General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Happy Build Date to my fit, Happy Build Date to my fit . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Happy Build Date to my fit, Happy Build Date to my fit . . .

Well it's here - - today 9/27/06 is the build date for my long awaited Storm Silver Sport A/T - - put money down almost 8 weeks ago 8/3 for a Fit that was supposed to be at the dealer by the end of August - lol - -

Anyhow, my long wait is a little shorter now, dealer says 4-5 weeks until it arrives here in Tampa FL - - end of October (trick or treat) - - sold my wifes Murano last week so the next several weeks are going to be crazy, still 3 cars in the family but the kids are busy with school and work too.

I hope this car is worth the wait - - we looked at a Versa, to bland for us, the Fit should be a fun little car

Old 09-27-2006, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
OK - - I know this was a lame post - - I'm embarrassed

Just getting tired of waiting

Old 09-27-2006, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
I'm right there with you I had a 9/18 build date and it was driving me crazy now i just want it to show on the transit sheet, meaning it is in the states.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Doesn't it take 3 weeks to get to the port in Calif. from Japan??

Old 09-27-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
2-3 weeks is normal.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
wow, there must not be much demand for the fit down there in FL. I put my deposit down on 6/29 and I am expecting my build date in the next 2 weeks.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Just curious because I am from Tampa also. What dealer are you getting it from?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Just the opposite - - from what I've heard almost every Fit in the Tampa area is pre-sold - - there isn't any sitting on the lots waiting for buyers - lol

BTW, I'm getting mine from Kuhn for MSRP - - Hondaland would also sell at MSRP, but Brandon wanted an additional market adjustment and let me walk instead of leaving a deposit.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sz28r
Just the opposite - - from what I've heard almost every Fit in the Tampa area is pre-sold - - there isn't any sitting on the lots waiting for buyers - lol

BTW, I'm getting mine from Kuhn for MSRP - - Hondaland would also sell at MSRP, but Brandon wanted an additional market adjustment and let me walk instead of leaving a deposit.
I didn't pay a penny more then MSRP for mine (this was when it first came out 4/20 i believe). This was from Crown Honda , in St.pete. Nice to see that someone else in the area is getting a Fit, haven't seen too many of them on the road. Do you post on tamparacing by the way ?

Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ieldib
I didn't pay a penny more then MSRP for mine (this was when it first came out 4/20 i believe). This was from Crown Honda , in St.pete. Nice to see that someone else in the area is getting a Fit, haven't seen too many of them on the road. Do you post on tamparacing by the way ?
I've seen one or two in the New Tampa area, not to many though - - still trying to confirm that mine was built, it's getting frustrating - lol

And yes, I've posted a couple of times on tamparacing, not under this screen name I don't think - ?? - -

So what model/color Fit did you get, and how do you like it??

Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sz28r
I've seen one or two in the New Tampa area, not to many though - - still trying to confirm that mine was built, it's getting frustrating - lol

And yes, I've posted a couple of times on tamparacing, not under this screen name I don't think - ?? - -

So what model/color Fit did you get, and how do you like it??
Mines is NBP, base model. So far it's great, just really slow. I'am looking forward to either swapping a k20 into it, or just getting another project car.
http://www.gdhatch.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1155436877

Old 10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ieldib
Mines is NBP, base model. So far it's great, just really slow. I'am looking forward to either swapping a k20 into it, or just getting another project car.
http://www.gdhatch.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1155436877
LOL - I hear ya - - my wife will be driving the Fit 95% of the time anyhow, and I get to play in race cars on the weekends so I get my "speed fix" that way - -

Enjoy your Fit

Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
BTW - - the dealer told me yesterday that they have no confirmation the car has been built yet - - it was supposed to be built 9/23-9/27 - - it might have been built but no VIN yet - - this is getting crazy, I might be looking at another option if this goes on much longer

Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
You won't see any confirmation until the car hits the US. While dealers can track US/Canada built vehicles Japan cars don't show up on transit sheets until they hit the port. My vehicle was built on 9/18 and hit the transit sheet on 9/29 so you should know something within a week. BREATH DEEP once it hits the transit sheet you should receive the car in about 3 weeks and the dealer will be able to tell you every step of the way where the vehicle is.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
I went so far w/ mine as to investigate Honda's intermodal system and looked up the railway's schedules. Honda appears to have two ports of entry: Portland, and San Diego. My silver Fit Sport arrive in Portland unsold three days before I reserved it. It took exactly two weeks to go from the dock in Portland, across the northwest, through the Twin Cities, to Chicago, and into KC, all courtesy of the BNSF. So depending on which port yours arrives (guessing SD, CA) I suppose 2-3 wks is about right.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I wonder why the availability is so limited in the US.

I just walked into a dealer yesterday in the Toronto area and put a downpayment on a Sport Auto. I had called around to several dealers within an hour's drive from my home and found that there many Sport Auto models sitting around without buyers. I got it at about USD400 below MSRP.

As I had to go out of town until the end of the week, I won't see my new Fit until after the long weekend.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think it is anymore limited we just have more population.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM
my build date was july 4th and i'm still waiting....what gives?

Old 10-03-2006, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Plain and simple you car a) was never produced, b) never ordered c) sold out from under you. Honda does reserve the right to change a vehicle but your dealer can track this. He can print out an on order report which tells him everything slated for production for the next 60 days. Mine had a build date of 9/18. Once a vehicle is produced it goes to an in-transit report, Japanese produced vehicles hang in limbo until they reach port, once on the transit list your dealer can track your cars progress daily. example my vehicle show a recvd dat and a ship date and an ETA to the dealer usually a 4 day window CA means the car was in California(san Diego port) the next day the car will show in Arizona the New Mexico etc.

It doesn't take 4 months to produce and ship, a vehicle. Your car could have had an order date of july a production date in late august and be in transit. check with your dealer.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I work for the dealer

they say its close and I just believe them. its makes me mad that i'm paying the same as everyone else and they give me no answers... It's not like I'm going to buy one from another dealership.

Quick Reply: Happy Build Date to my fit, Happy Build Date to my fit . . .