General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

C&D says the HR-V should have been the 3rd gen FIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:41 AM
C&D says the HR-V should have been the 3rd gen FIT

I was thinking the same thing.

First Drive: 2016 Honda HR-V

3in wider tract is the big plus, This article compares it to 3rd gen fit and it wins just like the fit was compared again 2nd gen and the later won.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:36 AM
If I wanted a vehicle that was 9" longer, 3" wider and 400lbs heavier than the Fit, I would definitely be interested in the HR-V. It should sell well since it is nice looking, and micro CUVs are trending right now. But, the size of the Fit was one of the major factors that attracted me to it.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 AM
If it makes them feel any better they can take off the HRV badge and replace it with a Fit badge.

I think the HRV looks dorkier

Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
If I wanted a vehicle that was 9" longer, 3" wider and 400lbs heavier than the Fit, I would definitely be interested in the HR-V. It should sell well since it is nice looking, and micro CUVs are trending right now. But, the size of the Fit was one of the major factors that attracted me to it.
I wanted the Fit because it's NOT a micro CUV.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I wanted the Fit because it's NOT a micro CUV.
Yeah, and I don't think I could fit an HRV in my 1 car garage without problems

Old 05-19-2015, 12:21 PM
If I wanted a psudo offroad vehicle i'd just get a CRV and actually be able to kind of go offroad with it and have a nicer vehicle to boot.

I don't understand this thing at all, but ok, I guess.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:25 PM
I bet some Honda people wanted to call it the Civic Crosstour

Old 05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Both are terrible doe.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Saw the HRV at my local dealer last night. They're all very excited about it. They've already sold two of them. Subaru has a very strong presence in this area, and they think it will compete well with the smaller Subaru models.

Not my cup of tea, but, will probably sell like the proverbial hotcakes in this area where EVERYBODY wants AWD.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 05-20-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Redd
Yeah, and I don't think I could fit an HRV in my 1 car garage without problems
Wow, and I thought I had a small garage.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
If anything this vehicle provides stock 5 bolt, all four disc part numbers, so there's that.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
I was at Rossi Honda in Vineland, New Jersey today to get the oil changed in my Fit for the first time. I was surprised to see that they had two HR-Vs, one white, the other steel gray, newly arrived on the lot. My first impression was that they reminded me of the Nissan Juke, except with no freaky alligator-style headlights.

Both of these HR-Vs appeared to be the EX, tricked out with Navi and leather seats. The sticker price said $26,720, and the salesman said that is what they will sell for, presumably plus sales tax and other delivery charges. He said other dealerships are marking them up an additional 1K to 1.5K.

I sat in one and it seemed more massive inside than my Fit, perhaps due to the bigger center console with a much higher center armrest than my Fit. To me it had the look of quality.

I'm thinking the HR-V will be a hit, especially in the lower-priced models. But don't expect to get the mpg that you get with a Fit.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
I was at Rossi Honda in Vineland, New Jersey today to get the oil changed in my Fit for the first time. I was surprised to see that they had two HR-Vs, one white, the other steel gray, newly arrived on the lot. My first impression was that they reminded me of the Nissan Juke, except with no freaky alligator-style headlights.

Both of these HR-Vs appeared to be the EX, tricked out with Navi and leather seats. The sticker price said $26,720, and the salesman said that is what they will sell for, presumably plus sales tax and other delivery charges. He said other dealerships are marking them up an additional 1K to 1.5K.

I sat in one and it seemed more massive inside than my Fit, perhaps due to the bigger center console with a much higher center armrest than my Fit. To me it had the look of quality.

I'm thinking the HR-V will be a hit, especially in the lower-priced models. But don't expect to get the mpg that you get with a Fit.
Everyone is missing what C&D was saying. Quality wise, the fit should have been this car. hey stated this should be the bar for quality all Honda should meet. If the 3rd gen fit had this interior, the 3in wider track, and other things like quality issues, dealers couldn't keep them on the lot. BTW if the R18 was put in the FIT, it would be getting higher than the civics 41mpg hwy while being 26hp more than 2nd gen. I would have loved to see a DI R18. Would prob make 150hp.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
We held off upgrading from our '07 Fit until we could actually see an HR-V. We went in last Sunday to look the HR-V over and see what we thought of it.

