model has steel 15" wheels with hubcaps...cheapest thing is to find some 15" hubcaps you like better...

Name:  515lceXYqML_SS500_.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  35.7 KB So would I just look for 15" hubcaps? Like these? I guess I'm a dumb girl....I had no idea they were hubcaps.
$44 for all four? That seems cheap.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
It's the Raspberry Blue Metallic....the same size I was thinking ~ 15".
I didn't realize they were wheels with hubcaps.
if you're going to stay with the same size just get some caps, plus itll be less cause for concern if she looses a cap rather then a nice alloy getting stolen or scratched/dented from a curb or pothole. Maybe in the future some 16's would be nice but don't do anything yet, not worth it.

And as far as getting the sport...be glad you didn't, ground clearance isnt something a new driver needs to be worried about the the bumper on the sport models extends so far and flat from the front tires that scratching is inevitable.

Post up some pics when you finally get it, ive been dying to see this new color in person!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
if you're going to stay with the same size just get some caps, plus itll be less cause for concern if she looses a cap rather then a nice alloy getting stolen or scratched/dented from a curb or pothole. Maybe in the future some 16's would be nice but don't do anything yet, not worth it.

And as far as getting the sport...be glad you didn't, ground clearance isnt something a new driver needs to be worried about the the bumper on the sport models extends so far and flat from the front tires that scratching is inevitable.

Post up some pics when you finally get it, ive been dying to see this new color in person!

Good to know about the sport.

I'll be sure to post some pics!

BTW, will all 15" hubcaps fit the 15" wheels? Just wondering. I have never purchased hubcaps before.

Seems like a very inexpensive way to change the look.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Make her buy/pay for her own car.

/thread.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
Good to know about the sport.

I'll be sure to post some pics!

BTW, will all 15" hubcaps fit the 15" wheels? Just wondering. I have never purchased hubcaps before.

Seems like a very inexpensive way to change the look.
The diameter will be fine, but make sure your getting caps for wheels with 4 lugs...the last time i bought hubcaps myself was many years ago but just look for the diameter(15") and lug pattern(4lug for the fit)

Old 10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
op- does your daughter even care if the wheels are wheel covers or not? that would be the first question i'd ask myself if im buying a car for my kids.

one thing to note is that aftermarket wheels usually have aggressive offset so the car will not look right without lowering to minimze the wheel gap.

i recommend you go with the factory sport package to keep headache down.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
OP, I don't think your daughter would care about the wheels unless she's a car person, which doesn't sound like she is. I'd stick with the OEMs. Then after all the abuse (scrapes/curb kisses) and more behind the wheel time, maybe you can think of an upgrade.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a new one... Just me.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Make her buy/pay for her own car.

/thread.
If you knew my daughter, you'd never say that.
Although, I totally agree, in most cases.

The diameter will be fine, but make sure your getting caps for wheels with 4 lugs...the last time i bought hubcaps myself was many years ago but just look for the diameter(15") and lug pattern(4lug for the fit)
Thanks for all the info.

Originally Posted by kenchan
op- does your daughter even care if the wheels are wheel covers or not? that would be the first question i'd ask myself if im buying a car for my kids.

one thing to note is that aftermarket wheels usually have aggressive offset so the car will not look right without lowering to minimze the wheel gap.

i recommend you go with the factory sport package to keep headache down.
Thanks for the suggestion. =)
She doesn't really care so I should quit worrying about it I guess.

Originally Posted by concorde
i second that motion.
She NEVER, I MEAN never, asks for ANYTHING, ever!

Anytime she gets "birthday or Christmas" money, she spends it on someone else for their birthday or Christmas gift.

My mother was the ONLY grandparent she ever had and we lost my mother when my daughter was 10. She was very close to her.

I have raised her alone since she was 5 yrs. old and because of finances-- up until the last year--she has had to roll with the punches and accept whatever situation we were in, and never complained, never felt sorry for herself, when most kids would have.

She graduated 2 years early and started college right away. She's taking pre-med now and works at Kroger. She has some of the nuttiest classes and studies all the time. She has no time for fun and games right now and says, "I can have fun later, when I am through medical school."

She is on the Dean's list and is holding a 4.0gpa ~ pulling Molecular Bio, Neurophysiology , Anatomy & Physiology, and Calculus III.

Besides that and a whole lot more, I am putting down the first 10k and she will be paying the remaining 6-7K with her cashiering paycheck.
That way, she will have to be responsible and also build a little credit. I will have to co-sign to get the 1.9% rate, but she will be making the payments.

I couldn't spoil her if I tried.

She's the sweetest, most selfless 19 year old you'd ever come across. She is respectful, thoughtful, sensitive, tenderhearted, and really hates it when someone spends money on her. She didn't want me to order this car at all. It was my idea. She needs something dependable, small, and reliable to take her through the next 5 years or so of Med school. If something would happen to me, she would be on her own and alone.

Probably TMI, but you struck a nerve.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
OP, I don't think your daughter would care about the wheels unless she's a car person, which doesn't sound like she is. I'd stick with the OEMs. Then after all the abuse (scrapes/curb kisses) and more behind the wheel time, maybe you can think of an upgrade.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a new one... Just me.
Yeah. She's not the car person in our little family of two...hehe
If you read my last post it kind of explains why I thought a new car would be better. She HAS to have something dependable and with good gas mileage.
She's scared to death she will wreck the new car. She's having a hard time even being excited.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
She sounds like a great kid! Good job, Mom! Post a picture of the car when you get it - I can't wait to see the Blue Raspberry color.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shoopy
She sounds like a great kid! Good job, Mom! Post a picture of the car when you get it - I can't wait to see the Blue Raspberry color.
Thanks!

I will probably annoy everyone with an album.

I've been looking through others. Some really nice looking cars. I'm also being educated...LOL...I had no idea one could jazz up their "lip." hehe

Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
/thread <~~~~~~ What does that mean??

Quick Reply: Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??