General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Help me decide. *Lowering Springs*

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Help me decide. *Lowering Springs*

I have a bone stock 09' Fit Sport and i want to replace the springs. Im leaning towards Eibach's. What i want to know is whether i sohuld go with a pro kit or a sport line. I dont want to slam the car but i want to notice that it is lower. Also, has anyone had their springs very long and have you noticed any sag? I just want to get some springs that will make my fit look good but not destroy driveablility. Also let me know if you have other brand suggestions or want to sell me some springs. Thanks!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
go with swift springs there a ok drop 1in or u can always go full coil buddy club im going to start a group by

Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Pro-Kit and they are decent. Have about 5k on them and no sag. They drive good but for long interstate trips can be a bit unforgiving. That being said, I'd recommend saving for coils.

A little less than a 2 finger gap.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
+1 on Swifts.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Why are long trips troublesome for you?

Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
+1 on coilovers as well. But if you're really set on getting springs, I think the Eibach Sportlines give the lowest drop. Not too low compared to what coilovers can provide, but low enough to be noticed that the car is lowered. Just like what you wanted.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
I agree the Pro-Kit can be unforgiving. gives the car a nice drop, but very bumpy on uneven roads, but i guess once you lower your car, you must expect that with any springs.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
The lower you go on stock struts the worse the ride is going to be.

As there are no aftermarket alternative struts readily available for the GE right now, I suggest Swift springs: linear rate, smallest drop.

I have Tien S-Tech, they're alright, not totally uncomfortable, I take long road trips on them with my family all the time and they're comfy enough for everyone to fall asleep while i'm driving lol. Car sits a little lower than the Swifts.

If you can afford it, just go coilovers.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
i have buddy clubs on my self and they ride great im not even that low i got 1 finger gap front and rear and the fact that i can slam and lift when i please is the best and right now it rides very comfy just not my tires hate them to death there stiff and suck and floor impacts but on the freeways smooooth till i hit a gap line grrr and im not aloud to bye new ones till may becuase wife always talking shit how i waste money on tires all the time lol

Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
I have Eibach pro-kit as stated above can be hard on bumpy roads. I was thinking of coil overs but right now I am waiting to see if Chris at RedShift completes his Koni setup so I keep the springs and upgrade the struts and shocks. 2009 Fit Suspension Page

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Not too sure which way im gonna go yet. I really dont want to blow through tires tho. This is my daily driver so i have to think about the money its gonna cost to constantly replace tires.

On another note. No one is answering my other post. Have any of yall ever heard what sounds like your car gasping fo air or a engine rattle when accelerating from low rpm's. I have a MT so if i ever get a LITTLE low on rpms my car makes a noise. And im not talking so low that it clunks like its gonna die. Not that noise. i know that one and i dont drive that terribly.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Lowering your car won't wear your tires any faster if you get it aligned correctly. Wafulz is complaining about his tires, not his suspension.

Don't know the answer to your other question, probably just valve noise.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
I have the T1r s coil springs. Great height in front but the rear could be lower. Not sure if I dig the slightly raked stance. I should have saved for coilovers. Now that I'm used to the 1.8" drop, I want to drop it a bit more

Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
If it's ride and handling you want, go with Swift Sport Springs. Some even claim a better ride than stock. You at least won't sacrifice any ride quality with Swifts.

I don't get why Swift lowers more in the rear than the front (not by much to really matter)... but I'm sure they had their reasons.

Swift = good quality though, from what I understand. I may end up going with them. My driveway and some area roads suck for drops though.

BTW, I also understand Swifts don't do any damage over time.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM
springs would be less bumpy on streets compared to coilovers ...

we ge8's just need some shocks to go with the springs ...

and i'll be good !

Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
i have dropzone springs on mine, and they ride great bout a 2 inch drop and ride really well....best part is they are only 80$

Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I've had Swift springs on for about a week now and I'm liking them a lot. They are a little stiffer than OEM but it's not by much.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
OP, if you want to minimize tire wear have your front toe set to 0 and invest in some camber bolts to get 1.2-1.4 front camber. Improved handling and better tire wear, just ask Wafuls

For springs, +1 on Swifts.

If your budget doesn't include coil overs, then you also probably are not going to want to be replacing blown OEM struts in 20-30K miles. Swifts are compatible with the OEM damping rates so you wont have to trim bump stops or replace them any sooner since you went low.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Okay so now im really stating to think i will just go all out and do coilovers. So with coil overs, do you still need to get camber kits to go with the coilovers or do they align correctly without them? Im thinking about going witheither the Tein Street Basis Coils or the Megan Street Series.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I see from searching on this site that Swift springs are the fan favorite but does anyone have any feedback on Progress? They have a 1.25"f and 1" r drop and I get get a set BNIB for less than $200. Any input? I feel they make good suspension components but was looking for a little personal experience.

Quick Reply: Help me decide. *Lowering Springs*