General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I love my fit. So why do i keep...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
I love my fit. So why do i keep...

I LOVE MY FIT. SO WHY DO I KEEP...

LOOKING AT OTHER CARS!!!!

I'm sure many of you are in the same boat as me. You love your Honda Fit, whether it be the GD3 or GE8, of which I have had both. But I cant seem to stop looking at other vehicles and wondering if I should get it or not and let go of the Fit. The option to have two cars is unfortunately not an option .

I thought this would be a fun thread to be apart of that can give us some lighten news to know that I'm not the only one going through this everyday. LOL. Along with your thoughts, what car would get you to let go of your Fit if you had to. Included pictures if you'd like. Of course, money is an option and please say something that would be in your price range.

Three options for me would be:

2013 Ford Raptor

Name:  2013-ford-f150-svt-raptor-001-opt_zps75672210.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  62.2 KB

2013 Nissan 370z

Name:  2013-nissan-370z-chicago_zps93f7258a.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  89.1 KB

2013 Ford Mustang GT

Name:  3023277034u_2x424x360f_2013_ford_mustang_zps8eca3b08.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  30.7 KB

Would you let go of the Fit for any of these cars?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Raptors make me droooool.

swade

Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I would not change my Fit for any vehicle you mentionned simply because none of them are dog friendly!

Because of the poor availability of new Honda Fits for sale in Montreal, I have yet to see another Sport model. I kinda like the fact that in a city teeming with high end cars, in a sea of BMW`s, Porshes, Mercedes, and those awful awful Mini's.....My little Fit gets all the attention at red lights.

Name:  DSCF0015.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  201.6 KB

But If I had to trade her in well I might consider this one...

Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I seriously considered the A3 before the Fit, but two Fits = one A3... chose to happy my savings.

OP, if you don't need the back seats, take the 370z!!!
Raptor can't even go past 10mpg!!
Mustang GT is hideous!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
I think for people who love their cars and love to drive it's natural to look at other cars. I have traded my Fit in twice and regretted it big time! I traded my 2009 in for a 2008 Prius and really missed my Fit. Traded the Prius in for a 2010 Fit then last March traded the 2010 in for a Prius c. I liked the C much more than the standard Prius but again realized how much I loved my Fit. So.....about a month later my Fit was still on the dealers lot and I traded back lol!!! I also will periodically test drive other cars but honestly there's really nothing out there I want more than the Fit. I wanted to get one more Fit while they're still built in Japan so I now have a new 2013 and plan to actually keep and pay this one off. I know I'm crazy when it comes to cars but I don't waste money on alot of other things so I like to treat myself to driving a nice car.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i donno. the Fit is king in this segment so i dont look elsewhere. i tried searching for other options this summer, but i ended up getting my 3rd FitSport. hahahaha.

but yah, for me this is not my only car so i dont really have an urge for another car unless i see something really specific that i like. which hasn't been the case for a good 2-3yrs now. if Audi released a A4Avant (wagon) in 6MT, i would like to get it though. that would be my ultimate year round dd. i would still keep my hobby cars.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kirkuleez
I think for people who love their cars and love to drive it's natural to look at other cars. I have traded my Fit in twice and regretted it big time! I traded my 2009 in for a 2008 Prius and really missed my Fit. Traded the Prius in for a 2010 Fit then last March traded the 2010 in for a Prius c. I liked the C much more than the standard Prius but again realized how much I loved my Fit. So.....about a month later my Fit was still on the dealers lot and I traded back lol!!! I also will periodically test drive other cars but honestly there's really nothing out there I want more than the Fit. I wanted to get one more Fit while they're still built in Japan so I now have a new 2013 and plan to actually keep and pay this one off. I know I'm crazy when it comes to cars but I don't waste money on alot of other things so I like to treat myself to driving a nice car.
I was in the same boat with trading back and forth like yourself. lol I realized that i missed everything about the Fit but then I see the cars I mentioned above and I tend to forget about the Fit.... until i think about the insurance and gas.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
I would not change my Fit for any vehicle you mentionned simply because none of them are dog friendly!

Because of the poor availability of new Honda Fits for sale in Montreal, I have yet to see another Sport model. I kinda like the fact that in a city teeming with high end cars, in a sea of BMW`s, Porshes, Mercedes, and those awful awful Mini's.....My little Fit gets all the attention at red lights.

But If I had to trade her in well I might consider this one...

Originally Posted by kenchan
i donno. the Fit is king in this segment so i dont look elsewhere. i tried searching for other options this summer, but i ended up getting my 3rd FitSport. hahahaha.

but yah, for me this is not my only car so i dont really have an urge for another car unless i see something really specific that i like. which hasn't been the case for a good 2-3yrs now. if Audi released a A4Avant (wagon) in 6MT, i would like to get it though. that would be my ultimate year round dd. i would still keep my hobby cars.
Audis are beautiful cars. The one that always catches my eye is the Audi A5.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
If you really want to get back into a sports car, get a s2k and keep your fit!
Good buys for around $15,000.

