General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Lack of Forum Activity?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Lack of Forum Activity?

What gives? Where are the millions of Fit owners? Are things that bad or does nobody care about this car?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Nobody cares about it.

If people want driving fun they buy older stuff or they buy something with more power/grip out of the box.

The Fit is stuck with those who want a practical econobox. Those people are boring/couldn't care less about their cars/driving.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Nobody cares about it.

If people want driving fun they buy older stuff or they buy something with more power/grip out of the box.

The Fit is stuck with those who want a practical econobox. Those people are boring/couldn't care less about their cars/driving.
This is a shame. It's a very capable small car, that is good on gas and has the ability to humble larger cars on tight tracks.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
I hope to test that statement next Spring.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Over here we are all about track racing hatchbacks! Fit, Swift, Polo, Yaris, Geely... best bang for the buck.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
you've missed the most important point: forgetting mods for a second, the reason this site is not as active you might think is because the Fit is a bulletproof car. Little to nothing goes wrong with the car. As such, there are very few owners with complaints on these boards. You want action? Go to a Chrysler board.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BurntZ
you've missed the most important point: forgetting mods for a second, the reason this site is not as active you might think is because the Fit is a bulletproof car. Little to nothing goes wrong with the car. As such, there are very few owners with complaints on these boards. You want action? Go to a Chrysler board.
That doesn't make a board active. Enthusiasm makes a board active.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Activity on automotive message boards in general is nothing like it was 4-5 years ago even. You can thank social media for that.

This is not a Fit limited phenomenon. Tons of boards are almost dead these days.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Mods has a lot to do with activity take a look at ClubRoadster ClubRoadster.net Main everybody is doing some type of modification to their car.

If you look at other forums like NASIOC and VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com - Powered by vBulletin it is mostly GTI and WRX owners mostly posting. Where if you go to Ford Focus Forums, Ford Focus Message Board or any Civic forum where there is a lot of aftermarket parts you have people with every model posting.

Last edited by cjecpa; 11-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
There was much more activity before the GE was produced. The vast majority of buyers purchased them through the cash of clunkers program. Bc of that, the demand for aftermarket mods decreased. So the combination of owners that were not enthusiastic and lack modsare most likely the main contributors. There was also some issues with trolls that prob drove off some users and then gd owners hitting the 50k mark and selling.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
it's not that i dont care about my fit, ive already got the car to my liking so i just enjoy using it now. if i bought something new i'd talk about it, but not much more to buy for my purpose. i suppose in a few yrs i might get another set of wheels when the tires are worn out, or might paint my enkei's. then i can post about that.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
it's not that i dont care about my fit, . . .
It's not that I don't care about my Fit either.

I am not likely to make mods unless they help the Fit work better. At my age trying to look cool only looks sad. I do want to learn the oddities about this car and how to get the best from it.

I appreciate the FitFreaks forum but it doesn't work for me as well as other forums work for other topics.
  • There are many sub-forums with nearly no traffic. Since I'm new, reading only the newest posts will miss lots of the knowledge collected here, but sorting down through the sub-forums is time-consuming. I'm sure it was organized when there was more traffic and worked well.
  • The page bounces around a lot as it loads ads and I often click on something as the page jumps so I end up looking at something else. This is probably related to the "Premium Broadband" in this rural area.
These are minor compared to the amount of information collected over the years and the current help that the regular posters provide.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
We are definitely a minority in the fit population.

I'm still thankful that such a large repository of info does exist for my car though

Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
One thing in regards to Honda sites is the people who mod cars are typically younger. The fit is still a fairly expensive entry point considering you can get and EG/EK or other civic for 1500 as a starting point. GD's are stil 8-10k and up so unless the parents buy the car they are to broke to do anything to it.

The other is it is a fairly low production vehicle. Honda has sold millions of civics for many years so aftermarket companies make part for it(and many are universal) MY 2007 sold 56k units and the car came out in may of 06. It sell roughly 50k units a year versus 320k Civics. so in 7 years ir sold a little more than 1 years worth of Civics.

This means less aftermarket support, which means less tuners buy the car, which means less activity. Is it hopping like it was in 06/07/08 no. We are in the same spot as the EP3 forums. A devoted following but not mass popularity. I love my GD, and love the fact that they are rare.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sprocket
. At my age trying to look cool only looks sad.
does it look sad driving a Fit at 'your age' ?

neighbor asked me if i lost my job when i came home in my Fit.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM

Bunch of old folks and women driving Fits here. I've surprised a few people on the road because I don't think they've ever seen a Fit driven in anger before but have seen a hundred Fits driving 50mph in the right lane on the freeway.

They are literally EVERYWHERE out here now, like I see 5-10 on the road on the way home every day, none of them driven by anyone who looks slightly interested in doing anything to the car though.

A few years ago i'd get excited if I saw another one on the road it was so rare i'd see one, GD or GE.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

lolz.

If a brand new car is justification for a brand new car to some people, I'm just way too sensible.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
I am 46 and still have the tuner mentality from 20 years ago.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Funny all my friends tell me, " I know why you got the fit... So you can cruise the high schools and still pick up the young ones." Lol!

In reality I commute a lot and needed something new and reliable to get me around that got good mpg. Plus I always wanted a GD, but then I saw the GE at the LA auto show with the Mugen kit and just knew I would own one.

As for the forum activity it's like every other forum, starts off good and then goes to junk as the cars get more affordable and new models come out. Only the few on here actually like the car enough to add a few mods here and there.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ

As for the forum activity it's like every other forum, starts off good and then goes to junk as the cars get more affordable and new models come out. Only the few on here actually like the car enough to add a few mods here and there.
I agree, but I kinda like the fact that modded fits are so far and few in between. Makes it feel like ours are special

The cultish-like following on this forum is kinda cool too.

Quick Reply: Lack of Forum Activity?