General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FitFreak.net Decals!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't want a clingy for the inside, because you wouldn't see it through my tint. Sticky on the outside of the window works best for me (and I am definitely interested).

Old 07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Alright, to answer a few questions:

1. Static cling decals are not available. All decals will be cut in vinyl.

2. Sizing still to come as friend is really busy and will try and fit our work in ASAP.

3. Both inside and outside decals can be cut. Once pricing and sizing is posted, everyone when ordering will indicate whether or not they want it on the inside or outside.

4. All colours are available. Special vinyl such as chrome or simulated Carbon Fiber can be had, but will require advanced notification so he can get the stuff in. He has the new simulated CF that looks 100x better than what you've probably seen before. It has texture to it, not like the old grey black checker pattern. Combination colours can also be had.

That's all I have so far, more to come in a few hours. Thanks for your patience!

Justin - Illusive

Last edited by Illusive; 07-31-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Final update:

Since the dot on the i in "Fit" will be coloured, only 2-3 colour combinations will be selected to be mass produced. A poll will be created shortly with multiple options and the top three combinations will be selected for production. Sizing will be announced in the thread with the poll...will need an hour or two to sort this out. Stay tuned...

Old 07-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
just a suggestion, but something like 1-1.5" by 10" would look nice and clean

Old 07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Retired Moderator
That will probably be around the dimensions of the larger one. The smaller one I had in mind is for glass, so it would be about 1/2 that size...

Old 07-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Iwould rock one if it had a blue dot and didn't have the black background

Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
So quick question about the vinyl.. I'm assuming this has an advantage over true stickers because it won't leave as much or any residue? I'd definitely get an inside glass small one for my back window in that case

Old 07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
It will leave some residue depending on how you remove the decal. That can easily be taken care of with some Goo-Gone or some other thinner.

The black background is purely to see the lettering. I think everyone has mixed ideas of what the decal will look like. It is not a sticker like you all may be thinking (bumper sticker hence the black background). What will actually be cut is the letters only. When you stick it on, only the letters will be there, and the background will be whatever you stuck it onto...i.e. if I stuck one on my VBP Fit, then only the lettering will be there and the background will be my paint, VBP. It is like the Honda logo or the Fit lettering, but not raised up like an emblem. It is merely a vinyl decal, not sticker...

Old 07-31-2006, 06:41 PM
so i guess i was the only one that liked the vertical style decal??

Old 07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Thead with poll for colours has been made. Please go to:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/7390-fitfreak-net-decal-poll.html

As for the vertical style, I don't think there is much interest, but you can do it yourself with these decals. You just need to cut each letter into its own block and line them up vertically...

Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
thats cool, i guess that will work. i will probably buy a couple just incase i mess it up the first time

Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by garett
thats cool, i guess that will work. i will probably buy a couple just incase i mess it up the first time
Actually it would be quite easy to do. What you do is make sure that the squares you cut them in are straight and align to the bottom of the letter with your cut so the letter is square in the box. Then, what you do is take a long piece of masking tape and tape one end to the top of the table. Then, you simply stick each letter onto the sticky side of the masking tape with the front facing the sticky side. Once you get it the way you want, remove the backing on all of the letters and then use the long piece of masking tape to align it wherever you want and voila! You have a vertical decal!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thanks for your response, Illusive. That makes sense the way you explained it, and should look much better than something that has a clear background.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 PM
I work in a vinyl shop so I can tell you from much experience the best way to remove a vinyl sticker is to either peal it off on a hot day or heat it up with a hair dryer, should peal right off. If there is any sticky residue left it comes off with a little bit of rubbing alcohol, now the rubbing alcohol will remove any wax and you will have to rewax that area.
And if people want to have the sticker on the inside of their window they just have to be cut in a mirror image. so they are right reading on the outside of the window. And the vinyl is super easy to take off of glass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ordered on May 10th. Built on July 8th. Still waiting for it to show up.
Storm Silver MT Sport
Now I just have to wait to get my fit so I can put some super cool graphics on it.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Let us know when this is available and we'll stick it on the home page!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Retired Moderator
The poll has basically indicated what the forum would like to see. I should have this all sorted out tomorrow with two sample ones cut for me and I will take pics for people to see over the weekend. I should be taking orders on Monday with pricing to come. Thanks for your patience guys!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
sweet, I will sport one i hope for HIN!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 PM
The only other thing I have to add is that I say BOO HISS on the 3% fee for PayPal. I sell S2000 decals and accept payment through paypal and the loss is minimal.

I know it's petty, but, that's just my opinion. It's much easier to state "$15.00 shipped" and not worry about anything else.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah I'll end up coming with a nice rounded price for the decals. It won't be like $15.34 for sure. That makes for an easier transaction and less hassle. I know how to work this, don't worry

Old 08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
umm $15 for a vinyl sticker. i'll just go to the office and make them then charge for shipping only if that's the case

Quick Reply: FitFreak.net Decals!