General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Happiness is....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
Happiness is....

....having a quarter of a tank and thinking "I should be good until I get paid in a week and a half"!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Jumping into my Fit on these cold twenty something degree mornings, starting up the Fit, and the engine is smooth as silk while some cars idle rough and sound like tractors when cold.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
... driving my fun '12 GE MT to work while my kids and wife are healthy, knowing my Z and G are safe inside the garage on a rainy day.

i dont take any of this for granted.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Being competitive in many trackdays despite my GD1's huge power deficit compared to 99% of the participants.

After months of taking shit from work, that makes me really happy.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Knowing I can squeeze my little fit into that small opening in traffic, and go around the morons that drive under the speed limit on the highway.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
....having a quarter of a tank and thinking "I don't have to worry about not being able to fill up before my next paycheck because I can manage my money well enough to cover the basic necessities."

Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Schoat333
Knowing I can squeeze my little fit into that small opening in traffic, and go around the morons that drive under the speed limit on the highway.
It's a speed limit, not a speed minimum. Or I'm a moron.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
.... sliding into the Recaro, locking the wheel into place and firing up the car.

.... a full tank of gas a empty road and no where to be

Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
It's a speed limit, not a speed minimum. Or I'm a moron.
If your not going to go the speed limit on the highway, stay off the highway. You can go slower on side streets if you like to drive slow.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
"Slower Traffic Move Right"

Highways around here have minimum speeds posted, and you can be cited for it.

You are not a traffic cop.

Left lane is the passing lane, if you are not passing get over. End of story.

Fortunately everyone here is going twenty over or more. 55mph on 294 should be penalized with public execution.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
"Slower Traffic Move Right"

Highways around here have minimum speeds posted, and you can be cited for it.

You are not a traffic cop.

Left lane is the passing lane, if you are not passing get over. End of story.

Fortunately everyone here is going twenty over or more. 55mph on 294 should be penalized with public execution.

I don't know what it is, but where our highways are 2 lanes, people seem to obey the slower traffic move right idea. When its three or more, they just think it's a free for all and pick any lane.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Schoat333
If your not going to go the speed limit on the highway, stay off the highway. You can go slower on side streets if you like to drive slow.
Yes boss. Ohio highways are all yours.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM
happiness is making it through hurricane sandy without a scratch on my fit. meanwhile the car parked two spaces away took a giant branch to the windshield.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Yes boss. Ohio highways are all yours.
Its for the benefit of everyone, not just myself. Drivers that block lanes and drive under the speed limit on the highway are the primary reason for traffic.

Driving under the speed limit on the highway is extremely pointless since the entire point is the ability to get somewhere faster while uninhibited by stop lights/signs.

If you want to get somewhere slower, why get on the highway?

Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
driving under the speed limit thinking that you are a safe driver has no idea people around him/her is about to smack the pos off the road.

i mentioned this on another thread, but they need to make a daytime speedlimit and a night time/poor weather speed limit with at least a 5mph difference.

and back to topic. im happy cause i am.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
driving under the speed limit thinking that you are a safe driver has no idea people around him/her is about to smack the pos off the road.

i mentioned this on another thread, but they need to make a daytime speedlimit and a night time/poor weather speed limit with at least a 5mph difference.

they have dual speed limits in Texas... almost got a ticket for it when I was driving through. got off with a warning. told the cop the truth, I was just passing through and wasn't used to it.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan

Driving under the speed limit can be very dangerous and causes a lot of problems, traffic flow wise. As far as different posted speed limits for diffrent weathers, that seems kind of silly. In MN you can be ticketed for driving at a unsafe sped for the weather. Bad weather driving is something you just need to use your best judgment on.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
they have dual speed limits in Texas... almost got a ticket for it when I was driving through. got off with a warning. told the cop the truth, I was just passing through and wasn't used to it.

that's awesome. that's the way it should be. especially out in the rural roads at night it can be pitch black and the speed limit is plenty fast for the limited visibility.

but in the daytime... can feel too slow.

as for driving too fast for conditions, MN is not the only state that has that law. and perhaps you guys dont know how to drive. at least if you have a posted speed limit for say a dry and wet weather, you dont have to rely some biased mental speed gauge by the cop. who's to say that particular speed is too fast for conditions or not? maybe for a pos car with 50K guranteed mile tires, but maybe not for a car with real tires.

oh, and i am happy cause my work day is almost coming to an end and can motor home in my '12 GE.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Happiness is... just a gear shift away.

On those days traffic is just scattered out thin, blue sky is carefully accented with clouds and occasionally covers up the portions of the sun. The weather perfect to drop the windows, soak in those rays, let the wind go through the hair (or what's left of it ), and life's drama, problems, and bullshit disappear for that moment in time.

^^ That with the mechanical symphony that is known as the combustion engine and some proper tunes going on in the background is my version of nirvana.

Originally Posted by Goobers
Yeah... we don't follow that around these parts.

Quick Reply: Happiness is....