On Monday we bought the EX-L Fit we had wanted from the beginning. As my wife said, the HR-V was just too much like our '12 CR-V just shrunk up a bit.

The HR-V will sell well, but its not a replacement for a Fit. Nice little vehicle but uses more gas and is bigger than a real Fit. It doesn't have that little sport coupe look or feel to it.

Hope they sell a million of them, but we will stick with our Fit.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
It looks like an overall good CUV. People in the US still greatly prefer CUVs over hatches and wagons. The HRV has 6 more cubic feet of space with the seats down (58.8 vs 52.7), and 7.7 more cubic feet with them up (24.3 vs 16.6) and available AWD. The Fit gets around 4 mpg better all around (comparing EX to EX, manual to manual, CVT to CVT) and a $3.5k lower price tag (base). The cargo capacity in the HRV is actually around the same volume as previous generation Fits, but the HRV also has a slightly roomier passenger area.

I think the Fit is overall a better bargain, but I understand if some people prefer the HRV. Some people are willing to pay for just a bit more room, or pay to own an SUV over a Hatchback. Some people need AWD and more ground clearance, and wouldn't mind a smaller SUV than the CRV. I think in the Northeast US dealerships will likely order most of their HRVs spec'd out with AWD. Most cars grow as they get updated. BMW's X3 grew to almost X5 proportions, as the X5 grew even larger, so they added an X1. Same thing is happening to the CRV, so they're adding the HRV. The only things I don't like about the HRV are: 1. that it really does look a bit generic. 2. Touchscreen climate control. I already have mixed feelings about the touchscreen interface in the Fit, but a second touchscreen for A/C seems like overkill, and I'd likely find it annoying.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
I hear that about cars growing over time. I can remember when the Civic was smaller than the Fit, and the Accord used to be smaller than the current Civic.

Thank God, the Fit didn't get bigger this time around.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Thank God, the Fit didn't get bigger this time around.
Agreed, and I was pleased that the GK actually shrunk almost 3 inches in length. That's almost unheard of in the American market (one much needed exception was the 5" reduction in length that the C6 Corvette underwent after it became bloated up to and including the C5).

Last edited by GoBucky; 05-22-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM
The fit stays the same size because it has to be able to fit the auto elevators used in many countries across the 🌍. The HR-V fits as well. There was always a 4wd Jazz. It was finally brought here as an option to the other compact CD's from other companies. Thank God it's here so you get a preview of the quality the current FIT should have been and the 16' will be.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:21 PM
I looked at the HV-R & sat in one at local dealer a couple weeks ago when I was looking at the 2015 Fit. I had a very positive impression of interior & basic layout. Front passenger area felt relatively more roomy even though the beltline results in a loss of the desired sense interior airiness. Overall materials, fit & finish definitely seemed a notch more upscale than Fit. I have read a couple of quite positive reviews & I expect this latest Honda puppy will be a big seller.

If I needed more interior room & had more room in my garage, I would consider this the pick of mini-SUV litter. But I need room to walk around the car (& open the hatch with garage door closed) plus our 2015 Outback has plenty of cargo room when I need it. The Fit remains my choice for our "city car" - anytime we drive more than 70 miles we opt for the comfort of the Outback. As it stand now, I'm going to stick with my 2011 Fit & wait to see what Honda does with the GK refresh in a couple of years.

Desmond: - I hope you areright about this car being a prelude to the quality of 2016 Fit.

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-01-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Thank God it's here so you get a preview of the quality the current FIT should have been and the 16' will be.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed people around here when the '16 Fit rolls out. Everybody's expecting everything from a volume knob on the EX radio to a taller arm rest, to God knows what else. I believe Honda feels that the Fit is just exactly what they want it to be, and I expect nothing will change for '16.

Quick Reply: C&D says the HR-V should have been the 3rd gen FIT