I sold my white 2003 w/ 50k miles with oem hard top and other various goodies for only $14.5 almost 2 years ago... I was an IDIOT!!!

I hope the buyer isn't on our forum... no offense if you are! but she totaled my baby after 2 weeks of purchase so sad.

But yeah, check out the s2000 if you get a chance. You will definitely fall in love!

My first s2k w/ comptech s/c.
Name:  IMG_9387.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  36.7 KB
My 2nd s2k
Name:  IMG_1115.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  96.0 KB

Last edited by unethikl; 10-09-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
OMG. That White S2K is amazing. One of my good friends has an S2K and at one point he was contemplating of getting rid of it and I told him NOOO!!! Very sorry to hear about your former baby. That must suck to find out that someone totaled your past vehicle when you took such good care of it. Maybe it wasnt their fault :/

Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by SickFit
I was in the same boat with trading back and forth like yourself. lol I realized that i missed everything about the Fit but then I see the cars I mentioned above and I tend to forget about the Fit.... until i think about the insurance and gas.
Haha, I hear ya! The Fit may not be the best at everything, but as a total package it blends a lot of thing very well to create an awesome car with very low expenses!!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM
No, I would not trade the Fit for any other car for daily driving duties. It just does everything relatively well that I need it to do and it makes my commute fun enough while returning good gas mileage.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
The only two cars I would possibly trade up to would be a Golf TDi or a Mazda 3 Skyactive wagon. Both were significantly more than the fit, and both felt cramped inside. What is it with newer cars and feeling like you are cacooned away from the world with tiny little darkly tinted portholes to look out?

Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that is a common response to crash requirements. Supposedly the manufacturers are finally saying enough is enough and for example the new Accord has thinner (higher grade steel) A-pillars. You may have noticed that in new cars the B-pillar window glass surround (the bit of the door that the window rolls up to meet) is now substantially curved on the inside of the car to provide strength across the corner. Same thing ... makes otherwise good cars subtly oppressive.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I like my 2012 Fit Sport but every time I see one of these it makes me regret.

Hyundai Elantra

Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
i too have had both a GD and a GE but just because honda brought mugen to the fit here in america, i look at other cars, and feel sorry for people driving them (for the most part) i have modded my fit to a certain extent, but if you don't count that money i have spent sooooooooooooooooo little money on this car. i just turned 33,333 miles and i just had to purchase tires (the track used up probably 35% of the stock tread in one track day two years ago, i now use track specific wheels and tires for that a couple times a year.
this car gets awesome mileage (36 -37 mpg 70%city/30%hwy) mazda's "skyactive" claims 40MPG - i know a girl that has a 2012 hatch and she doesn't get anywhere near that and she's always on the freeway, i don't know i just love my fit, i'll probably upgrade when the new bodystyle comes out in a couple years, but we'll see. i'd trade my CRX (owned for 17 years)in a heartbeat for an S2000 and make it my new track car. and bag the fit (air not sell)
my .02

Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I regret not buying a 9th gen Civic Si or Mazdaspeed3. I got too caught up in the whole MPG thing. The savings obtained isn't worth the boredom that occurs behind the wheel.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by david223
I like my 2012 Fit Sport but every time I see one of these it makes me regret.

Hyundai Elantra

wow, really? thing is ugly.

Originally Posted by Potenza
I regret not buying a 9th gen Civic Si or Mazdaspeed3. I got too caught up in the whole MPG thing. The savings obtained isn't worth the boredom that occurs behind the wheel.
naw, you're not missing out on much. i checked them out in the summer while shopping for my winter dd. other than more power there's really nothing else the cars offer. they're not 'special' in any way to cover the added price premium on the car and fuel consumption.

do you have a AT Fitsport? if so, that might've been (dont mean to be rude) the mistake as my MT GE is considerably faster vs my AT GE.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
traded in my fit for a 350z roadster...havent regretted a single thing.

the fit was great.
i loved it...for what it was. a $16k car that was cheap.
i hated it for everything that it was lacking...alot.

id say i more/less tolerated the fit knowing that i was getting great MPG, it low monthly payment, could pretty much haul anyting i needed. however that entire time i knew i was settling, driving a car i didnt really enjoy. now i look forward ot getting into my car everyday. id rather pay for a car im enjoying, than pay a little less for a car i have "doubts" about.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
why settle for a 350Z roadster? should've gotten the shorter wheel base + more power, better gearing, better everything 370Z roadster for a tad more $.

Quick Reply: I love my fit. So why do i keep...